Skip to main content

BB/CBB UK - Rewatch discussions

Are all 19 seasons of the UK version available to view on YouTube? I plan on watching them all as much as I can. I could probably watch all of the civilian series from C4 before season 20 airs.
Yep. I'm also watching Big Brother's Little Brother (BBLB) eps included in playlists, Hosted by Dermot (starts from BBUK2) but some of that is certainly skimmable like a lot of regurgitated footage or callers going over the same things and stuff but also some portions are useful for extra context or are simply entertaining on their own merit.

I'd recommend watching the nominations daily show then going back to the preceding BBLB though in the list because they give the exclusive and name who's up at the top of the show if you want to leave some suspense for yourself (unless you already know). Haha.

The BBUK1 (and 2?) weekly recap episodes after the eviction, also show the entire preceding week with some new footage chucked in every so often until it catches up to giving the weekend update since what you haven't seen from the Eviction Day (Friday) on.

In BBUK4 for example its a 48ish minute Catch up that covers Friday/Saturday, and includes a couple of Psychologist segments.

Last edited:
I've just taken a lot at the BBUK1 episodes, I assume at the time of the series airing there was no set structure within the first week? It seems it had filmed for a few days before going to air and had meshed multiple days into a few episodes until it was caught up with the eventual broadcast that began airing the day after like the Australian version. Admittedly it does look hard to watch, but I might give it a go. Unless there is reason to skip the first season, but if I was to watch ultimate Big Brother I'd like to have some background on Nasty Nick. And wow was Marcus Bentley not involved at all in season 1? The voice of the narrator of the update clips is a female voice.

Yeah its very no frills the first couple of episodes (I think I said it kinda reminded me of the production value of Aus The Mole or Popstars around that time). You dont even see Davina until the first Eviction show.

It's pretty easy to get through though as its just a couple daily shows Plus the Eviction (which is split into Announcement then Interview later on) and those big weekly recap episodes (which like I mentioned, are probably like 80%ish repeat footage you've already seen and skimmable).

Theres no BBLB, No Saturday Live Task, No Nominations Uncut Episodes or specials yet.

I might give it a try this week and see how I fare. If the daily shows aren't too long and the series itself is only 9 weeks, I could probably finish it in a week.

Yes, you can watch a week in a night quite easily with half hour eps, and half hour eps that reveal so much more than the 90 minute Aussie episodes of late.

Affiliate must be the only person to have watched BBLB more than two days after it aired but it becomes a much bigger commitment from BB5 onwards with the daily shows now 50-60 minutes and eventually becoming 7 days a week and an extra daily spin off alongside BBLB with E-Fourum (which became Big Mouth), Nominations Uncut and Diary Room Uncut, so around 90 minutes of content per day rather than 45 minutes. Plus the series begin getting longer too.

I think if I was to binge the series, I would probably skip the extra shows. It's just a bit too much, especially when the daily shows extend to 45 minutes each in length. I watched BBUK7 in it's entirety 3ish years ago. The process took me about three weeks which is similar to what BBAU 5 and 6 took me.

Does BBUK2 start off as slow as BBUK1? Or is that where the true formulaic run of the show begins?

Yeah I was going to ask when some of the extra stuff Starts which one was the Russell Brand one? Is that Big Mouth? and 'Bits On The Side (BOTS)' only started during Channel 5's run isn't it?

I do find BBLB entertaining, at the very least when some crazy stuff happens they have some very good behind the scenes packages and stuff which iirc the Dailies don't really delve that much into from memory. So up to you if you want to just watch those parts of BBLB when they come up for bit of extra info as you go. ;)

Does BBUK2 start off as slow as BBUK1? Or is that where the true formulaic run of the show begins?
It's a lot more polished to start with, I think the first 30 seconds into BBUK2 grabbed my attention glimpses into the house layout being spruiked up, the new opening titles, etc. BB2 has a few more instant characters I'd say too to keep your attention in the first week.

Yes, then it was rebranded Big Mouth for BB6 and I think moved to a later slot with an extra episode a week for BB7. BOTS began in BB12.

BBUK2 gets going a bit quicker than BB1 and has a full week of episodes to start with, though it wasn't until BB3 we began having a live launch.

