Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 10 Discussion (25 May, 7:30pm)

Are you enjoying this hybrid version of Big Brother?

• Yes

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I'd mix it up a different way, but yes.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • I'd mix it up a different way, because no.

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
Mate I think we both know what I meant. There’s a difference between someone who goes to the gym and keeps fit and someone who revolves themselves around the gym 24/7.
It would be curious to know what extent housemates over the years work out. Mainly for my own understanding of fitness.

As a straight guy, I don't really pay attention to shirtless men. You see a ripped Hemsworth in a Marvel film, but that's just ridiculous Hollywood land stuff. So seeing what are apparently normal people in BB who appear in quite good shape is of curiosity for me. Although normal can be a bit of a stretch with BB.

How much do they work out? How much is just body type? Fat distribution? How much is just being thin making muscles pop? Is it just age? All of these and more?

It's just curious because I know the extent I work out and train. Which is more than reasonable for a normal person. I feel I'd look a bit out of shape if I was in the house. Although then I don't know. If I quite booze for 6 months and slimmed down the final last bit. Whether I'd be popping or not. I really don't know, although I should try it.

It was probably set up for Estelle but either way it should not be happening.

Better to let evictee compete to return than have produced saved evictees - indeed the pre-recorded format makes that even easier to do.
I think the producers thought, meh, Estelle is going, and as she isn't THE SHOWMACE ALL OF AUSTRALIA IS WATCHING, we don't care....
Then when they get the votes and its SAM,........

OMG WTF DO WE DO????????? Um..... oh..... quick.... someone get a bit of sticky tape and hang a note next to the front door... quick, quick ... YOU ... run down there now ...... THE SHOWMANCE WE MUST SAVE IT.... AS ITS GUNNA BE A RATINGS BONANZA.....

jesus....
Hmmm too much Johnny?....you will read a lot worse (most of it directed at the dudes...I thought I would mix it up, although I did debate leaving it out)
It was probably set up for Estelle but either way it should not be happening.

Better to let evictee compete to return than have produced saved evictees - indeed the pre-recorded format makes that even easier to do.
I never enjoy the fake evictions....mostly because I feel like the last 15mins meant nothing and they could have showed us something else (but still the votes are interesting I guess).....I refuse to believe they are set for one house mate or another though (niave maybe) and the suggestion they can edit now depending on viewer reactions seems incorrect also....surely the whole series was cut and pasted before going to air?

I just watched the episode. They were 30 off the lolly count. Uhm…. Yeah right 🙄

In any case, the cage provided a breeding ground for some tension and it was GREAT viewing. Tim should not have lied about saying he could vote Estelle, however I get that inside the cage probably wasn’t the best place to have that conversation with Estelle. But otherwise … how did Drew get off scot free? Was Taras’ admission dismissed? He heard it from Joel and not Sam.

For a split second I thought maybe Drew was talking about the OGs instead of Sam with Joel, but I think @up_all_night made a good point that if that were true he wouldn’t have had to talk in code like he did.

Regarding the twist. I know how unpopular they are here, but I accept that they are just part of this format. They are part of the game.
To be honest, when I thought it was Estelle in danger I was even hoping for a twist.
My issue is that going straight back into the house was a bit flat. Being Sam it actually could have been great TV to have her in a secret room watching the HMs. Drew might have admitted his porkie pie. Missed opportunity imo.

Back