Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2021 - Episode 1 Discussion (26 April) - First 12 housemates

One other thing is pre-recording it means we have no way of knowing if the eviction twist was always planned. Had it been live usually such a twist would be mentioned up front by the host so although a surprise to the housemates as viewers we would have known it was their plan from the start.

Well, I can't see me sitting though this on an evening. I might watch half and watch the other half the next day.
In the old days I'd be sitting waiting for it to start and was glued to it until the last credit rolled by. I can't completely cut the apron strings and let it go.

All I can say after that shitshow is, thank you for this forum. When I can’t wait for the show to finish so I can get on here to read the comments...something is wrong.
The chipper thing was a waste of time, money, stuff and an opportunity.
BB’s voice and attitude is piss weak.

God yes, how pointless was that. I'd have thought they'd at least be some dilemma over what items to keep and what to destroy in order to create a little bit of tension, but it was all just supposedly to show how mean Big Brother is before we cut to Big Brother being all matey with the housemates in the diary room or playing with them by the pool. What was all that about BTW - clearly something added post edit, but would have been far more interesting to see how it occured in reality. Felt like we saw absolutely nothing of the housemates getting to know each other.

I’m like many of you in the disappointed, but expected to be disappointed dept.

Still think there is potential for a scathingest of scathing critiques of the seven show that encapsulates all of the nonsense in some kind of masterpiece.

My takeaways in summarised form:
* too damn long. with an 8-5 job and a kid, getting to bed at 11 is out of the question. If Amelia is publicising this as a “family show” then get a clue!
* In Sav’s article post somewhere in this thread the producers are on some high horse that this revamp is ground breaking and more family friendly, like how wonderful is to have a family friendly , contrived show without real people problems. They believe poolside conversation makes boring tv. Expect clowning around nonsense aimed at kids even though it’s far outside of the times they should be in bed..
* the same outline as last year is almost guaranteed.
* Daniel reminds me very much of someone I know. He doesn’t grind my gears but happy for him pulling that move. All gears out at square 1 mate, nice work! Looked like he was about to faint with anxiety the first night.Tough decisions to make and undoubtedly hurtful to solely be responsible for blowing away some persons dream.
* I can only just tolerate the facade bullshit of the editing style, how long do we have to sit through freaking flashing lights and technical schmoz. Feel like I may be fast forwarding some of the next episode to fit within an hour.
* Guaranteed fast forwarding through the nominations procedure since you only hear the nominations from those that are totally obvious from the edit.
* shredding pieces of metal & plastic and electronics and blowing it out onto the contestants.... realy????? wtf??

Good morning.

I have to admit, I loved that psychotic personalities started revealing themselves within MINUTES of the show starting. If the personalities go early then the show is in trouble, but THANKFULLY it looks like some of the dead weight has already departed.

Loved the premiere! A little long for my liking but overall really nice mix of Ch. 9 BBAU and the new style. We saw some of the HMs personalities within the first few minutes of the show starting and less of them sitting around doing nothing. Love it.

I can't believe they actually shredded any of that shit. The stuff blowing out looked like a mix of woodchips and a bit of fluff, with some red material thinly represented at one point after the football went through. The box it fell off the conveyer belt in was huge. I think crew stood in the box, retrieving items, and that some woodchip furniture and a cushion or two was fed into the actual shredder.

Anyway, platypus skit and shredder nonsense aside, no Keiren! And a satisfying first eviction of a type who usually swans around for the entire season and often wins. So I was pleased with that ep.

I can't believe they actually shredded any of that shit. The stuff blowing out looked like a mix of woodchips and a bit of fluff, with some red material thinly represented at one point after the football went through. The box it fell off the conveyer belt in was huge. I think crew stood in the box, retrieving items, and that some woodchip furniture and a cushion or two was fed into the actual shredder.

Anyway, platypus skit and shredder nonsense aside, no Keiren! And a satisfying first eviction of a type who usually swans around for the entire season and often wins. So I was pleased with that ep.
Yes I also think those items were surely diverted unless production is dumb af. But still the premise is really bizarre, in the frame of a family friendly show.

One other thing is pre-recording it means we have no way of knowing if the eviction twist was always planned. Had it been live usually such a twist would be mentioned up front by the host so although a surprise to the housemates as viewers we would have known it was their plan from the start.

Yeah, it didn't feel that well thought out.

The other thing dislike with the editing is when it's done dishonestly.
The smoke effect coming from the couch, didn't actually happen with Dan & Nick were in the room.
And the other one was when Dan & Nick where getting into through the secret couch doorway, they edited in a housemate getting up and walking checking the room. When it probably happened at a different time. They did it last year when had a new housemates sneak into the other bedroom, and edited in a original housemate getting up.

Last edited:
The ratings are in:

Big Brother Arrival - 664,000
Big Brother - 662,000
Big Brother Eviction - 650,000

Quite a bit down on last year:

Big Brother Arrival - 853,000
Big Brother - 866,000
Big Brother Eviction - 930,000

The ratings are in:

Big Brother - 662,000

Big Brother - 866,000
I would think Seven would be happy with those numbers, despite the dip.

Hopefully Covid prevents any guest appearances but I wouldn't be surprised if Keiren ends up guesting on this for some kind of driving challenge and Angie pops in for a cup of tea.
Or a KFC eating challenge 😖

Actually Kieran showing up is a distinct possibility since he posted on instagram his presence outside the house!

Looking back, the edit with Sonia focusing on potential chemistry in the house between Christina and Max was probably a clue that Max was going to go. Though I thought it was funny when Christina kept going on about friends when Sonia asked her about potential romantic connection with Max. I mean it was most likely true, but I found it amusing how she kept repeating that point, obviously afraid of being seen as a potential duo with Max and therefore a threat.

I do wonder how the votes would have gone if it was everyone voting. Would Max have still gone home?

As much as I don't like Daniel I still think he made the right decision. When you join the game you can't really expect that nobody will leave on the first night so I don't know why people are angry that someone left on the 3rd or 4th day, I'd be pissed if it was me but again you have to expect that you could be evicted at any time.

As much as I don't like Daniel I still think he made the right decision. When you join the game you can't really expect that nobody will leave on the first night so I don't know why people are angry that someone left on the 3rd or 4th day, I'd be pissed if it was me but again you have to expect that you could be evicted at any time.
It's a bit unfair because there are still eight HMs yet to arrive and you've been booted before anyone even got to judge them. Daniel definitely made the right call. The comps in the show favour the fit/athletic so you'd be silly not to take out a big strapping lad at the first opportunity.

The ratings are in:

Big Brother - 662,000

Big Brother - 866,000
Ooft.. not good.

Back