Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 7 Discussion (21 June)

Should Angela have been saved from certain eviction last episode?

• Yes, She is awesome.

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • No, This was rigged.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Hmm, It might all turn out okay after all.

Votes: 14 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to see Ian go, he was on the next tier of potentially interesting housemates who hadn't shone yet (the only one?).
The reasons given for putting him up were feeble and would never have been accepted in the old series.
What's the bet that if it had been Kieran evicted, he'd have joined Angela in the bunker immediately.

If anything it should gain her more, as the only one who is actually playing it as a GAME and having a laugh.
Others (like Daniel) are playing strategically, but with zero fun.

Daniel is having fun though? He's got a dry sense of humour, unlike Angela's obvious schtick.

Daniel is having fun though? He's got a dry sense of humour, unlike Angela's obvious schtick.

I'm sure Daniel is having fun, as long as he isn't in danger and has some influence over the group, but that isn't what I meant.
I don't mean 'Daniel isn't playing the game', I mean he isn't playing the whole show as a fun game in the way Angela is (what you call her 'obvious schtick'). Daniel seems to be playing it as a strategic sports game where you have to have the best team and winning is of life or death importance, whereas Angela seems to be playing it just for the sheer hell of it.
I say 'seems' as obviously no one knows what they are really thinking, but give me Angela's take any day.

I'm sure Daniel is having fun, as long as he isn't in danger and has some influence over the group, but that isn't what I meant.
I don't mean 'Daniel isn't playing the game', I mean he isn't playing the whole show as a fun game in the way Angela is (what you call her 'obvious schtick'). Daniel seems to be playing it as a strategic sports game where you have to have the best team and winning is of life or death importance, whereas Angela seems to be playing it just for the sheer hell of it.
I say 'seems' as obviously no one knows what they are really thinking, but give me Angela's take any day.

Dan is probably having fun too, but that's not the story the editors want to tell.

Matt finally got an introductory package tonight. Being originally from Broken Hill myself, I recognised most of the landmarks.
I felt they sold him as a bit of a simple country bumpkin, very much playing up to the stereotype of what Broken Hill people are like.
Maybe I'm just overly sensitive to that, did anyone else notice?

Good point. Also this angled glass is not 100% perfect at hiding where the cameras are stationed on the other side. For instance, the living area:
View attachment 55598
(N.B. This screenshot has been brightened to make the cameras easier for you to spot. I casually noticed a camera like reflection on the original image but after brightening it up ready to share I then noticed camera reflection #2)

Are you sure that isnt just the cameras hiding behind the 1 way mirrors? I have viewed 1 way mirrors before and you can almost always just spy what is behind them if you look hard enough or if the lights are bright enough.

Are you sure that isnt just the cameras hiding behind the 1 way mirrors
Oh they definitely are stationed on the other side of the the glass. I've reworded my post to clarify this a bit better.

I have viewed 1 way mirrors before and you can almost always just spy what is behind them if you look hard enough
But that's the point, I wasn't looking very hard or in fact at all for any cameras on the other side. I couldn't avoid seeing them, haha.

Oh they definitely are stationed on the other side of the the glass. I've reworded my post to clarify this a bit better.

But that's the point, I wasn't looking very hard or in fact at all for any cameras on the other side. I couldn't avoid seeing them, haha.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back