Skip to main content

Bachelor In Paradise 2018

I know it's early but we do need a place to discuss the show eventually, plus 2018 is less than 2 months away.

Anyway I haven't watched the overseas version, but if Apollo is going to be on Bachelor in Paradise I assume that means he is not going to be the next bachelor? Same goes for Tara being the next bachelorette

Might be worth watching for Laurina, and Keira (though I don't like her as much).
Tara should be ok, and Apollo nice but boring.
Not a fan of Michael or Davey.

Everyone go home, Laurina wins.

Hasn't Australia been punished enough? This will be the third show in which they inflicted us with Keira.

Apollo is making a mistake. Placing himself amongst those desperate to extend their five minutes isn't the way to go. Anyhoo, I guess he's there to hook up with Tara.

And who the fuck is Davey? LOL

Repeating for traffic:

Kind of totally off-topic, but has the US Bachelor in Paradise with Corinne in it been screened here yet and did I miss it, or is it yet to be scheduled???

Anyway I haven't watched the overseas version, but if Apollo is going to be on Bachelor in Paradise I assume that means he is not going to be the next bachelor? Same goes for Tara being the next bachelorette

Not necessarily. They had someone else lined up to be the next US Bach and then Nick VILE played quite likeably (I did not think!) on the US Bach in Paradise and Bam! he was the (horrible) next Bachelor.

Repeating for traffic:

Kind of totally off-topic, but has the US Bachelor in Paradise with Corinne in it been screened here yet and did I miss it, or is it yet to be scheduled???

It is yet to be scheduled. I don’t think they are going to show it either. Usually it is shown in synchronisation with the USA.

Not necessarily. They had someone else lined up to be the next US Bach and then Nick VILE played quite likeably (I did not think!) on the US Bach in Paradise and Bam! he was the (horrible) next Bachelor.

Actually, that would depend on dates of filming. I think they would film the Bachelor right after Paradise? I don’t think many on Paradise would jump into the Bachelor right after.

Nick Viall was going to happen. I thought he was quite likeabe during Paradise.

I still doubt they will pick Apollo for the role based on his age (even though he is in the auditioning age bracket). They usually pick people age 28 - 34.

True, the older age bracket allows them to generate a feeling of urgency a 24 year old just wouldn't have.

Anyway, speaking of Apollo, I saw Thor Ragnarok (9/10 would watch again) and Apollo was nowhere to be seen. :hilarious: Why they needed a body double for a CGI character will remain a mystery to me.

Sorry about the formatting. The photos wouldn't copy across either.

Favourites and 'villains' to clash on Bachelor in Paradise

It will come as no surprise that everyone's favourite former The Bachelor "villain" Keira Maguire has been named as a star on Ten's upcoming The Bachelor spin-off, The Bachelor in Paradise, since she has been getting herself television-ready for weeks with regular trips to Salim Mehajer's estranged wife, beauty therapist Aysha Learmonth, for a non-surgical "Brazilian butt lift".

The daughter of the late cult leader and convicted paedophile Alistah Laishkochav (who fathered 64 children in total) is a Ten reality star favourite, having also appeared on the Network's I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here! earlier this year.
Ten also announced Laurina Fleure (who uttered those three unforgettable words to Blake Garvey – "dirty street pie"), Apollo Jackson (the lovable magician on Sophie Monk's season), Davey Lloyd (the guy with "Your Name…" tattooed on the left side of his buttocks who appeared alongside Sam Frost), Tara Pavlovic (daughter of former Perfect Match co-host Debbie Newsome who appeared on Matty J's season), and Michael Turnbull (the fake Socceroo with an even faker Rolex who also competed for Frost), as cast members.

They were tight-lipped on the 14 remaining names.

Those who have been speculated to also jet to the Mango Bay Retreat in Fiji in a bid at a second chance at love include Jarrod Woodgate, Elora Murger, Florence Alexandra, Luke McLeod and Simone Ormesher.

Others say Leah Costa too, although she did prove to be handful for Ten when they tried to stop her from talking to media after she was booted off the show by Johnson when he confronted her about her stripper past. She did the interviews anyway.

If Costa does make the cut, the Network and Warner Bros. will have a job on their hands to keep the peace between her and Maguire, with the two previously entering into a public war of words, and Costa telling Fairfax Media that she would like to "kick her a**".

Murger and Costa also battled each other on the show

Jackson, who appeared at Ten's Upfronts 2018 this week, said he will be looking for a match who is "kind" and "down-to-earth".

When it comes to who he would prefer between Maguire and Pavlovic, he said he would "wait and see".

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainm...-on-bachelor-in-paradise-20171110-gzj4bs.html

1510435592986.jpg

Small world: Salim Mehajer's estranged wife Aysha Learmonth helped Maguire get ready for her TV role with a Brazilian bum lift. Photo: Keira Maguire

Last edited:
So does anyone who watches overseas Bachelor etc wish to explain the Bachelor in Paradise format. How does it work?

I watch the US version. It usually starts with 6 guys and 7 or 8 girls. Or vice versa. Either the guy or the girls get to hand out the rose. Each guy gets his on rose to give to the girl of his choice - 6 roses for 7 or 8 girls. So 1/2 get eliminated. The next week a few more come in - the gender giving out the rose swaps, and there again is an uneven number of girls and guys. The second week and so on need to usually break up a "couple" to get a rose. They go on dates etc. Hook up in the pool. The people who come in the last few weeks never really have any success but the first few weeks "couples" will break up. The "couples" are not necessarily romantic together - they might give someone a rose because they feel sorry for someone, they are interested in a girl/guy in another "couple", they are waiting for someone specific to come in that they have a crush on, they have no interest in anyone but want to stay in the game etc. The US version usually end up with about 3 couples staying together.

The best part about the US version was Jorge - the bar tender. A lot of the conversations are based at the bar. So it's like a tropical resort that they all gather at the bar. The US version is generally fun and they use fan faves to build the cast.

I watch the US version. It usually starts with 6 guys and 7 or 8 girls. Or vice versa. Either the guy or the girls get to hand out the rose. Each guy gets his on rose to give to the girl of his choice - 6 roses for 7 or 8 girls. So 1/2 get eliminated. The next week a few more come in - the gender giving out the rose swaps, and there again is an uneven number of girls and guys. The second week and so on need to usually break up a "couple" to get a rose. They go on dates etc. Hook up in the pool. The people who come in the last few weeks never really have any success but the first few weeks "couples" will break up. The "couples" are not necessarily romantic together - they might give someone a rose because they feel sorry for someone, they are interested in a girl/guy in another "couple", they are waiting for someone specific to come in that they have a crush on, they have no interest in anyone but want to stay in the game etc. The US version usually end up with about 3 couples staying together.

The best part about the US version was Jorge - the bar tender. A lot of the conversations are based at the bar. So it's like a tropical resort that they all gather at the bar. The US version is generally fun and they use fan faves to build the cast.
Thanks for that! It sounds less serious than the bachelor/bachelorette.

Back