Skip to main content

BB/CBB UK - Rewatch discussions

Back then not all housemates were desperate to be famous or stay in the headlines. Stuart and Shell (the other Michelle) from that series played it right in my opinion. They had a fun summer in the house and made some money from the immediate media interest. They both had completed schooling for professional careers prior and always intended to go back on those paths. During Ultimate Big Brother Victor said that Stuart was a doctor (I assume a psychologist) and had a child. Shell similarly used her earnings from the lad mags and such to fund art internships abroad and establish herself as an art curator. With all the controversy, sex and nudity linked to the series it makes sense that they both distanced themselves from Big Brother and prioritised their careers.
Exactly how it should be - you do your time and then move on. Probably far easier pre-social media too.

I have to have the subtitles on whilst watching BBUK -some of their accents are so thick I canny understand a thing they be sayin' ...

& in my defense even youtube subtitles gives up sometimes - it just stalls occasionally, "Nup, I've got nuthin', can't understand this shite..."

I have to have the subtitles on whilst watching BBUK -some of their accents are so thick I canny understand a thing they be sayin' ...

& in my defense even youtube subtitles gives up sometimes - it just stalls occasionally, "Nup, I've got nuthin', can't understand this shite..."
Yeah I noticed some scenes bit hard to follow at times. They have started I've noticed more onscreen subtitles though as well.

Finished BBUK5 Week 2 and the next 3 BB Efourum episodes, This Season is so off its cuff still even though Kitten's gone! Thought's update coming in a bit. ;)

BBUK5 Week 2:
  • Live Task: Interesting concept. Good on Stu for getting Australia's Capital right. Also I would've been able to answer the French President question confidentally if asked in 2023, not so in 2004. Missed opportunity to have the Musical question be Sugababes' 'Round Round' or Dead or Alive's 'You Spin Me Right Round' or better yet - play one of those into the yard while the thing was going round and round and Stu was answering the questions.
  • I also thought it was a choice that he saved all the Boys one by one first and by the time he started on the girls with Nadia, that was his last correct question. Whether that would be picked up as possible low hanging nominations fodder against him.
  • This split tahts happening with Stuart, Ahmed and to some extent Victor being floaters between the 'kids'/'lip gloss gang'/'Marco's Harem' and the other more 'mature' side of the house. That Food Fight, Bam, heres comes Dan and Vanessa voicing their distaste of the immaturity (watch out guys painting a target much?) then Here comes Nadia out of the Blue having a go.
  • 'Please Knock' Gate (Emma Vs. Victor). That was INTENSE. and then Emma goes and does it again on accident after walking in on Vanessa a mere while later.
  • Audience got to choose the Wake up alarm noise on BBLB - Foghorn won quite clearly with 82% (I wouldve liked to see 'Dial Up Modem). Ahmed think's he's a shoo in to leave up against Emma and Michelle, and appears to be losing the plot, what with the plate smashing after the car alarm noise, another public debate with Marco about why he brought cigs into the house for everyone when he dosent even smoke, mucking around and having another food fight with leftovers from the Fast food task, having a cry in the snug, daggy dancing with the others outside. Remains to be seen whether he really does just wanna go or could it be an elaborate reverse psychology on the audience as suggested on Efourum?
  • It sure will do a number on him though (and the others) in being the one to stay and surviving the 'double eviction'. Emma and Michelle in the Bedsit should be a good combination - it was hilarious when Michelle trying to shut Emma up from making so much noise and then Emma has a wardrobe moment and out flops her tit in front of the mirror on LIVE tv. LOL.
  • There was also an interesting segment on Nadia whether she should or shouldnt tell her 'secret' on one of this week's Efourum episodes (they also had Kitten on as a guest panellist. I also found it funny in one of the Diary Room Uncut episodes Nadia was talking about how she hasnt really connected with Jason and wouldn't be sure what to say to him - next daily episode there was a lot of topless mud wrestling, after their group showers, next scene Nadia is front and centre in the gang prank on Jason trying to get his pants off (if that was the other way around though... bit of sideye how that looks, hmm).
  • On Jason, it seems He and Vanessa have a bit of a thing going - Vanessa is fine to flirt but is dead set against doing a relationship in the house/on TV. There was a scene where Jason is trying to get her to flash him her boobs that was starting to get a bit on the edge of 'watch it mate, you probably should back off right about now'.
  • Dan and Vanessa talking about watching Jason react to himself in the mirror and how there could be some insecurity issues there was interesting. Similar to Dan and Jason talking about guys who think they need cosmetic surgery/touch ups from last week.
  • Where did that weird unshaved 'L' looking thing on Dan's head come from?? Has he had that the whole time? lol.
  • Stu and Michelle. He got a bit taken aback when Emma and Michelle had a full on make out on a dare, and was a bit self aware of the cameras when they were together alone in the bathroom later on. She has started being a bit more social with others since being nominated, as Victor picked up on.
  • That was an interesting task, I think the strategy was to call out each item of BB's order so your shift mates could remember at least one part of it (not like when Michelle just listened and then promptly forgot most of it upon hanging up). There was one order where they put in extra quantity of one burger when they didn't have to too.
  • Vanessa and Shell have also gotten a bit chummy as well, could be a little bit of gossip there for the Bedsit girls to listen in on.
That'll do for Week 2 for now, Onto Week 3!

