Skip to main content

Australian Survivor Ratings

Wednesday: 599,000

True to form, the lowest rating ep of the week, although it did at least beat 7.30 and Hard Quiz this week.

Untitled-1.jpg

Survivor is the 2nd highest rated tv show on TV at the moment behind MAFS. Which is pretty impressive I would say given how low many other shows are rating.
Yet it is still 10's lowest rating season as at Ep 18 (purely based on overnights), but it will finally overtake S2 next week. This year 10 has stuck to three eps a week, and Wednesday has consistently been its worst performer. Being second highest rating show has more to do with MKR's terrible reinvention.

Yet it is still 10's lowest rating season as at Ep 18 (purely based on overnights), but it will finally overtake S2 next week. This year 10 has stuck to three eps a week, and Wednesday has consistently been its worst performer. Being second highest rating show has more to do with MKR's terrible reinvention.

It's still great though that out of thousands of shows on 16 channels, Survivor ranks 2nd. Also it's very close with MAFS in the 16-39 demo.

Monday: 700,000

Still third in its slot though, behind Nine and ABC.

I wonder if 'Hughsey We Have A Problem' helps on Monday nights. While not in the top 20 itself, it might help convince people to stick with TEN for the whole night (it works on me, with MAFS recorded for later and MKR dwindling to a non-priority at all).

I wonder if 'Hughsey We Have A Problem' helps on Monday nights. While not in the top 20 itself, it might help convince people to stick with TEN for the whole night (it works on me, with MAFS recorded for later and MKR dwindling to a non-priority at all).
I quite enjoy Hughsey but I switch to ABC for Media Watch.

Monday: 700,000

Still third in its slot though, behind Nine and ABC.

However, in the 16-39 demo it's doing extremely well, only 40,000 behind MAFS on Monday and 2,000 behind last night. Demos are more important for networks in terms of revenue than total people.

Tuesday: 728,000

Another season high, as is to be expected at this stage of the season. Both eps this week have rated higher than their respective ones for all previous seasons with the exception of last year's, so it's on a good trajectory on the graph at least, which I'll post tomorrow.

interesting that all 5 seasons seem to dip at the episode 15 mark and all seem to have a small boost around episode 20.

interesting that all 5 seasons seem to dip at the episode 15 mark and all seem to have a small boost around episode 20.
Both the other episode 15s that dipped were up against Block reveals, which have always been weak nights for Survivor. But yes, it always does trend up as the finale looms. I'd expect this year's finale to come between 2018 and 2019's judging by the latest figures, but it's been a pretty lacklustre season so it may come under 2018's tbh. Bit different for this season airing at this time of year. And maybe people being stuck in lockdown will give it a boost? Hard to say.

Tuesday: 779,000

Fell a bit short of my tip, so I'm gonna downgrade my finale tip to 860-870k, in line with the 2018 and 2016 seasons (not including the "winner announced" part which they split into a separate figure).

Untitled-1.jpg

Finale: 878,000

The Winner Announced segment peaked at 944,000, while the Reunion was 625,000

Overall average nightly 5-capitals audience for the season was 642,292, which makes it the second lowest rating, although this season aired early in the year, which may affect ratings.

2019: 747,833
2016: 691,769
2018: 672,375
All Stars: 642,292
2017: 614,615

Anyway that's a wrap!

Untitled-1.jpg

Glad its doing so well but will they be filming a season to start in August? The way things are right now I wouldnt think so. I think American Survivor seasons 41 and 42 are on hold at the moment so I would expect the same for this as well....aside from the fact that Pags is trapped in LA anyways. One of my co workers is stuck in Mexico and has no idea when or how he is getting home.

Back