Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 12 Discussion (30 June)

Are you happy that Angela has now been fully evicted from the Big Brother house?

• Yes, This is her second eviction.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • No, The queen should reign forever.

Votes: 50 60.2%
  • Hmm, My thoughts are mixed.

Votes: 13 15.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not a fan favourite. Most people on social media hate him, Mat and Xavier.
Interesting sav. Gave me pause to think. In past comparisons. The obvious ad campaign of social media now as opposed to the past.
Social media now can only dilute, obviate or outrightly torpedo some contestants.
The natural organic voting is a thing of the past. Its advertising. Not that fussed but any winners now have that asterix of not being truly worthy from genuine public opinion without prejudice.
Dunno.
Just drunkenly musing

Last edited:
I've never struggled to root for someone on an RTV show but this final 10 was so shit. I think partially due to the casting, partially due to the editing. Had hm's such as Marissa and Sarah gotten more air time, I think they could've had a strong fan base by now.

I think Marissa has had a reasonable amount of air time so far, although maybe a sizeable amount of that is from her association with Angela. I'm not sure.

I think Marissa has had a reasonable amount of air time so far, although maybe a sizeable amount of that is from her association with Angela. I'm not sure.
Yep, had she not been aligned with angela, no one would even know her name... Oh well apart from the people who followed her in the 80’s..

Last edited:
Yep, I reckon had she not been aligned with angela, no one would even know her name... Oh well apart from the people who followed her in the 80’s or whenever..

At this point I also think she's survived the most evictions from any of the final 10. She's been nominated four times.

Was it just me or did we not get a Day count in tonight's episode?

I bet once COVID hits the days are either "forgotten" or faked.
First words said was by Gretel and it being Day 26 … then Big Brother also said Day 26 when ta;lking about Dan and Anna … first 3 minutes I heard it at least 3 times

He is not a fan favourite. Most people on social media hate him, Mat and Xavier.

That is reassuring. I don't follow Big Brother anywhere other than here, so i had a notion that the 'Alpha' group might somehow be seen as cool by younger viewers.

Hannah must have been watching a different show. Why would she go and confide in Insta-girl Sophie?

Kieran and Sarah now firmly held captive in Boganville. They missed the window. They have no way to move. They and Marissa have become collateral damage contestants.

What's with the big dude Daniel bawling his eyes out on national TV over a girl who dumped him? Grow a pair you big pussy.
If I mentioned all the other cringe worthy stuff that went on in this most recent episode, I'd be sitting here all day.

I think they do perceive themselves as such.
But its a fail at the grand court of coolness judgement.
(im just the secretary recording minutes of said court. Im not permitted to actually vote)

Daniel comes across as very self deprecating.

Hannah on Sunrise saying Marisa deserves to win. It's funny how differently they see it from the inside.
I think Marissa does deserve to win, but am not holding my breath. She's been at a disadvantage from day one in being the oldest woman by a country mile. She's been put up for eviction more times than anyone else left in the house. She was Ang's number one allie and friend in the house so is obviously not a dickhead, and seems smart and reasonable, capable of critical thought, and she made the correct assessment on that stupid bro deal that brought Angela undone. She's showed real kindness to others; I appreciated those heartfelt words of consolation to Hannah on her eviction. She really pushes herself in challenges and holds up against hideous men half her age who are allegedly athletes, etc. She's the true Survivor of this year's badly edited Survivor in a Box. But without reading any spoilers, I think one can safely assume it will be a hideous male who wins.

I think Marissa does deserve to win, but am not holding my breath. She's been at a disadvantage from day one in being the oldest woman by a country mile. She's been put up for eviction more times than anyone else left in the house. She was Ang's number one allie and friend in the house so is obviously not a dickhead, and seems smart and reasonable, capable of critical thought, and she made the correct assessment on that stupid bro deal that brought Angela undone. She's showed real kindness to others; I appreciated those heartfelt words of consolation to Hannah on her eviction. She really pushes herself in challenges and holds up against hideous men half her age who are allegedly athletes, etc. She's the true Survivor of this year's badly edited Survivor in a Box. But without reading any spoilers, I think one can safely assume it will be a hideous male who wins.

Marissa is a mere pawn to the sheer brilliance of the Alpha alliance!

Hooray for the Alpha alliance!

I don't disagree with any of this and I quite like her as a person, I just find personally that she hasn't brought any entertainment value to the show.
Not that any of the other remaining housemates have either.

I don't disagree with any of this and I quite like her as a person, I just find personally that she hasn't brought any entertainment value to the show.
Not that any of the other remaining housemates have either.

Yeah, but how would we know! The edit focused almost exclusively on Keiran initially. Then thank god Angelicious took centre stage. Now it's back to Keiran, more than anyone else. And of course we need important 'moving' footage of Daniel getting a zoom call from his girlfriend, and then there has needed to be lots of alpha males throwing their weight around stuff. We hardly know the rest. I think Seven imagined we all watched their channel and had seen the housemates in those packages. I don't watch Seven unless it's good British drama. Found out all about Zoe after she left, by playing something I'd taped ages ago, eg. I would actually have liked to get to know all of the housemates current and evicted, but that is too much to ask, unless it's the day of their eviction and lo! there they are in the edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back