I'm up to day 37 now which is about week 5 ?? I had to stop watching in when I went to bed as I got a bit addicted and ended up watching it a few nights till 3 or 4 am O_O
They waste a lot of food on this show... Food fights & then this take away task, I bet BB bins everything they order - I wouldn't eat any of it, it all looks under cooked and yuk... + I think Ahmed refused to wear gloves at one stage - eww..

You should enjoy week 3 when the girls go back in :oops::bawling::biggrin:

I have a question whats the go with the hot water this series too, they seem to be taking some midday/night time showers so they either don't mind it being cold as its Summer, or they're only bearing it for a minute to clean off (they sometimes use the mud bath for this at all different hours too), or its not restricted like it has been for the previous 4 seasons (where you had HM's like Steph making a world record attempt in getting into the bathroom first in the morning ready to go).

I havent heard any of the usual morning 'The Hot Water is now on for one hour' announcements either, so far it's been all about the wake up alarm sounds. If there was ever a BB Season where they making a deal about being hard on them then this would be it and that would be part of it.

The one hour rule was scrapped but what Big Brother giveth Big Brother can take away. Stay tuned.

Practically though after a boring BB4 producers didn't want housemates to have to get up too early, and therefore all be in bed by the time the overnight live streaming aired on C4 and E4. I think the C4 slot was often 1am-3am so they'd like some HMs to be awake.

The one hour rule was scrapped but what Big Brother giveth Big Brother can take away. Stay tuned.
Answered in literally the next few episodes again haha. Bedsit prank of Cold Showers for Victor. I'm now up to Day 20 Just before the girls return (efourum with Kitten's return appearances and then walk off set (but still being visible out the window outside) was a bit of a wacky episode) Haha.

Answered in literally the next few episodes again haha. Bedsit prank of Cold Showers for Victor. I'm now up to Day 20 Just before the girls return (efourum with Kitten's return appearances and then walk off set (but still being visible out the window outside) was a bit of a wacky episode) Haha.
Kitten could be really annoying, but I think she was generally well-intentioned, albeit self-righteous at times. Her appearances on Efourum are funny with her dramatics and Russell trying to reign her in.

I've finished watching it now. Very good. I actually remembered reading about the winner way back in 2005 but it didn't dawn on me until the last few episodes :cool:

Stuart & Michelle dated for a year after BB ended, then they moved on separately. Apparently they were the 1st UK couple to bonk on BBUK, even though it was hidden under a table with a cloth draped over it. I never thought he really actually was that into her & just caved in to her repeated demands... But she must have pushed the right buttons or told him THEY ARE THE RIGHT BUTTONS....

