Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 2 Discussion (9 June) - Four new housemates enter

Are you Enjoying Big Brother Australia 2020 so far?

• Yes, It is Amazing.

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • No, It is Rubbish.

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Maybe, It is Mixed.

Votes: 58 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised by how well the casting has played out. There's alot of good characters in there imo.

Ian's Instagram page has him hanging out with people, so I'm not sure how much I'm believing this lack of social skills narrative.

I struggle with social anxiety and just because someone lacks social skills doesn’t mean they’re always alone or don’t have friends. My IG is mostly selfies but I there are several pics that you’d never been able to tell that I struggle in social situations. I also worked a job where I was constantly around new people... So what’s happening internally doesn’t always reflect on the outside.

What a sad ice block task that was? Like watching ice melt - really BB???? STOP THAT MUSIC/MUSAC

I have been watching since season 1 and I was $# years old ..I was hooked from the beginning and would watch the live feeds as much as I could (especially late at night)..Wooooo hooooo those were the days :)

Did I just wander into a Grunder app half way through this thread??:cool:

So many naked chests and stuff :)

Talia tonight

29387462-8400963-image-a-67_1591667908760.jpg

..I was 6 in 2008...
...I was in grade 1 in 2008...
...since grade 5...
You guys are all so young!
..I was in Grade 5...
I was in 3rd year uni...
I was 11..,
...My birthday is ..., 2001...
I was in year 7...
...i was born in 87...
...I was also in grade 5...
...I was in Year 11
‘88 here...
I was 8...
I know right. I feel like there are only a few on these forums who watched the show since it began like me.
I was turning 33 shortly after season 1 began - almost ashamed to say now. :shamefully: :wideyed:

Okay, I rewatched again so I could focus properly and I’ve got to admit... and don’t judge me... but I think this was actually a pretty solid episode. As we all agree, I’d obviously love to see more of the general / personable interactions of each HM, but watching this again as a single concentrated ep (and taking it for the show that it is) the narrative and pacing of each “section” tonight was quite strong. While I don’t agree with The Kieran Show storyline, we are gradually seeing certain characters being fleshed out (Angela in particular got a very good edit tonight, with a range of emotion and sides to her shown). Of-course there’s still people who we’ve barely seen for two seconds which I find unfair, but then again I guess it’s a little hard with so many people at this stage in the show.

I’m not entirely well-versed in the US structure, but ideally I think if we had the challenge/nominations/eviction cycle every second episode only, with time in between to allow breathing space and typical day-to-day drama and conversation, then overall this new format could actually be pretty perfect.

Oh and also, even pre-recorded, tonight proved Sonia still can’t present naturally. She could barely change the tone of her voice so that it wasn’t plainly obvious she was being told what to ask the HMs, word-for-word. 🙄

Not been able to watch the episode yet but read through this thread and good to see you can all see through any manipulation on the producers part. Also great reading your memories of earlier series.

nfair, but then again I guess it’s a little hard with so many people at this stage in the show.

I’m not entirely well-versed in the US structure, but ideally I think if we had the challenge/nominations/eviction cycle every second episode only, with time in between to allow breathing space and typical day-to-day drama and conversation, then overall this new format could actually be pretty perfect.
The US is a three episode cycle with an extra Veto challenge (to save a nominee) in the middle episode, but agree - it makes no sense they're packing these into single episodes, even if they are 1 hr 50 minutes, especially at a time of a global pandemic when episodes of new television are drying up. They could easily split them across two, with the first ending on the nomination challenge and the second being the nominations and eviction. Would give them more time to air both day to day chats and strategic discussion because at the moment they seem to be failing on both fronts.

And even though it's pre-recorded months in advance I think they could still make some blocks of "live" action available to viewers on 7Plus at least - just an hour or so of "live feed" in between each show to give viewers a more direct look into the house. That's where BBUSA and BB Canada get away with focusing more on strategy in the pre-recorded episodes - they've still got the 24/7 live feeds (with an overnight 2-3 hour window on TV) to fill in the gaps.

I caught up on last nights ep and I’m loving it!

I quite like the American version, so I’m enjoying the housemates being able to openly strategise and discuss nominations.

I have not caught up on the first ep yet, I plan to do that today so I’m not getting the Kieran hate. Based on last nights ep I felt quite sorry for him and I was glad he didn’t go.

The contestants seem lovely and diverse. If I had to pick a favourite it would be Angela. I swear I work with a girl just like her.

It‘s so nice to see the forum once again bursting with excitement!

I caught up on last nights ep and I’m loving it!

I quite like the American version, so I’m enjoying the housemates being able to openly strategise and discuss nominations.

I have not caught up on the first ep yet, I plan to do that today so I’m not getting the Kieran hate. Based on last nights ep I felt quite sorry for him and I was glad he didn’t go.

The contestants seem lovely and diverse. If I had to pick a favourite it would be Angela. I swear I work with a girl just like her.

It‘s so nice to see the forum once again bursting with excitement!

i don't get the hate either. He's just a socially awkward 21 year old (yes, that young) trying in his own way to fit in and win his favourite show. Good for him.

I hate how far behind I am in terms of watching... The show airs in Australia in the middle of the night and I can't be bothered to wake up early enough to watch before I start work in the morning so I'm stuck waiting until after. It pretty much guarantees I've spoiled something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back