Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 1 Discussion (8 June) - First 12 housemates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to watch my recorded version after Masterchef. Hopefully I'm not repeating others?
  1. The night vision seems to have improved SUBSTANTIALLY!
  2. I didn't see enough promos to see who the first batch in were, so am unclear about how the personalities are going to impact on the house dynamics moving forward
  3. Kieran had a pretty good edit and came across as a bit overly keen/needy but that mainly stood out after the noms
  4. The fist challenge was always going to go to somebody with a reasonable level of athelitisicm, ie not Ian Kieran, and several others
    1. Which had me surprised the footy player didn't win or even get close?
  5. The whole "debate" about the ownership of the house between Angela and BB suggested to me some players may not realise what the have gotten themselves into.

I also feel the first episode was a bit rushed, but in future we won’t have the “introductions” part so hopefully that means it won’t feel so rushed. When I go back and watch previous seasons of BB or BB in other countries I do find myself “fast forwarding” to noms and evictions, so can understand why they did it with our changing viewing habits.
Overall, really enjoyed it, but I:
1. Miss the opening theme
2. Think we needed to see more social interactions as housemates meet and get to know each other over the first few days - perhaps 7 could have released more clips online to fill the gaps here.
3. Missed some kind of narration (which was filled with too much background music)
4. Thought the challenge would’ve involved Sonia to make it feel more of an event. But maybe it wouldve felt awkward with her there without an audience.
5. Didn’t get that sense of “event tv” - but not sure how that’s created without a live audience.
6. would still like to hear “it’s time to go.......” and big brother doing a countdown.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m really excited and enjoyed the first episode but there were just a few things missing for me. Maybe a non-hardcore BB fan won’t care so much.

1. Those steps: Where was the wheelchair accessibility?
2. Keiran mission: Waste of air time.
3. The secret door: You mean the first one you see when you enter the house? Why did you even put it inside the house?
4. Lots of misdirection to hide the lopsided result.
5. Was Kieran really that nervous?
My friend and I were commenting on similar things.
Anyone with a disability would have been unable to participate! Those challenges are only for people with at least mild physical strength and able bodied.

The misdirection also worked quite well in my opinion. Made the episode suspenseful with a better pay off.
Wish Kieren left tho. So annoying

Someone is a bit salty
They were all pretty fake, a lot of fake attitude and personality in the house,” Coriakula told 7NEWS.com.au following the vote.
And
It was completely fake, I didn’t buy it at all,” said Laura.

“She’s the perfect example of someone who doesn’t know how to own the responsibilities. She put me up for nomination, just own it.”

“I would’ve preferred if she had been like, ‘Yeah, I put you up.’ Just be real, instead of going around crying and making it a drama

Kieren and his secret tasks...........I found so annoying I gave up, switched to more interesting doco
Came back for eviction.....all together, dull
Will check out the challenge probably
So far..... I would prefer slow tv

Morning after thoughts:

If they continue to show eviction votes heavy cut up like they did in episode 1, we will never know if an eviction is true, or the producers just made up the numbers.

Morning after thoughts:

If they continue to show eviction votes heavy cut up like they did in episode 1, we will never know if an eviction is true, or the producers just made up the numbers.
Given that the housemates can talk about their votes, they would pretty quickly realise if the numbers didn’t add up.

... but yeah, I think they should put the votes up on 7plus.

Morning after thoughts:

7Plus have that covered thankfully.

For those wanting a quick summary:

Laura - votes Kieren
Zoey - votes Kieren
Allan - votes Zoe
Marissa - votes Zoe
Kieren - votes Zoe
Angela - votes Laura
Daniel - votes Laura
Casey - votes Laura
Matt - votes Laura
Xavier - votes Laura
Ian - votes Laura

Gross... I expected more from you.
Haha! Well, admittedly I only tuned in for the two reunion interviews with ex-HMs. But I did skim their recap of last night’s episode and the overwhelming exponential praise for it was nothing short of delusional.

What a crock.

On another note. They've put DRM on all their BB content, which is making it very difficult for me to archive some of these videos. 😒 Haven't had this issue with other shows.
I kind of want to save it too. Please lemme find out if you come across a solution. Wish I had some of the older stuff.
omg I have to update the damn thing every day with a new X, bane of my existence!!!!!!!
Isn't it like 3 days a week? I do like the banner though, I was trying to figure out how they did an eviction every day for 7 weeks with 20 hm's.

I tried to watch this last night. Three days compressed into one episode, plus an eviction? Too much for this viewer.

What the hell is Channel 7 doing producing this show?

I tried to watch this last night. Three days compressed into one episode, plus an eviction? Too much for this viewer.

What the hell is Channel 7 doing producing this show?
I think you’ve got to let go of your expectations based on previous seasons.
I don’t watch MAFS but I gather you don’t get an episode for every day they are together, survivor is usually a 3 day cycle per episode.
we aren’t going to get as much of the lazing around social aspect as we have in the past. So perhaps that’s not for some, but I hope it can find a new audience. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back