Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 9 Discussion (23 June)

Was Garths eviction last night a result of homophobia?

• Yes, Of course it was in a house full of straight people.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • No, Everyone had an equal chance including Garth.

Votes: 75 87.2%
  • Hmm, It was a mix of homophobia and other things.

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s my favourite.
Ditto, he is a sweetie, he does his own thing.....ie he loves Angie and never votes for her
He gets big bonus points for not being ruled by the boys club
And he is 2 nd gen BB fan ....
Mat is very disappointing he seemed ok .on that quiz show
He is not appealing to anyone is he?
He seems quite nasty and boring
These HMs in general seem quite dumb

Ditto, he is a sweetie, he does his own thing.....ie he loves Angie and never votes for her
He gets big bonus points for not being ruled by the boys club
And he is 2 nd gen BB fan ....
Mat is very disappointing he seemed ok .on that quiz show
He is not appealing to anyone is he?
He seems quite nasty and boring
These HMs in general seem quite dumb
Yeah I noticed that he really seems to like Angela. That's why I think Sophies got no chance lol

Does anyone know if Xavier is gay? 🤞
He is soooo hot! but doesn't seem to have much in the way of intelligence or personality unfortunately.

...why she stepped out of the relatively safe environment of her Instagram world to test the waters in, of all places the BB House, nobody really knows.
Some say… that she confused the Insta-bubble with an Amish community and decided to embark on Rumspringa, her rite of passage.
Some say… that due to an error in the cognitive chip which had been implanted during her assembly in Insta-World, she mistook the BB House for a film studio…
...all we know is she’s called ‘Sophie’.

Sophie was overjoyed when she met Chad, another product of the Insta-World. She thought she could relate and Chad had all those lovely pictures all over his torso and best of all, there was not a single word printed on his outer skin… poor Sophie had always had problems with reading anyway.

Alas, the other day – DISASTER!

“I don’t want to look human” - she blurted out while applying yet another layer of her daytime warpaint in front of the communal bathroom mirror.
For us observers this was an omen for worse to come… and it did.

When HAL 9000 – aka ‘Big Brother’ called Sophie into the maintenance capsule aka ‘Diary Room’, she got a big surprise when she was told that Big Brother aka ‘HAL’ does not joke.
What precisely went on in the space between Sophie's ears at that moment we will never know.
What we do know and have witnessed is her repeated, desperate plea that: “This isn’t fair!!”

...it seems Instagram-World isn’t perfect after all. Nobody there had told Sophie that the outside world, the world many of us consider to be the real world, just is NOT fair, nor is life in the real world.

Doesn't look it from this angle... Very interesting indeed :unsure:

Well spotted to whoever picked this up though!... I have reviewed the extended clip votes and she at no time appears anywhere at tribal council, not even a leg dangling offscreen or something. I assume her position was in that green chair and she had to beeline. We don't see her speak either, but she is listed in the official Big Brother twitter feed as having voted for Zoe.

It is one of those endearing, unanswerable questions that will remain a mystery!

...it seems Instagram-World isn’t perfect after all. Nobody there had told Sophie that the outside world, the world many of us consider to be the real world, just is NOT fair, nor is life in the real world.

That’s a bit harsh isn’t it? Sophie qualified to represent Australia at the 2012 London Olympics - that’s something so many athletes can only dream of - but her dream was dashed when she suffered a series of stress fractures in her back and her gymnastics career came to a sudden and devastating halt for her. So yeah, pretty sure Sophie understands very, very well that sometimes life in the real world just isn’t fair.

That’s a bit harsh isn’t it? Sophie qualified to represent Australia at the 2012 London Olympics - that’s something so many athletes can only dream of - but her dream was dashed when she suffered a series of stress fractures in her back and her gymnastics career came to a sudden and devastating halt for her. So yeah, pretty sure Sophie understands very, very well that sometimes life in the real world just isn’t fair.
My observations are based solely on the contestants' behaviour as shown on Big Brother Channel 7. Who individuals were or pretend to have been is of no concern to me.
I watch BB in order to get a glimpse into the psyche of the Housemates, whether they think they are out of the camera's reach or are acting for the camera. This was actually the original premise of this 'social experiment'.
I refrain from placing bets and indulging in frenzied social media. Rumours abound in every season and 'life is too short' - as they say.

We hear what we want to hear - we see what we want to see.

...anyway, thank you for your insights mia and I truly hope my excursion into the land of fantasy and 'what could be' haven't rattled your sense of humour too much. :) 😇

Last edited:
...anyway, thank you for your insights mia and I truly hope my excursion into the land of fantasy and 'what could be' haven't rattled your sense of humour too much. :) 😇

Oh my sense of humour isn’t rattled at all :thumbsup: I’m not giving attitude, just giving the facts.

Considering BB has evolved into Survivor for Couch Potatoes (ie. open strategy/nom talk, challenges for immunity, etc, but with food and creature comforts and not the same level of physical and psychological challenges), it is ridicuous that any of the ex-HMs take the "I didn't lie or back-stab, I was just there to have fun" position as a reason why they were more deserving than other HMs. And it's completely disingenuous to say you were only there for the fun as though the prize money and/or hopes of a successful media career didn't factor into it.

Why do the always pick hot dumb as dog shit guys for big brother? They are always both hot and dumb or just physically ugly.
This year Chad, Daniel and Xavier are all hot and I'd happily swallow their cum but they are all so dumb! The only one that really has anything more going for him is Chad because he seems so kind and sweet.

Well spotted to whoever picked this up though!... I have reviewed the extended clip votes and she at no time appears anywhere at tribal council, not even a leg dangling offscreen or something. I assume her position was in that green chair and she had to beeline. We don't see her speak either, but she is listed in the official Big Brother twitter feed as having voted for Zoe.

It is one of those endearing, unanswerable questions that will remain a mystery!
Do we reckon BB locked her in the toilet and voted on her behalf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back