BBUK5 (2004) Begins!
  • I have previously seen a little of Kitten's OTT antics, some 'Fight Night' out of context before, these scenes both from pretty early in the Season, but didn't fully understand the background and don't recall much other detail other than a vague recollection of something blue in the decor like a wall and the couch was directly in front of sliding doors or something so It'll be good to see this from the start. I also again know the Winner, but not much else. I'm up to the first 2 days Daily show Catch up episode (Watched BBLB Preview, Launch and the Day 2 Live Task).
  • Special BBLB pre-Launch show (early appearance from a future housemate in the Auditions Casting call montage - no Audition tapes this Season). Books and magazines are not allowed Items this time!
  • The Inside Set has again been be revamped, and also the Live Launch goes a step further this time with a Stage/Screen and a Live Audience - Davina giving some Gretel vibes in a pantsuit.
  • The Door/entry to the house has been lowered, its now pretty much ground level behind a sliding fence from the crowd.
  • House seems a little tad more compact than even the last series (some of the jutting edges and mirrored portions kinda balance out and offset that though as well) - the Bedroom (ONE Bedroom) and bathroom being kinda adjacent is a little bit different and cool though. The Bathroom having a sensor panel of frosting effect glass visible from. the yard - I wonder how much that's actually going to be causing some self aware moments before they get used to it. Also the beds being removed as each housemate leaves will be interesting to see how they work that in. No Chickens or Vegetable patch this time but they do have a separate hidey hole Cylindrical room outside.
  • 'BB is getting meaner' and is a bit more no-nonsense and straight to the point, we will see how much of this translates to nominations if some of them are Gos, Nush or Tania style nominators rather than very 'Full and Frank' as in the housemate guidelines.
  • Some sort of Fines system (iirc BBAU also started this in 2004 'Who is Mike Fines? lol' and this moved along to the Prize money in subsequent seasons of BBAU.
  • Some of the casting is reminding me a lot of BBAU2008 - maybe its Marco's voice straightway is Travis from BBAU8 vibes straight off the bat.
  • 'Best Buttocks 1996' ok then, I see we are using some of Lee from BB3's intro showmanshi... oh HELLO, Jason is really wearing, well not much at all for his first impression into the house, what a choice LOL.
  • Kitten making a bit of a scene before even going in, they got a bit more than they bargained for with her I think (although she is shown to have some settled moments like when she had a one on one with BB in the Live Task episode).
  • Emma seems like fun, also Nadia I think out of the lot there are still some that don't seem to have an instant stereotypical/in your face trait as such compared to some of the others, But also the entry order of Marco Ahmed and Daniel seemed like that was built off of each other and may be likely to clash or get some discussion out of how they will get on together - we will see.
  • Vanessa's accent was throwing me like maybe American?, then they mentioned some South Africa connection - yeah I can hear a bit of that in her voice.
  • Live Task. I could see Daniel's reasoning for who shouldn't get their suitcase trying to size up who would be a similar size and might be easier to share clothes. Stuart despite being Mr '4 A Levels' or whatever it was trying to overthink BB's instructions haha.
  • Victor is super blunt with his reasoning for Kitten - looking forward to his nominations style! lol.
  • Kitten refusing to come to the Diary Room and ending up nominating herself by default, then wondering what everyone was talking about at the end. She Didnt care much except for the photos from home would be tough (She also lost a roll of foil that might've been used for nefarious purposes to f with the cameras Davina said).
  • That being said though it could go the other way and be one less distraction Mechanism to allow yourself to fully immerse in the no contact experience and then seeing your family/friends after however long you stay (also bumped up to 10 weeks this time (And 100k Pound prize money), cant recall right now if BBUK ever matched the 85 or 100 Day series lengths of BBAU? Maybe BB7 did iirc?)
  • Davina mentions a Twist for the upcoming Friday - Fake Eviction by the Housemates and a Bedsit revenge room style setup.
I ditched BBUK2016 & have started to watch this one. Much more to my liking, the people are nicer, well some of them. The man hating lesbian anarchist feminist is super annoying - I'm at the end of week 1, so glad she got her just desserts ... Stu is super cute, Marco is a bit of an enigma - he has nice bod, somewhat hairy - almost bearish & squeals like a twinky queen :eek: But I like him & most of the others..

He is the sole reason I have always wanted to watch BBUK5. So so cute. It's a series I have read lots about and would love to watch it. The cast seems explosive and very entertaining.
He is very handsome. He has nice long thick hair & when he parades around with his shirt off 😍 (which is the reason I watch it when I'm in bed at night, hopefully he will pop in to a dream :cool:)

He is very handsome. He has nice long thick hair & when he parades around with his shirt off 😍 (which is the reason I watch it when I'm in bed at night, hopefully he will pop in to a dream :cool:)
His mates were on BBLB, they have this 'Team Handsome' thing going with a hand signal and everything LOL. If you're an ass man though, I've lost count how many separate times Jason's had his buns out in the first week. 😅

LOL at Victor 'DNA' according to him could be 'Dis Negro Attractive'. They dont call him 'Slick' for nuthin' Haha.

