Skip to main content

Australian Survivor Ratings

There is nothing (important) in opposition to The Bachelor tonight. I wish TEN would schedule Survivor in the same way on at least one night.

The intro background briefings provided at the start of each episode could easily have contributed to the ratings increase.

They are there to help the audience get the most out of the show to assist to capture and retain viewers. Survivor requires a decent scope of knowledge to derive full viewing pleasure... high commitent viewing. Plenty of people probably can't be bothered to make the effort after a long day working, and want oven ready fries without too much effort or thought.

Hmmmm. The ratings data is based on about 5,000 households...representing about 8.4+ million hh / 24+ million pop.....pressumably statistically reliable when extrapolated (without checking). Not to mention OzTam's self-interested/independant (yep same breath) ownership and oversight, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same people saying that ratings mean nothing are the same ones saying that Queen Ali's season of the Bachelorette ratings were poor because of the quality of show... Funny that...

Same people saying that ratings mean nothing are the same ones saying that Queen Ali's season of the Bachelorette ratings were poor because of the quality of show... Funny that...

Going to assume you 2 have been smoking too much weed

Enough with the trolling @Affable and @reepbot

tumblr_o188srdoD51qk08n1o1_400.gif

Sunday: 630,000

That's in the zone of the last two seasons, and surprisingly good considering it was up against the season launch of The Block.

Don’t know if anyone else here looks at the timeshifted figures, but the launch increased by 118,000 to a total of 925,000 viewers! Not only does this figure outrate every episode from last series but it is also the third highest rating episode of Australian survivor since ten rebooted it. Just thought I’d share :) it seems survivor does really well in timeshifting and the overnight figures are almost not worth going by.

it seems survivor does really well in timeshifting and the overnight figures are almost not worth going by.
I just post the overnights because they're available the next day and it is still a way to track it compared to previous seasons.

I just post the overnights because they're available the next day and it is still a way to track it compared to previous seasons.

Still true I guess. All my graphs I keep go by consolidated figures. I wish however that ten-lay figures were added to the total. I reckon Survivor would do well with online views.

I'm not watching The Block this year (or ever again, probably). I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I could only watch it again if they got rid of Scott Cam. If I want to watch a shouty bogan I can turn on Question Time on ABC.

Back