Skip to main content

BB 2013 Initial Scheduling on Nine/GO!

marquisite

Original BB Fanatic
Staff member
Administrator
Seems like a good time to start up the scheduling thread for this year. Official guides do not list Big Brother as yet but the official Facebook page has confirmed a 29th July TV premiere at 7:00 pm.

With Australia's Got Talent taking last year's 6:30 pm Sunday slot on Nine, it will be interesting how different the weekly schedule is this year.

I'll update the first post as more details come to light. So far it is looking like a two-part launch split over Monday and Tuesday - could be wrong though!

UPDATE: The launch has been made 120 minutes (up from 1 hour) - it may not be split after all.

Show times are based on NINE SYDNEY. Check your local guides closer to the time as their may be regional time variations.

WEEK 1

MONDAY, July 29
  • Nine, Big Brother: Launch Show. PG. 7:00 pm, 120m. What's the twist? Big Brother reveals everything as the 2013 housemates enter the new house.
  • GO!, No Show Scheduled
TUESDAY, July 30
  • Nine, Big Brother: Live Special. PG. 7:00 pm, 90m. Big Brother will set an almost impossible task for two new, unsuspecting housemates.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother: Launch Show. PG. 5:00 pm, 120m.
WEDNESDAY, July 31
  • Nine, Big Brother (Ep 3). PG. 7:00 pm, 90m. All the fun, action and drama from the housemates first week in Big Brother's twisted house.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother: Live Special. PG. 5:30 pm, 90m.
THURSDAY, Aug 1
  • Nine, Big Brother (Ep 4). PG. 7:00 pm, 90m.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother (Ep 3/Wed). PG. 5:30 pm, 90m.
FRIDAY, Aug 2
  • Nine, Big Brother (Ep 5). PG. 7:00 pm, 30m.
  • GO!, No Show Scheduled
SATURDAY, Aug 3
  • Nine, Big Brother: Showdown 1. PG. 6:30 pm, 60m.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother: Launch Show. PG. 3:00 pm, 120m.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother: Live Special. PG. 5:00 pm, 90m.
SUNDAY, Aug 4
  • GO!, No Show Scheduled
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother: Launch Show. PG. 1:00 am, 120m.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother: Live Special. PG. 3:00 am, 90m.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother (Ep 3/Wed). PG. 2:00 pm, 90m.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother (Ep 4/Thu). PG. 3:30 pm, 90m.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother (Ep 5/Fri). PG. 5:00 pm, 30m.

WEEK 2

MONDAY, Aug 5
  • Nine, Big Brother: Live Surprise Show. PG. 8:00 pm, 90m. The party never stops at Dreamworld's Big Brother studios as tonight's Live show hosted by Sonia Kruger will have you in stitches. We can't tell you too much until our new Housemates are safely in lockdown but here's a hint. With their every move monitored by cameras 24/7, The Big Brother House is officially the safest residence in the country... or is it?
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother: Showdown 1. PG. 5:30 pm, 60m.
TUESDAY, Aug 6
  • Nine, Big Brother: Live (Ep. 7). PG. 7:00 pm, 90m.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother: Live Surprise Show. PG. 5:30 pm, 90m.
WEDNESDAY, Aug 7
  • Nine, Big Brother (Ep. 8). PG. 7:00 pm, 60m.
  • Nine, Big Brother: Confidential 1. PG. 8:00 pm, 30m.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother (Ep. 7/Tues). PG. 5:30 pm, 90m.
THURSDAY, Aug 8
  • Nine, Big Brother (Ep. 9). PG. 7:00 pm, 90m.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother (Ep. 8/Wed). PG. 5:30 pm, 60m.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother: Confidential 1. PG. 6:30 pm, 30m.
FRIDAY, Aug 9
  • Nine, Big Brother (Ep 10). PG. 7:00 pm, 30m.
  • GO!, No Show Scheduled
SATURDAY, Aug 10
  • Nine, Big Brother: Showdown 2. PG. 6:30 pm, 60m.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother: Live Surprise Show. PG. 3:30 pm, 90m.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother: Live (Ep. 7). PG. 5:00 pm, 90m.
SUNDAY, Aug 11
  • Nine, No Show Scheduled
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother: Live (Ep. 7). PG. 2:00 pm, 60m.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother (Ep. 8). PG. 3:00 pm, 90m.
  • GO!, (REPLAY) Big Brother (Ep. 9). PG. 4:30 pm, 30m.