I've finished watching it now. Very good. I actually remembered reading about the winner way back in 2005 but it didn't dawn on me until the last few episodes :cool:

Stuart & Michelle dated for a year after BB ended, then they moved on separately. Apparently they were the 1st UK couple to bonk on BBUK, even though it was hidden under a table with a cloth draped over it. I never thought he really actually was that into her & just caved in to her repeated demands... But she must have pushed the right buttons or told him THEY ARE THE RIGHT BUTTONS....
It was 2004 and Michelle and Stuart weren’t the first… Jade and Tommy from Teen Big Brother were the first for BBUK.

I said 'apparently' because my source was UK tabloids which aren't renown for their accuracy :cool: '
Yeah Jade and Tommy in TeenBBUK there was some unmistakable thrusting action going on under that duvet :oops:, The date of that article you posted (4th June 2004) also suggests this was around that scene with Stuart and Michelle first got frisky in bed (And Dan wakes up for a moment in the bed next to and registers what he is looking at then goes back to sleep lol).

I'm up to Week 4 now, Jason managing (or doing a poor job of) his needs and 'dedicating his w@nk' to Vanessa and commenting about women working out being a turn on in plain earshot of her doing weights have been some forward and frank discussions lol. Another update thoughts post in a bit. ;)

Yeah Jade and Tommy in TeenBBUK there was some unmistakable thrusting action going on under that duvet :oops:, The date of that article you posted (4th June 2004) also suggests this was around that scene with Stuart and Michelle first got frisky in bed (And Dan wakes up for a moment in the bed next to and registers what he is looking at then goes back to sleep lol).

I'm up to Week 4 now, Jason managing (or doing a poor job of) his needs and 'dedicating his w@nk' to Vanessa and commenting about women working out being a turn on in plain earshot of her doing weights have been some forward and frank discussions lol. Another update thoughts post in a bit. ;)
I ditched this years BBCAN after 3 episodes, fairly lame & same old format and swapped to previous BBUK's, I might give the Teen one a go next :cool:

Finished Week 3, Now up to the Day 24 Daily Show/Emma Interview. What a week.
BBUK5 Week 3:

