Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 7 Discussion (21 June)

Should Angela have been saved from certain eviction last episode?

• Yes, She is awesome.

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • No, This was rigged.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Hmm, It might all turn out okay after all.

Votes: 14 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure most punters these days care as much as this forum cares about producers having a hand in it. It’s par for the course with RTV these days. IMO it was a very entertaining episode.

Most people on Facebook seem to have liked that the game playing has finally begun and that Dans group has weakened. There are of course those crying that the game is rigged and that they are sad that Ian is gone. But there is not that much backlash towards Angela as I was expecting.

Bleachy_dude wrote:
Thought Garth was the wrong choice for Angela to bring in, but it played out perfectly.
Funny you say that. I thought Garth would be her best choice. Marissa wouldn’t have been a good choice, she is waaaay on the outer. Interested who you think she should have picked?

Last edited:
I'm both happy that she was saved and aware that it was overtly rigged. The game is finally kicking in.

Fact is that most contestant reality shows have twists loaded for when they need to protect their best assets and/or inject some energy into a slump. Even OG BB did it. If you ever get the chance to read a production bible for one of these formats, your mind would be blown.

Funny you say that. I thought Garth would be her best choice. Marissa wouldn’t have been a good choice, she is waaaay on the outer. Interested who you think she should have picked?
How the hell! Sorry quoting mixup on phone... T’was bleachy dude.

To be honest, when she was deciding... I said to my housemate that I didn’t think there was anyone she could bring in who would actually change anything. I think I probably overestimated the power of the cool kids clique and didn’t realise there was already blood in the water.
I thought Garth might not actually do Angela’s bidding.

Zoe's got a pretty bad edit. Wouldn't be suprised if they try and make her the new villain
It looks to me that she already has a villainous edit. She kicked the Green Room drama into full swing, but managed to avoid responsibility. Overrides Sarah’s decision making, and in general doesn’t come across as having much of a strategy, except for wanting annoying people to disappear. The perfect fit for a viewer villain in BB.

Yeah I’m pretty certain this forum doesn’t actually represent even the majority of viewers these days. No slight on us, most of us are the die hards (I cant help my optimistic outlook haha)

The other day I pulled over to let my dog go to the bathroom at a park and there were three council men. I overheard them chatting about the fears tasks and how hilarious it was that the “big AFL dude was scared of pigeons’. Maybe it’s prejudice of me, but not the type of people I would have thought would EVER watch or be chatting about BB at work the next day.
This format is pulling in new fans. And I’m here for it.

Well said. I have a conservative liberal voting supermarket working friend who told me he stopped watching BB at the end of 2005 as it was getting boring but he has decided to start watching BB again in 2020 and now he is loving it. I also have a progressive greens voting disability working friend who told me that all of the girls at her work are constantly talking about BB 2020 and how good Angela is. Furthermore, the vast majority of people on the BB Facebook page who are commenting about the change in format are saying how much they are loving the fast pace of action and how much better it is compared to the older slow format as seen on the other channels.

Even though I like visually how they [the camera runs with glass angled] look better, it’s another tactic they could have used to hide the fact the producers were in the house with them.

Good point. Also this angled glass is not 100% perfect at hiding where the cameras are stationed on the other side inside the camera runs. For instance, the living area:
bbau7-house-2020-living-cameras-visible-behind-angled-mirror.jpg
(N.B. This screenshot has been brightened to make the cameras easier for you to spot. I casually noticed a camera like shape through the glass on the original image but after brightening it up ready to share I then noticed a second further to the right of it)

Edit: and here's a closer up view:
bbau7-house-2020-living-cameras-visible-behind-angled-mirror-closer-view.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back