Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2021 - Episode 19 Discussion (1 June, 7:30pm)

Who is your favourite Young Diva?

• Paulini Curuenavuli

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Kate DeAraugo

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Emily Williams

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Ricki-Lee Coulter

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Jessica Mauboy

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
Looking forward to finding out whose final brain cell died of loneliness :p hahaha
haha Pride is a separate emotion to
brain cells dying
I love that the Forum continues to ask why housemates decide one thing or another
in my mind simple answer
BB contestants are not as bright as people in the Forum
even the dimmest bulb here has more than 2 or 3 sparks in their heads haha

I love a good twist!
Maybe they'll do one one day rather than yet another blatant fix by production, gifting their chosen one a power to save a housemate from eviction that producers had already once pulled off the nomination block themselves due to a convenient issue during a challenge.

TV Tonight have gone in on them and rightly so.

Not sure if it's the same with Australia but we so often get the media calling "FIX" for things which are obviously not, and then turn a blind eye to things that blatantly are. And not just in television too.

Does anyone have an idea of what the bunker will be?
A shit "twist" is probably a safe bet.
Yus! I got it right.
Can the BB producers be anymore obvious in their favouritism of Danny? Who Wins You Decide my ass...
I'm really hoping he doesn't win so that in future seasons people don't try to replicate his extremely boring to watch strategy/way to play the game. Watching the secretive scheming in BBUS is so fun to watch, whereas here everyone is so obvious about what they have planned. Plus everyone is oblivious to what is going on (or the edit is just removing it to try build suspense) and doesn't try to anything to prevent what can be seen coming from a mile away.

I had a quick browse on Facebook. It seems to be VERY pro Danny which worries me.
Casual viewers seem to be turning a blind eye to the blatant leg ups he is receiving.
He's on something for fans...um cameo, Onlyfans or what not
supposedly reveals secrets for a price grrrrrr

Once again, it appears if Danny got the special treatment by happenstance, not by design.

In the previous episode, they could have fudged the, "someone come to the diary room." Really asking for Danny. Yet we don't know.

This one really came off as purely because Danny refused to go into the panic room. So what is the allegation? BB had the box of sweets ready to go and was only going to implement it if Danny was the last one out of the panic room? Or they scrambled when they saw Danny would be last? Changed plans?

The Danny show really could just be that he's less of a pot plant. He's more likely to be in situations to be chosen. He also is more entertaining than most of the housemates. Give Marley the light potato sack, yeah that'd be entertaining... Every time Charlotte is on screen I'm like, "Oh yeah, she's there."

Giving a housemate a "save a nominee" option before a nomination in no way seems as contrived as randomly taking evicted housemates and putting them back in. Changing the rules in the moment.

I also don't buy that Ari's balloon was sabotaged on purpose by the production. Although the choice to not put someone else up was wrong.

I have to admit, I found Jess's dorkiness kind of endearing. She was such a massive dork. I generally think her and Danny rivalry was played up more as a feud than a playful rivalry between people who got along.

Last edited:
Once again, it appears if Danny got the special treatment by happenstance, not by design.

In the previous episode, they could have fudged the, "someone come to the diary room." Really asking for Danny. Yet we don't know.

This one really came off as purely because Danny refused to go into the panic room. So what is the allegation? BB had the box of sweets ready to go and was only going to implement it if Danny was the last one out of the panic room? Or they scrambled when they saw Danny would be last? Changed plans?

The Danny show really could just be that he's less of a pot plant. He's more likely to be in situations to be chosen. He also is entertaining than most of the housemates. Give Marley the light potato sack, yeah that'd be entertaining... Everytime Charlotte is on screen I'm like, "Oh yeah, she's there."

Giving a housemate a "save a nominee" option before a nomination in no way seems as contrived as randomly taking evicted housemates and putting them back in. Changing the rules in the moment.

I also don't buy that Ari's balloon was sabotaged on purpose by the production. Although the choice to not put someone else up was wrong.

