Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 1 Discussion (8 June) - First 12 housemates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched the episode a couple times now and I think where the edit becomes most glaringly obvious is when the HMs say something about another which completely contradicts what we've seen or doesn't make sense to us as viewers. Clearly a lot of content is going to be cut out, that's an inevitability, but at least keep the narrative consistent.

One, among several, include Talia's "I don't think he likes me" regarding Daniel - when all the footage they played alongside these clips kind of made it look like they were just flirting with each other. It didn't really make sense. Similarly, the contextual set-up behind Zoe being nominated.

There was a few other instances where the contrast in scenes shown didn't exactly align with HM dialogue, but I can't recall them right now. There just needs to be a more streamlined edit.

I enjoyed it for what it was but the whole nominations/voting part was pretty insulting to viewers, especially those of us who have tuned into the US and Canadian format. I thought the edit which forced viewers into thinking Kieran was a lock to go, just for him to be the nominee with the least votes was really weird. There was also little to no gaming or strategic reasoning behind the votes (from what was shown), no talk of alliances or working together and the absence of a veto power means the potential for a replacement nominee or a backdoor is non-existent.

I'll be tuning in, but I think there's some really obvious improvements to be made which is what I'm hopeful for. The only concern I have is now with the season wrapping up, will all the episodes be edited/produced in the same vein, or will the show listen to the feedback and make some production/editing changes to the future episodes as the season rolls on?

Closing this thread in 5 minutes, but you can continue the conversation in Episode 2 thread:

The only concern I have is now with the season wrapping up, will all the episodes be edited/produced in the same vein, or will the show listen to the feedback and make some production/editing changes to the future episodes as the season rolls on?
Hopefully the latter.

One good thing about Nine was they did occasionally take viewer feedback on-board and made amendments to the show accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back