Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 1 Discussion (8 June) - First 12 housemates

Status
Not open for further replies.

the Theorist

Over-thinker. Over-analyser. Over-complainer.
Awesome site donor
Well, well! It’s been almost 20 years and here we are again. We loved it on Ten, we rolled with it on Nine, now let’s see what Seven has in line...

The game has changed. A new era has arrived.
Let’s do it!

Be interesting to see who is going to align with who in the house. I hope it won't be one alliance dominating all the way through but there will be plenty of shifting allegiances and blindsides.

I also wonder why in this version the head of household has to put three names up for nominations when in America they only have to put up two names. How will that affect the tactics of the game?

I also wonder why in this version the head of household has to put three names up for nominations when in America they only have to put up two names. How will that affect the tactics of the game?
Probably to allow for some randomness. BBUSA is always boring when it's clear from the get-go which houseguest is to be evicted because the other one is more favoured. At least with three, if one is favoured there isn't an obvious conclusion that you're just waiting around for completely bored while it all unfolds just like you predicted.

Be interesting to see who is going to align with who in the house. I hope it won't be one alliance dominating all the way through but there will be plenty of shifting allegiances and blindsides.

I think their decision to make HOH nominate 3 people could affect the game badly, i'm really curious to see how it will play out tonight, cause who'd want to nominate THREE people on "day 1", i think alot of people would be avoiding it. I just hope people won't be avoiding it too much later on in the game.

I think their decision to make HOH nominate 3 people could affect the game badly, i'm really curious to see how it will play out tonight, cause who'd want to nominate THREE people on "day 1", i think alot of people would be avoiding it. I just hope people won't be avoiding it too much later on in the game.

I guess you would be avoiding becoming the hoh first because of that pressure of being the first to nominate three people. Let another person take the responsibility of that while you work on building relationships.

Do we know who the first 12 who go in are?

First Episode:
Angela, Ian, Zoe, Marissa, Allan, Talia, Daniel, Kieran, Xavier, Laura, Casey, Mat.

101830558_271846000889174_7647618983747888280_o.jpg

Second Episode - at night:
Chad, Garth, Sarah, Sophie

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 3.07.25 pm.jpg

Third Episode - via Cage
Danni, Soobong, Shane, Hannah

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 3.11.55 pm.jpg

Their entrance outfits match their promo outfits.

I think Xavier will be the one to go tonight. His IG is on private and wasn't on Sunrise this morning. Also you haven't really seen him in any of the promos.

Last edited:
I think Xavier will be the one to go tonight. His IG is on private and wasn't on Sunrise this morning. Also you haven't really seen him in any of the promos.
This is exactly my theory too.

My guess of Talia being the other possible evictee is something I noticed in her interview with Sam Mac and the other HMs this morning. She was the only HM who didn't really give a proper answer to his question and she made a quipped joke out of it instead. I also observed she seemed a little distracted when the others were talking about events in the house.

All the other HMs seemed to know or were able to talk enough about all the others. So I'll be surprised if it isn't either Xavier or Talia.

This is exactly my theory too.

My guess of Talia being the other possible evictee is something I noticed in her interview with Sam Mac and the other HMs this morning. She was the only HM who didn't really give a proper answer to his question and she made a quipped joke out of it instead. I also observed she seemed a little distracted when the others were talking about events in the house.

All the other HMs seemed to know or were able to talk enough about all the others. So I'll be surprised if it isn't either Xavier or Talia.
I don't think it's talia cause there's been alot of snippets of her in the promos and she was crying at one of the nomination ceremonies, and I don't think she'd cry on night 1. so probably xavier

Aside from the game aspect, does anyone have any expectations about the social dynamic?

Will age be a variable in the friendships that form?

Will there be a divide between the younger housemates and the older ones?

Will the social dynamic eventually impact the gameplay?

These are things I am curious about. I hope the show portrays a balance between gameplay and the social side of the experience.

Considering they are all playing for money I'm not sure how real the friendships will be on the show. But I suppose the older housemates might have trouble fitting in with the younger ones. And the sporty alpha male types will try to be the leader of the house when most likely a woman will be running the show in the background.

Well, well! It’s been almost 20 years and here we are again. We loved it on Ten, we rolled with it on Nine, now let’s see what Seven has in line...

Where is Talent Spanner or whoever it was to complain about not being the one to start the show thread? LOL.

Honestly I go back and forth with my attitude towards the non-live-ness of the new series, but I can't wait to spend the next [insert number] weeks shit-posting. Kieran to lose, and in the absence of Madonna (for the time being) I am channeling her to nominate Angela as our new goddess.

THE ANGELAIC ONE IS THE NEW PROPHET.

It says there that Kieran has about 20,000 subscribers to his YouTube channel. Is that a lot? Because I was wondering if I'm Kieran and I'm introducing myself do I make mention of that or do I just keep quiet. Because the others might want to cut Kieran before he gets to the final two if they find out about his potential support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back