I have to admit, I found Jess's dorkiness kind of endearing. She was such a massive dork. I generally think her and Danny rivalry was played up more as a feud than a playful rivalry between people who got along.
Yeah I’m with you here, mostly.

I also just accept that in this BB, he meddles a bit. It’s not a pure strategic skill game. There are twists implemented by Big Brother in ways that may be seen as unfair. It is what it is. Last night, it actually made for an exciting episode.

Personally, I actually really enjoy the fact that our BB has a presence, a personality and a hand in the game. If you don’t like, watch Survivor - SA is starting in a couple of days, less meddling there, similar gameplay otherwise.

I also think there’s an element to this where if you are interesting, you make yourself the centre of the story and then you’re going to get some helping hands from BB. Tim 2013, Angela 2020 and Danny 2021 are great examples of this.

Ultimately though the public do vote in final 3 still. So I would want to be more Tim, less Danny. However I suspect the money isn’t motivating Danny as much as ‘winning’ the game by getting to the end even if he doesn’t end up winning the public vote.

Last edited:
I was thinking the production would have been hoping to keep the Daniel and Jess rivalry for as long as possible so they wouldn't have been too pleased that Daniel was last.

I had a quick browse on Facebook. It seems to be VERY pro Danny which worries me.
Casual viewers seem to be turning a blind eye to the blatant leg ups he is receiving.

Doesn't Facebook usually get these things pretty wrong. Wasn't it very pro-Daniel as well last year - and we all know how that ended.

Quite Interesting.
I’d want to appeal to the public voters at the end to vote not for the ‘nice guy’ but the person who played well, made big moves and provided the most entertainment.
In some ways I think I would prefer a final tribal council with jury as opposed to public vote. There they can plead their case to vote not based on who likes who better, rather who played the better game. Not that this always works, but it does sometimes (David 2020)

I also just accept that in this BB, he meddles a bit. It’s not a pure strategic skill game. There are twists implemented by Big Brother in ways that may be seen as unfair. It is what it is. Last night, it actually made for an exciting episode.

Personally, I actually really enjoy the fact that our BB has a presence, a personality and a hand in the game. If you don’t like, watch Survivor - SA is starting in a couple of days, less meddling there, similar gameplay otherwise.

It works because the players are active in the twist. Having an eviction and then going, "oh surprise it's a double." Then evicting people. Then going, "no you're both safe." Then putting them back in. That's not entertaining. It also seems contrived as it is open to manipulation.

There are multiple ways the twist could have played out.

I am also a bit curious as to what all the advantages Danny has seemingly gotten. Sure, the edit is on him more but what other advantages has he gotten? He got to eat a steak? No one complained about Marley getting chicken previously. The advantage team Jess got over Team Danny a few weeks ago appeared way worse and deliberately manipulation / poor implementation by the production.

It works because the players are active in the twist. Having an eviction and then going, "oh surprise it's a double." Then evicting people. Then going, "no you're both safe." Then putting them back in. That's not entertaining. It also seems contrived as it is open to manipulation.

There are multiple ways the twist could have played out.

I am also a bit curious as to what all the advantages Danny has seemingly gotten. Sure, the edit is on him more but what other advantages has he gotten? He got to eat a steak? No one complained about Marley getting chicken previously. The advantage team Jess got over Team Danny a few weeks ago appeared way worse and deliberately manipulation / poor implementation by the production.
I think some of the kick back comes from the fact that people just don’t really like Danny.
It’s more palatable when it’s a more ‘likeable’ character. People cheered Angela more than they do Danny.

full disclosure: probably why I like it, I like watching Danny play so don’t mind seeing it.

I am also a bit curious as to what all the advantages Danny has seemingly gotten
His sudden onset sickness when he had a real chance of going and getting immunity springs to mind. If someone was genuinely sick, I really doubt that they would give them a mattress on the floor in the roof of the house to sleep on.

The footage we saw of him being sick also seemed quite exaggerated too. Like he was playing up on something extremely minor.

Back