Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 10 Discussion (25 May, 7:30pm)

Are you enjoying this hybrid version of Big Brother?

• Yes

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I'd mix it up a different way, but yes.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • I'd mix it up a different way, because no.

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
I still believe he was paid more than the others because he didn’t want to. We know how reluctant he was to return, and his attitude now that he’s in the house also says it all. They did everything they could to make sure he was, so they could tell this exact story. Sam’s non-eviction tonight cemented that…

The entire season - from every single promo, to the tasks, the “twists”, to the angle in which storylines are told - has revolved around this so-called (and non-existent) Drew/Tully/Sam triangle. My theory: they ensured Tully, Tim and Drew were in there together - and also chose Josh and Sam, with their pre-existing relationship - to concoct the season’s plot.

It is not difficult to see how the producers pre-planned the direction of the season they believed would bring in viewers, rather than letting something else happen organically. It is an absolute wrought. And unsurprisingly, it has backfired.

@Estelle.Landy do you know if Drew was paid more than the other OG’s to be there?

Instead of trying to bait, she has already answered this.
So I’m legitimately confused. What was her answer?

You originally posited that Drew had been given A LOT of incentive to come back. When questioned you walked it back saying you didn’t mean financial incentive… now it seems like you are back to saying he was in fact paid more.

The only ‘proof’ either way I’ve seen is Tully saying that the payment was quite low for the OGs.

So I’m legitimately confused. What was her answer?

You originally posited that Drew had been given A LOT of incentive to come back. When questioned you walked it back saying you didn’t mean financial incentive… now it seems like you are back to saying he was in fact paid more.

The only ‘proof’ either way I’ve seen is Tully saying that the payment was quite low for the OGs.
You are so naive.

FYI, I literally prefaced my post by stating “I believe…” followed by stating facts about how the season was being produced, edited and portrayed. It’s not my fault you’re illogical and can’t put two and two together.

You are so naive.

FYI, I literally prefaced my post by stating “I believe…” followed by stating facts about how the season was being produced, edited and portrayed. It’s not my fault you’re illogical and can’t put two and two together.
… Because he has a big storyline, you think the producers offered him more than the other Og’s. Ok, thanks for helping me understand your logic.

@Estelle.Landy do you know if Drew was paid more than the other OG’s to be there?
I think he was just stuck in lockdown, and that's part of the reason he agreed.

Either stay in lockdown or come and do something somewhere else for a bit. Worst thing that happen is he gets voted out the first week but at least he was doing something else for a bit and get paid for it.

I think he was just stuck in lockdown, and that's part of the reason he agreed.

Either stay in lockdown or come and do something somewhere else for a bit. Worst thing that happen is he gets voted out the first week but at least he was doing something else for a bit and get paid for it.
Yeah this seems to be more likely to me. I don’t know anything about payments for these types of shows and take gossip rags amounts reported with a grain of salt. I just found it interesting that Tully said the amount they were offering the OG’s was low. (I can’t atm remember the exact way she phrased it). Which makes me question whether Drew was paid any more than the others. No doubt they would have been keen to have him and Tully and Tim for the storyline, but being approached to do something like this in the middle of lockdown would have been appealing, regardless of previous comments distancing himself from BB.
Of course I don’t actually KNOW anything, he may very well have been offered more, I am naive and illogical after all! Bahaha. 🤣

There was always heavy production influence on all BB US seasons, but is this the same in BB AU? There have been several production companies that produced this show, but is the current production even able to tell the hgs how to vote? If they did, I'd think they would have kept Joel for a few more weeks.

There was always heavy production influence on all BB US seasons, but is this the same in BB AU? There have been several production companies that produced this show, but is the current production even able to tell the hgs how to vote? If they did, I'd think they would have kept Joel for a few more weeks.
Absolutely not. There has always been conspiracy theories in the US but the game has always been fair (there are strict rules about fairness on US TV), indeed that is why they have very few twists. They don't blatantly cancel evictions or give advantages to their favourites in the way BBAU do - any alleged manipulation is much more subtle and off screen.

Last edited:
It's just curious because I know the extent I work out and train. Which is more than reasonable for a normal person.
It would depend a lot on your diet and what kind of workout you actually do.
5 hours a week in the gym when you're spending half of that looking at your phone is not the same as 5 hours a week of metcon style workouts where you're pretty much constantly moving and actively recovering between sets.

Plus you can't out-train a bad diet or bad sleeping patterns

I love how Reggie is so bewildered by the "twists" aka rigging. "Why?!" indeed

This was clearly a last minute change to cancel the eviction since there was not even a reason for it. I am sure they had a secret room ready but were saving it for someone like Tim, Reggie or Tully and we will see that later in the series.

Sam leaving would have been more interesting to watch to see how Drew navigated the game without a relationship. But this current crop of producers probably already plotted this dumb "Romeo & Juliet" storyline with coloured index cards and could not bear to abandon it in bad taste and bad faith.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. There has always been conspiracy theories in the US but the game has always been fair (there are strict rules about fairness on US TV), indeed that is why they have very few twists. They don't blatantly cancel evictions or give advantages to their favourites in tge way BBAU do - any alleged manipulation is much more subtle and off screen.
BBUS has a lot of manipulation, but it comes in the form of tipping the scales in favor of the people they want to stay. Not outright cancelling an eviction. They have done things like scrap planned challenges and quickly assemble new ones that favour certain people. The producers will also try to get into the housemates heads in the diary room to make them consider alternative plans than what the person was intending.

Sometimes their manipulations fail like when one person was given a chance to stay after being evicted but had to complete an easy puzzle to earn her safety. The girl got so panicked and failed to complete the simple puzzle in the time limit, much to the shock and dismay of the producers. I'm sure the producers would have loved to tell her to pull and string to stay instead, but even they won't be that blatant with rigging.

Absolutely not. There has always been conspiracy theories in the US but the game has always been fair (there are strict rules about fairness on US TV), indeed that is why they have very few twists.
That’s a misconception, actually, Big Brother isn’t governed by game show laws because it’s classified as entertainment.

Back