Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 11 Discussion (30 May, 7:30pm)

In your opinion, was the eviction cancellation which saved Sam...

• Good, we need to keep interesting housemates in the house!

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Bad, we need to stop letting producers manipulate the show!

Votes: 47 73.4%
  • Mixed, sometimes twists happen so we all need to live with it!

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
I guess it may be something similar to Gabbie, Trevor, Aleisha. People felt bad voting against Trevor ... and Trevor got to go home. Oops.

If it comes down to you going home, or someone in your alliance going home (who you "trust" and who says they'll "have your back"), then, boom, Reggie be gone.

Or, if the balance of power tips in favour of the newbies (ie, they "have the numbers"), and things continue on as a "newbies versus OGs" game, and Reggie gets put up against two newbies, then, also boom, Reggie be gone.
I think no one wants to vote out the blind lady and they know Australia loves her.

Well he is not silly, of course to win he would have to get rid of Reggie at some point. And if he could do it while keeping his hands clean that would be a perfect move. I can’t see him actually pulling that one off though.
Tim is a disabilities worker now. Maybe he wants to help Reggie win? Or maybe he knows there is no way to beat her?

Tim is a disabilities worker now. Maybe he wants to help Reggie win? Or maybe he knows there is no way to beat her?
An odd take - if he has that role he won't be that patronising.

Remember it is still early days and Tim is very media savvy - he knows the longer Reggie is on the show the better it is for the show and hence for his own profile. And even removing that factor I suspect he also thinks he can beat her at the end.

An odd take - if he has that role he won't be that patronising.

Remember it is still early days and Tim is very media savvy - he knows the longer Reggie is on the show the better it is for the show and hence for his own profile. And even removing that factor I suspect he also thinks he can beat her at the end.
I’m trying to understand why Tim went back. On the podcast with Heidi he seemed wanting to completely separate from reality tv.

Plus he seems to be doing image control through social media. Something I don’t think he would be allowed to do if he was in the finale where Australia votes? Or maybe he’s doing it so Australia likes him and understands his move?

I’m trying to understand why Tim went back. On the podcast with Heidi he seemed wanting to completely separate from reality tv.
Money talks. Considering he agreed to do BBCAN for enough money that he said didn’t need to work for the remainder of 2016 i can’t see him having gone on this series for much less.

And ultimately once a show off, always a show off.

Circumstances change too - as they say never say never because six months later you may feel completely different about it.

HA!

So I’ve already said that I don’t have any idea what really goes on behind the scenes of paying celebs to appear on reality Tv. Amounts get reported in the media all the time but I take that with a grain of salt.

However, Theo posted an interesting podcast interview with Tully. If you skip to around 13mins and listen until about 15mins she talks about how she didn’t think Drew would come on.

Then she says … and I will quote verbatim from about 14:15

“the ex housemates didn’t get paid any exorbitant amount of money, this isn’t IACGMOOH and we’re all getting 30,40,50k to come back. We got paid basically the same as the newbies.”

Sounds to me like they got paid substantially less than even 30k taking into account what Tully has said.

She goes on to say the reason IACGMOOH people get fat paycheques is because there’s no prize money.

What would be the stipend nowadays for the regular folk? Guessing at least $1k a week for about 10 weeks.
I have a vague recollection, could be totally off, but I think in the channel 9 years it was $500 per week… So 10 years on and with rising costs and inflation you would think it would have to be around $1000 a week now. Tully mentioned something about staying in the black, you’d hardly be able to cover rent and bills for less.

What would be the stipend nowadays for the regular folk? Guessing at least $1k a week for about 10 weeks.
Of the top of my head I'd guess maybe $1300-1500/week gross?

Estelle: blink once for yes; twice for no.

does “IACGMOOH” mean “I’m a celebrity get me out of here?” Took me a while. Never seen that show. I don’t think it airs in the US.

does “IACGMOOH” mean “I’m a celebrity get me out of here?” Took me a while. Never seen that show. I don’t think it airs in the US.
Haha sorry I said I would quote verbatim and then I use a stupidly long acronym but it helped me keep up with her speaking rate haha. You got it tho 😜

Back