Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2021 - Episode 19 Discussion (1 June, 7:30pm)

Who is your favourite Young Diva?

• Paulini Curuenavuli

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Kate DeAraugo

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Emily Williams

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Ricki-Lee Coulter

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Jessica Mauboy

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
Once again, it appears if Danny got the special treatment by happenstance, not by design.

In the previous episode, they could have fudged the, "someone come to the diary room." Really asking for Danny. Yet we don't know.

This one really came off as purely because Danny refused to go into the panic room. So what is the allegation? BB had the box of sweets ready to go and was only going to implement it if Danny was the last one out of the panic room? Or they scrambled when they saw Danny would be last? Changed plans?

The Danny show really could just be that he's less of a pot plant. He's more likely to be in situations to be chosen. He also is more entertaining than most of the housemates. Give Marley the light potato sack, yeah that'd be entertaining... Every time Charlotte is on screen I'm like, "Oh yeah, she's there."

Giving a housemate a "save a nominee" option before a nomination in no way seems as contrived as randomly taking evicted housemates and putting them back in. Changing the rules in the moment.

I also don't buy that Ari's balloon was sabotaged on purpose by the production. Although the choice to not put someone else up was wrong.

I have to admit, I found Jess's dorkiness kind of endearing. She was such a massive dork. I generally think her and Danny rivalry was played up more as a feud than a playful rivalry between people who got along.
The absolute REFUSAL from Danny to go to the Panic Room was suss as fuck. Considering he's quite clearly trying to tune Adriana, you'd think he'd just go in to be a gentleman and impress her. Either he knew something was coming, or he's just an arrogant dick and not a gentleman at all. In all honesty, I believe it's the latter haha.

His sudden onset sickness when he had a real chance of going and getting immunity springs to mind. If someone was genuinely sick, I really doubt that they would give them a mattress on the floor in the roof of the house to sleep on.
At the risk of being seen as a Danny apologist.
I think this was a covid thing. He was unwell, not bad enough to leave the game, wanted to stay and normally would have been able to. They needed to isolate him while he had a covid test and symptoms reduced.

I think Ari and Danny will make an amazing duo
Yeah I think this would be very interesting to watch.
I actually doubt it bought as much loyalty from Ari as Danny is hoping. It worked to get rid of one of his biggest rivals though. It was a win / win for Danny, even if Ari only aligns for a short time.

Once again, it appears if Danny got the special treatment by happenstance, not by design.

In the previous episode, they could have fudged the, "someone come to the diary room." Really asking for Danny. Yet we don't know.

This one really came off as purely because Danny refused to go into the panic room. So what is the allegation? BB had the box of sweets ready to go and was only going to implement it if Danny was the last one out of the panic room? Or they scrambled when they saw Danny would be last? Changed plans?

The Danny show really could just be that he's less of a pot plant. He's more likely to be in situations to be chosen. He also is more entertaining than most of the housemates. Give Marley the light potato sack, yeah that'd be entertaining... Every time Charlotte is on screen I'm like, "Oh yeah, she's there."

Giving a housemate a "save a nominee" option before a nomination in no way seems as contrived as randomly taking evicted housemates and putting them back in. Changing the rules in the moment.

I also don't buy that Ari's balloon was sabotaged on purpose by the production. Although the choice to not put someone else up was wrong.

I have to admit, I found Jess's dorkiness kind of endearing. She was such a massive dork. I generally think her and Danny rivalry was played up more as a feud than a playful rivalry between people who got along.

Daniel, I don't know if it's because he's created a few videos on YouTube, seems to be thinking how it all looks to the audience. He knows if you're more over the top you're more likely to be shown on television (Mary must have been a massive disappointment for them).

Anyway, Jess only had a real rivalry with Christina. They hated each other.

For what its worth, I don't think anyone has an issue with the twists as such, as it keeps a relatively boring game, somewhat interesting.

It's the blatant and indiscreet manipulation that turns me off. Just let the game and the alliance happen organically - enough manipulation and narrative writing.

For what its worth, I don't think anyone has an issue with the twists as such, as it keeps a relatively boring game, somewhat interesting.

It's the blatant and indiscreet manipulation that turns me off. Just let the game and the alliance happen organically - enough manipulation and narrative writing.

Reality TV has always been about manipulation and narrative.

In the previous episode, they could have fudged the, "someone come to the diary room." Really asking for Danny.
I think this is entirely possible. Probable, even.
I suspect Danny got tipped off by producers it would be beneficial to him to wait until last.
His sudden onset sickness when he had a real chance of going and getting immunity springs to mind. If someone was genuinely sick, I really doubt that they would give them a mattress on the floor in the roof of the house to sleep on.
Suddenly climbing a ladder was apparently no problem at all. It's a MIRACLE!

