Skip to main content

Australian Survivor Ratings

Sunday: 562,000

Ouch, that's the third lowest rating episode (on 5-city overnights) since 10 picked up the franchise in 2016.

Could it be that - like @originalflavours - after launching on Wed/Thu, people simply didn't know it was on again last night?

Reactions: kxk
Australia's Got Talent premiered last night, and it's been getting hyped to the max. Ninja Warrior inexplicably attracts viewers (I wouldn't watch it even if all the other channels went off air). I've commented before that the general public prefer dumb family entertainment to anything that may tax their brains too much.

Last edited:
Australia's Got Talent premiered last night, and it's been getting hyped to the max. Ninja Warrior inexplicably attracts viewers (I wouldn't watch it even if all the other channels went off air). I've commented before that the general public prefer dumb family entertainment to anything that may tax their brains too much.

Luckily tonight is the finale of Ninja Warrior, no? So might pick up some eyeballs going forward.

Though does the Block premiere soon?

Sunday: 562,000

Ouch, that's the third lowest rating episode (on 5-city overnights) since 10 picked up the franchise in 2016.

Could it be that - like @originalflavours - after launching on Wed/Thu, people simply didn't know it was on again last night?
Quite possible. It can take a while to get back into the groove of shows.
Luckily tonight is the finale of Ninja Warrior, no? So might pick up some eyeballs going forward.

Though does the Block premiere soon?
Good lord! The Block. Over it, well and truly. Scott Cam. The king bogan of bogans on tv. What gets me is that with all of the free to air channels, they have to do repeats of repeats, ergo the Block and Bondi Rescue. I'm sure I've seen some of Bondi eps for the third time. Hopefully there will be eyeballs, as you say and 'our' show rules. My brother in law, an American, poo pooed it and I said, at least it's better than the US one.

Not even close to the viewership of Ninja Warrior.
When I post the graph tomorrow, you will understand why this is a great result for Survivor. I don't care about how other shows rate. I just post on how well Survivor is performing relative to previous seasons.

Tuesday: 641,000

Last night it topped the demos at least. On the graph you can see it's a smidge ahead of the corresponding ep for the last two seasons (637k and 620k respectively). So it's holding up ok.

Untitled-1.jpg

Our rating system is long overdue for a review/change/accountability..........I have no faith in what seems to be a fairytale made up by 9 & 7

Have you ever met anyone who has a rating box thing?.........I think as far as Vic is concerned, they buried some in Frankston and Werribee
How can a country that in general has superior music taste have such horrendous viewing habits???
Ever met anyone that has been surveyed?

Our rating system is long overdue for a review/change/accountability..........I have no faith in what seems to be a fairytale made up by 9 & 7

Have you ever met anyone who has a rating box thing?.........I think as far as Vic is concerned, they buried some in Frankston and Werribee
How can a country that in general has superior music taste have such horrendous viewing habits???
Ever met anyone that has been surveyed?
I had a tv ratings box once back in the 1990's when I was a university student. This was back in WA. Can't remember how long we had it for but it was probably for a couple of years.

I had a tv ratings box once back in the 1990's when I was a university student. This was back in WA. Can't remember how long we had it for but it was probably for a couple of years.

WOW........1ST I have ever found
How did they pick you? Odd choice, Uni students should not be watching much TV. Where did you live? I am familiar with WA, lived there for more than a decade

Wash your mouth out
Curious what were they?
Kids shows? Ninja/AGT???

Ninja Warrior on all three nights. Were never going to beat Ninja Warrior as that is one of the better shows on television at the moment.

AGT is crap but The Monty show was always going to win last night. Personally I would have watched either of these shows over Survivor.

WOW........1ST I have ever found
How did they pick you? Odd choice, Uni students should not be watching much TV. Where did you live? I am familiar with WA, lived there for more than a decade
Well, I guess they need a cross section of the population for the ratings to be credible.
They rang the house and asked if I wanted to answer a survey and once I did, asked if we wanted to wanted to participate. At that point I was living in Perth.

Back