I've finished Week 1 of BBUK5 just before. Some thoughts soon and moving into Week 2.

BBUK5 Week 1 Done.
  • Largely dominated by Kitten's rebellion, however there are some plot threads chugging along underneath.
  • The Alarm Clock/Air raid siren to get them all up, Kitten had to be found by them sleeping in the 'snug' (round room outside). It does seem that they are allowed to have naps later on though, as long as they all get up and stay up for a bit after that goes off. Cause in one of the recent dailies Kitten cooked some pasta, set it aside, went and had a nap on the couch in which time some of the others went and finished it off.
  • Nadia still hasn't revealed or spoken to anyone about being trans (Marco suspected and said to Kitten though). She was having a conversation about having kids with Shell and is wondering whether she should make up a hysterectomy story to avoid being asked why she cant 'do IVF' or to just come out with it and get it over with, but then also dosen't want to have this label hanging over her.
  • On that note the Efourum is kinda like BBAU03 The Insider Show. We also had Big Mouth in 2008, similar sort of format. Showing its 2004ness (ah yes, it was a different time I keep saying to myself), Russell Brand making a bit of a cringe joke about when its Nadia's turn for naked cook her dish could be 'battered sausage'. This was the same year of Miriam and her BBAU visit remember and all those things we discussed recently over in the other rewatch thread.
  • The bromance between Daniel and Jason. Jason is either very, very secure in his heterosexuality with some of the level of physical interactions and D & M's they've been having together, or could there be something else there? Either way it mightn't end well for Daniel (after all in his intro package he has a big thing about going for 'Straight' men), but then OTOH if he keeps it strictly platonic and nothing more than what it is could build a really strong friendship. Watch this space.
  • Emma also announces she is Bi. Michelle likes Victor (He has a GIRLFRIEND! Where do they cast these people lol jks) But then theres something brewing with Stuart. They share a kiss in the Snug during a truth or dare game, She can tell he has a hard on when they were cuddling on the bed and Michelle tells Marco about it, later after the spin the bottle night they're spooning and things get a little heated under the duvet.
  • Ahmed is kinda feeling a little singled out for being the oldest there by a margin, the only one that dosen't drink, etc and has been a little quiet. (He gets along really well surprisingly with Kitten though) Although I don't yet know if this is sincere or a pretty devious strategic move, but Jason pulls him aside and says he may end up a target or something if he dosen't speak up for himself and get a bit more involved.
  • Now this could go a few ways depending on how the others nominate, but Jason could be dragging Ahmed out from under the radar, because he prompty goes and confronts Marco in front of half the house, and later has an extended debate about asylum seekers with him, also in front of a big audience. Later in the Diary Room he even says though that it might get him some nominations, but he dosent care. so at least he's self aware of that.
  • Dermot Modelling some items from Kitten's suitcase on BBLB.
  • And then we have Kitten. I again thought with this forced twist they maybe could've somehow incorporated it into the planned fake eviction (thereby making the HM's think for a few days BB had actually gone through with the unfair move of evicting someone other than Kitten for getting three strikes without actually doing it, then evicting Kitten for realsies once that was over with, because you know she's done her dash and well, they really had to boot her out); but I think it ended up as good as they couldve done with it. They were even speculating about the bedsit twist in the end live segment (or a replacement coming in), So it'll be interesting to see if they figure things out quickly now I assume that twist is being moved to next Friday now.
  • Kitten actually gave a good interview, and also her initial refusal to go triggered another 'mean' BB move displaying the Prize money being trickled down until she leaves. Apparently winning some of it back (or losing even more) is going to be part of the Saturday Live Task this week.
Onto Week 2!

BB5's Stuart seems to have vanished into history - no sign of an obvious social media presence and though there are a few "BB5's Michelle and Stuart now" articles they're all about Michelle and end with not knowing what Stuart is up to.

Probably a forgotten hero of BB5. The cowboy hat stuff was hilarious later in the series with BB taunting him over it, which I think led to a silent protest by the housemates which made a great episode of highlights, on eviction night IIRC.

BB5's Stuart seems to have vanished into history - no sign of an obvious social media presence and though there are a few "BB5's Michelle and Stuart now" articles they're all about Michelle and end with not knowing what Stuart is up to.

