Skip to main content

BB2021 Filming

I know y'all hate them but anyway

TV Blackbox has learned the cast and crew of the 2021 season of Big Brother, which is currently filming at The Barracks on Sydney’s north, have been evacuated due to a shrub fire.

Sources tell TV Blackbox backburning broke containment lines at approx 2pm Sydney time today, but the house is not on fire.

The first night of filming took place last night, so only a handful of housemates were in the house. Other housemates are due to enter over the coming days.

With all cast and crew forced outside the production area, onlookers have been able to see the entire cast for the first time. The cast has not been made public yet.
I appreciate that you copied the article so we aren’t driving traffic to that awful place.

I know y'all hate them but anyway

TV Blackbox has learned the cast and crew of the 2021 season of Big Brother, which is currently filming at The Barracks on Sydney’s north, have been evacuated due to a shrub fire.

Sources tell TV Blackbox backburning broke containment lines at approx 2pm Sydney time today, but the house is not on fire.

The first night of filming took place last night, so only a handful of housemates were in the house. Other housemates are due to enter over the coming days.

With all cast and crew forced outside the production area, onlookers have been able to see the entire cast for the first time. The cast has not been made public yet.
Oh ffs. :facepalm:

Just heard about the evacuation of the BB house on the news.. off to a good start I see!

Seven news got a comment from an Endemol spokesperson saying filming haven't commenced and it was just the crew and Sonia on site

Seven news got a comment from an Endemol spokesperson saying filming haven't commenced and it was just the crew and Sonia on site
I suspect it's a cover, considering all the things that went wrong during filming last season.

The universe out here giving every sign possible to Seven that they're doing it wrong.

I suspect it's a cover, considering all the things that went wrong during filming last season.

The universe out here giving every sign possible to Seven that they're doing it wrong.
I prefer to think that blog site just got it wrong.

Well here’s the eye and a new structure on the left of it. These are screenshots from the 7 newscast.

Attachments

• 09D1643E-A95A-4787-BDD7-DC948FB57FB0.png
    09D1643E-A95A-4787-BDD7-DC948FB57FB0.png
    288.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 31D7288C-8A7A-459A-9871-94A8637EC16F.png
    31D7288C-8A7A-459A-9871-94A8637EC16F.png
    281.2 KB · Views: 87
Are they stands? Maybe a tiny audience for launch to try and please us complaining about not having a live launch like the old times?

That’s what I was thinking too. On the video it sees quite large too.
I know this is a super bad pic. But even if u zoom it it looks like there will be an audience. The platform is quite large to accommodate for social distancing and stuff

Attachments

• F64FCE79-2905-4FFA-A69C-DB18AFA766EB.jpeg
    F64FCE79-2905-4FFA-A69C-DB18AFA766EB.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 99
If so, it’ll be a flop anyway - the audiences for Launch/Evictions will still be made up entirely of crew and Seven staff like the Finale was. Especially because it’s pre-recorded. So it’ll be very constrained and almost just as “fake” as having no audience at all.

Thanks @Gibo_33 , looking at 7News on Twitter, there was a live twitter video that has some other possibly interesting angles:

The shipping container arena: (looks to be the same site where a pop-up marquee was last time?)
bbau7-2021-7news-north-head-fire-shipping-container-arena-1.jpg
bbau7-2021-7news-north-head-fire-shipping-container-arena-2.jpg

The platform looking thing in front of the house:
bbau7-2021-7news-north-head-fire-platform-in-front-of-house.jpg

Also is it just me or does the structure between the sheds look less temporary now? Maybe it is just the smoke haze making the roof for this look a similar colour to the original shed structures. But then again, if you compare Daily Mail's photo from last year the joining roof did seem to look different (colour and shape) ?
bbau7-2020-house-joining-temporary-roof.jpg

And lastly, the eye from the earlier mentioned 7 News story, just cropped better for viewing on PC ;):
bbau7-2021-7news-north-head-fire-eye.jpg

Does anyone else see a graffiti-style mural with a huge eyeball and some words (I think I can make out a “let’s play”) in that shopping container arena... or is it just me?
Watching the video, it definitely reads like “Let’s Play”, nice catch.

Back