Last edited:
A two part launch? Maybe like last year where 10-12 enter on launch night and than 4-6 enter the next night without the introduction in front of the crowd in the auditorium? Ben and Ray didn't get to go on the stage last year they just entered the House.

If it does launch like last year, I'm thinking less than 10-12 housemates. Last year's launch was 90 minutes but this year the open slot is only showing as 60 minutes. It wouldn't be all that hard for Nine to bump an episode of Big Bang Theory to make it 90 minutes if they wanted to, though.

If it does launch like last year, I'm thinking less than 10-12 housemates. Last year's launch was 90 minutes but this year the open slot is only showing as 60 minutes. It wouldn't be all that hard for Nine to bump an episode of Big Bang Theory to make it 90 minutes if they wanted to, though.
Yeah. 1 hour for the opening night is not enough for me but we will see what happens. I think there is going to be 16 original housemates this year but if you are thinking less than 10-12 on opening night that means up to 8 could potentially enter the house without appearing on stage in the auditorium.

Oh that was horrible. (When the housemates went in at a different time *Shivers*
It was a strategic thing from the producers. They predicted before the series started that Michael and Josh would be good friends so they sent them in together on night one to start the story of the bromance and they also sent Bradley in to give him a chance to fit in and make friends with Michael and Josh plus get to know some of the female Hm's before intimidating males like Ryan, Ray, and George entered. A smart move by the producers I think.

Wow I forgot all about Ben and Ray not getting the typical stage entrance. Wow how stupid is that! I'd feel robbed of one of the experiences of BB if I was them. Hope this launch is more promising this year, last years launch turned off many fans of BB. Felt too staged and the 2nd mini launch the next day wasn't well executed. Hope BB reverts back to the old format of introducing EVERYONE and sending them up the plank!

In terms of the scheduling I really wish 9 had Got Talent later in the year, it clashes with Big Brother and I don't want BB to be relegated to Go!

In terms of the scheduling I really wish 9 had Got Talent later in the year, it clashes with Big Brother and I don't want BB to be relegated to Go!

Well if its a choice of getting as much bb or not, I do want it on Go! rather than not at all. They could have gave us uplate or similar last series since they also had gem and go to play with and they didnt. They did give us a Sunday show on go as well to start with as they were screening other programs on 9, but then for some strange reason they stopped that and didnt give us a daily show on Sunday anymore.

The repeats of last year's BB were on GO! actually ;)

Yup, but there is also a "light entertainment - TBA" on GO! at 5pm, 9-30pm and 11-30pm

I'd say the 9-30pm is H&A Gap Year Asia (episode 4), but the 5pm was the usual repeat timeslot for BB on GO!, was it not?

I kinda hope they have decided to include extra live televised content this year... hoping...

Kinda hoping? Or really hoping? :D

Hello 9... you have GO!. So please, GO! make this happen. Sorry for the pun, might catch their attention :p

Hello 9... you have GO!. So please, GO! make this happen. Sorry for the pun, might catch their attention :p
Yet we're talking about the people who came up with the sentence "...And they have no idea what the twist is!" :rolleyes:

Obviousness clearly doesn't stand out to them too well. :p

Yet we're talking about the people who came up with the sentence "...And they have no idea what the twist is!" :rolleyes:

Obviousness clearly doesn't stand out to them too well. :p
Theorist I agree it is incredibly uncreative but at the same time if you read through the comments on Facebook the majority of the comments are so utterly stupid I feel embarrassed. Based on this I think telling the greater public that the Housemates have no idea what the twist is is definitely necessary. To the members on here that is very, very obvious and self explanatory but to the greater public/audience I can just see them all going oohhhh that is interesting when they see it.

Update on the scheduling. Launch Show is no longer "TBA" and the timeslot has been extended from the original 60 minutes to 2 hours - this sounds much less rushed.

There is a GO! replay for the Launch Show starting at 5pm the following day, as mentioned by [MENTION=34049]Frequenting[/MENTION].

Last edited by a moderator:
Back