Probably a forgotten hero of BB5. The cowboy hat stuff was hilarious later in the series with BB taunting him over it, which I think led to a silent protest by the housemates which made a great episode of highlights, on eviction night IIRC.
He'd be late 30's now almost 40 :oops:
BB was very much the big thing back in his day & I'm sure in the UK it was huge.. Especially when you see HM's antics making the front page of the papers... But as time neared & passed the 2010's it lost its mojo. Plus a lot of BB producers had to come up with more extraordinary antics to keep the ratings up & this led to some disastrous production decisions as well as disastrous HM's who damaged the brand...

Maybe Stu decided to self edit his online affiliation with BB. I don't think Michelle (his fling inside the house) did him any favours, she gives off bad vibes - almost akin to a sexual predator or more like a cougar type persona. Her 'coaching' of him where to touch her and what to do in bed came across as a bit creepy. Then to blab it all to Marco, hmm bit weird I think. So maybe he got out of the house and thought hmm, I need to cleanse my online presence of this moment in history :arghh:
  • The bromance between Daniel and Jason. Jason is either very, very secure in his heterosexuality with some of the level of physical interactions and D & M's they've been having together, or could there be something else there? Either way it mightn't end well for Daniel (after all in his intro package he has a big thing about going for 'Straight' men), but then OTOH if he keeps it strictly platonic and nothing more than what it is could build a really strong friendship. Watch this space.
Jason says that he is Bisexual at the end of the week or maybe it was a few days into week 2??? But I think Dan wants it go a bit further :cool:

• And then we have Kitten. I again thought with this forced twist they maybe could've somehow incorporated it into the planned fake eviction (thereby making the HM's think for a few days BB had actually gone through with the unfair move of evicting someone other than Kitten for getting three strikes without actually doing it, then evicting Kitten for realsies once that was over with, because you know she's done her dash and well, they really had to boot her out); but I think it ended up as good as they couldve done with it. They were even speculating about the bedsit twist in the end live segment (or a replacement coming in), So it'll be interesting to see if they figure things out quickly now I assume that twist is being moved to next Friday now.
  • Kitten actually gave a good interview, and also her initial refusal to go triggered another 'mean' BB move displaying the Prize money being trickled down until she leaves. Apparently winning some of it back (or losing even more) is going to be part of the Saturday Live Task this week.

I couldn't stand Kitten, what a selfish nobody. I'm sure most of her antics were just for attention. You could see how uncomfortable she was when people were having fun, laughing or playing a game - she just watched on with a glazed look of utter confusion on her face. The only time she was full of beans & in her element was when she was creating chaos.

I wanted to slap her when she was being interviewed at her eviction and she said, the winner needs to buy me a pint for leaving and saving them $$$... WTF ???? The sole reason it went down $9,000 was because she wouldn't leave.. And when the timer started she fucked around for 9 mins before leaving costing them $9K.. If she had have left when BB first told her she was evicted and to leave - no $$$ would have been deducted - yet she twisted it around to make it as if she saved them $$$ by exiting (in her opinion, somewhat quickly)...

She did a shocking job of getting whatever message it was she was trying to get across - which is why I think it was more of attention seeking than some fanatical political agenda..

Back then not all housemates were desperate to be famous or stay in the headlines. Stuart and Shell (the other Michelle) from that series played it right in my opinion. They had a fun summer in the house and made some money from the immediate media interest. They both had completed schooling for professional careers prior and always intended to go back on those paths. During Ultimate Big Brother Victor said that Stuart was a doctor (I assume a psychologist) and had a child. Shell similarly used her earnings from the lad mags and such to fund art internships abroad and establish herself as an art curator. With all the controversy, sex and nudity linked to the series it makes sense that they both distanced themselves from Big Brother and prioritised their careers.

His mates were on BBLB, they have this 'Team Handsome' thing going with a hand signal and everything LOL. If you're an ass man though, I've lost count how many separate times Jason's had his buns out in the first week. 😅

LOL at Victor 'DNA' according to him could be 'Dis Negro Attractive'. They dont call him 'Slick' for nuthin' Haha.

I've finished Week 1 of BBUK5 just before. Some thoughts soon and moving into Week 2.
Victor is a legend :biggrin: I just love his diary room chats, but his noms are something special OMG, he's so good at telling his stories :bawling:

"Dan is the 2nd most intelligent person in the house, obviously I am the most intelligent..." :p

"I need to ring Kofi Annan at the UN to get a fucking interpreter so I can understand what that bitch is sayin' ...." :arghh::biggrin:

Back