Fucking Danny show since Episode 1. FFS.

In the previous episode, they could have fudged the, "someone come to the diary room." Really asking for Danny.
I think this is entirely possible. Probable, even.
Once it was clear early on that the season would be The Danny Show, I've been wondering if the Day 1 twist of the Bunker actually happened as it aired or if they dubbed "any housemate to the Diary Room" on top of the actual request for Danny to come in.
Suddenly climbing a ladder was apparently no problem at all. It's a MIRACLE!
Exactly. He was complaining of being extremely dizzy and unable to walk straight - and then production told him to climb a ladder? Yeah, something is a bit suss there.

Once it was clear early on that the season would be The Danny Show, I've been wondering if the Day 1 twist of the Bunker actually happened as it aired or if they dubbed "any housemate to the Diary Room" on top of the actual request for Danny to come in.

Exactly. He was complaining of being extremely dizzy and unable to walk straight - and then production told him to climb a ladder? Yeah, something is a bit suss there.
lovely analysis
Forum always makes episodes more enjoyable
peeps dissecting Production script "errors" so helpful
Cheers

I think some of the kick back comes from the fact that people just don’t really like Danny.
It’s more palatable when it’s a more ‘likeable’ character. People cheered Angela more than they do Danny.

full disclosure: probably why I like it, I like watching Danny play so don’t mind seeing it.

People wanting to "like" housemates over who is good to watch has always been an issue in BB. At least we don't have to impacting who is voted out in this format.

The footage we saw of him being sick also seemed quite exaggerated too. Like he was playing up on something extremely minor.

That was the room they had. They also had that room with one mattress on the floor for a "double fake eviction." Which to me pointed to that being on the fly manipulation.

Maybe being sick saved Danny an eviction, we don't know. If he was in the house, with the nominations challenge result, he'd have been up and could have gone. We don't know though. It's a bit of a stretch to assume he perfectly timed being sick, got it past BB or with collusion with the production. All to avoid a nominations challenge his side wouldn't win. In order to survive one eviction.

The absolute REFUSAL from Danny to go to the Panic Room was suss as fuck. Considering he's quite clearly trying to tune Adriana, you'd think he'd just go in to be a gentleman and impress her. Either he knew something was coming, or he's just an arrogant dick and not a gentleman at all. In all honesty, I believe it's the latter haha.

I don't think Adriana is single. I don't think Danny is trying to "tune" her at all. I also don't think he's a dick.

So you're suggesting Danny is wrong for suspecting there was an advantage to being last in the panic room, besides less time in there? Which is just good gameplay. Or are you suggesting he was tipped off?

Maybe Danny had been in the panic room before, didn't handle it well and so wanted to be last in it?

Daniel, I don't know if it's because he's created a few videos on YouTube, seems to be thinking how it all looks to the audience. He knows if you're more over the top you're more likely to be shown on television (Mary must have been a massive disappointment for them).

Anyway, Jess only had a real rivalry with Christina. They hated each other.

As if everyone going on Big Brother these days aren't already aware of this. The worst example of Danny playing up was the electric shock challenge.

People wanting to "like" housemates over who is good to watch has always been an issue in BB. At least we don't have to impacting who is voted out in this format.

That was the room they had. They also had that room with one mattress on the floor for a "double fake eviction." Which to me pointed to that being on the fly manipulation.

Maybe being sick saved Danny an eviction, we don't know. If he was in the house, with the nominations challenge result, he'd have been up and could have gone. We don't know though. It's a bit of a stretch to assume he perfectly timed being sick, got it past BB or with collusion with the production. All to avoid a nominations challenge his side wouldn't win. In order to survive one eviction.

I don't think Adriana is single. I don't think Danny is trying to "tune" her at all. I also don't think he's a dick.

So you're suggesting Danny is wrong for suspecting there was an advantage to being last in the panic room, besides less time in there? Which is just good gameplay. Or are you suggesting he was tipped off?

Maybe Danny had been in the panic room before, didn't handle it well and so wanted to be last in it?

As if everyone going on Big Brother these days aren't already aware of this. The worst example of Danny playing up was the electric shock challenge.
again, lovely analyses
However, I have to defend taser Danny (fake) but oh so pee inducing funny
re watched it several times & now I almost (well not really) tolerate Danny...

Some of the housemates clearly aren't aware though.

They're very flirtatious.
Also, Danny is a bit of a dick.

Yes.
And the sentiment appears to be shared by a number of others here also.

They're very flirtatious.
Also, Danny is a bit of a dick.

Yes.
And the sentiment appears to be shared by a number of others here also.
I think we briefly saw Mr Adriana (looked yummy)
Danny is a dick times googleplex
especially since it's something of a microcock LOL

rj90 please explain tune
is it like pedophiles grooming victims?

Back