• Live Task: Ok so the fines system Davina referred to in relation to the prize money is actually what the Live Tasks have been about for the last 2 weeks so far. It's about preventing loss of the Prize Funds only so far through total completion of the task). This week was two parts that was split cleverly, Collecting rings in a 2 person wheelbarrow race for maximum time limit in part one, only that in Part 2 case (hanging over stingy bushes) the more time they got actually made it harder. Only Shell succeeded in hanging for the full 1min30.
  • Dan's got the shits over the whole thing a bit and DGAF about the money 'when are you gonna give us something to strive towards?' We shall see whether BBUK does some sort of 'Prize Fight' task at the end of the Season to win back money (which is perhaps where BBAU got it from. for BBAU2005 through 08?).
  • Answered my Hot Water question with the Bedsit girls choosing Victor for the Cold Showers prank. He ended up doing a Kitten and getting on the roof at one point.
  • Jason and Vanessa getting it on a little bit. A bit of BBLB/Efourum discussion whether this is just Jason cracking on or who is using who (Vanessa now nominated after they had a kissy sesh, which she feels conflicted by in being seen as 'a slapper'). As mentioned Jason has been particularly lecherous towards Vanessa this week (there was one scene where he had her cornered in the bathroom trying to convince her to give him a kiss before giving up that was a bit edgy).
  • Shell also had a bit of a frustrated tanty moment as well (but also a fun moment stripping and naked lawnmowing lol). Also had a thing with Ahmed, she suddenly became uncomfortable with his jokey 'flirting' or whatever it was after it became a joke to the rest of the group of guys. He apologised to her.
  • Also throwing a spanner right into the 'JungleCats' game plan and in particular for Jason is his 2 besties Dan and Vanessa being nominated (Emma and Michelle also got to nominate, but their votes for Jason and Victor each still had nothing to do with this outcome, the next closest were Ahmed and Nadia by iirc more than 1 point away).
  • Stuart this week: first of all that Nominations 'Tiger man' performance. WTF that was kooky. Then he wore the Cowboy costume for days after the Fight Night party.
  • Nadia starting to get really crabby and affected by running out of cigarettes. also still not revealing anything, I think a lot of them may now 'know' as they were having a full blown discussion about Transgenderism one night, Nadia didn't place her opinion in the conversation at all just looking on at them. From a gay perspective can totally relate to being the elephant in the room while topics like this are discussed right in front of you whilst the participants may/may not be aware of you and theres one right in front of them.
  • Kitten on Efourum: At first I was surprised they had her back on after Day 18's session where she started trying to overspeak her points and hog airtime (and why they didn't just mute her mic at points or something you could hear her trailing off going into some of the VT packages Russell was trying to throw to). But then when she had her silent walk off, hat over the face on Day 20's show, She did say something about how 'your producers told me to scribble crayon over (the house groups diagram)' which makes me think maybe on some level Ch 4 was exploiting her instability for a reaction for the TV aspect of it (somewhat like that Zoey Alexander 'You told me to sing a P!nk song!' freakout on XFactor years later) raher than saying 'look reign it in, Kitten, otherwise I think that'll do for your appearances on the panel and well call it at that'. At least they gave her that little pre recorded message to assert herself on the next Efourum (even if it was kinda mocked at the same time).
  • Also: That guy (Dane Bailey) from the UK Version of Queer Eye that was on, Lookalike for Nick Carter from Backstreet Boys, Anyone?
  • The girls were a good combo for the bedsit - Michelle getting really annoyed at the prospect of Stuart paying attention to somebody else ('Nooooo NAKEHD JACUUUZZEH!') and Emma had a bit of a moment with what Victor said she said to him.
  • FIGHT NIGHT: Ok, so that was uncomfortable to watch. I think, at the very crux of it all, that may have even kicked off or come to a head regardless at some point even without the girls coming back (several of them were starting to have frustrations, and there were tensions between the camps already in the house). Without Emma poking at Victor, It boiled down to the food fight (another one), the water fight, and ultimately Jason confronting Marco and then Marco provoking him by dancing in his face that IMO was the flashpoint to that getting way out of hand.
  • Victor and Emma throwing platters at each other was additional, and then we have whatever happened in the bathroom when the others were consoling Shell and then Jason got in there (and Nadia apparently slapped him and shoved Vanessa or something, which is when BB sent the security into the house).
  • Like has been discussed on BBLB, I think Dan too has come out of that with a lot more positive light for being the mediator during and in the aftermath. There's a chance as well that If Vanessa goes, Dan could bring out the better side of Jason again. we'll see.
  • The Eviction has been postponed to the next week to allow them to settle down a bit more. although its sad that after Emma was separated and returned to the Bedsit for a few days, She paid the ultimate BB price for what transpired and BB made the call to ultimately evict her from the house, risk being deemed too high for a repeat escalation.
  • After viewing her interview though, I think that was possibly the better course to take because even if they had given her that chance to just set it aside, her demeanor and child like qualities (and these could also be completely off base and not the case at all thats how she is as a 20 yo woman but if so the question is then did they judge her accurately enough in Pysch to put into the house (without foreseeing that something like the Bedsit twist or the casting of such potentially clashing personalities could lead to an ugly side/outcome? hmm grey area) have led some commenters to think she may lack some mental capacity to handle that environment again the way things stand and that house makeup being as volatile as it is, and have the risk of something happening bar giving Victor in particular an ultimatum/final warning basically that if either of them start ANYTHING, they'd be instantly booted, but then where do you draw that line as well (based on how far BB allowed that confrontation to go before feeling they had to step in with security/call someone to the diary room to separate).
  • Anyway whats done is done, and on a lighter note she was a delight to watch with Davina and her best moments package full of hilarious bits. Good value. She'll be good on BBLB I reckon this week too.
  • There was some apologies towards each other afterwards, and after a couple days everything has settled down somewhat, Vanessa the day after had a bit of a say about being labelled 'two faced' for biting her tongue at times but then again everyone is kinda being 2 faced in the context of being in the BB Game, but They also got to watch a Euro 2004 Football match (the focus of the task last week) and Victor is back to scheming a little bit, but I think it was a massive shake up and will be interesting to see how things pan out from there.
  • That'll do for now. Onto Week 4's episodes! :)

Last edited:
Back