Skip to main content

Australian Survivor Ratings

Well take heart Survivor & 10 fans, apparently they are doing great on streaming, over a million:)

And check out the tvtonight TV survey results, very, very interesting.
10 does a hell of a lot better in a whole lot of categories - eg

Which FTA channels do you watch regularly?*
ABC 74%
TEN 66%
Seven 56%
Nine 48%
SBS 43%
ABC2 37%
ELEVEN 35%
ABC News 24 33%
SBS 2 27%
GO! 26%
7mate 24%
7TWO 22%
GEM 19%
9Life 19%
ONE 16%
SBS Food Network 15%
7flix 15%
WIN (Regional) 13%
Prime 10%
Southern Cross 10%
ABC3 6%
NITV 4%
NBN 3%
Community TV 2%
Imparja 1%

And this one, confirms the mystery of ratings boxes - ie nobody has ever heard of anyone participating

Have you ever participated in a Ratings survey?
No never been asked 76%
Yes in the last 5 years 11%
Yes more than 10 years ago 8%
No but I have been asked to participate 4%
Yes in the last 5-10 years 1%

Read the entire thing
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/09/audience-inventory-2016-free-to-air-results.html

Tomorrow streaming data

So yesterday (Sunday) 'twas thus so:

The Block (1.1m)
The Big Music Quiz(843,000)
Australian Survivor (586,000)

Ten should pull it from Sundays tbh.

Fingers crossed TEN remove it from Sunday.
How does it work for them to just keep moving programs around? If they drop it on Sunday doesn't it seem like they don't care about the show?

They expected a lot from the show if they're putting it up against the most popular Sunday night shows. In some ways it's almost not fair to the first season of survivor to put it against These other shows

How does it work for them to just keep moving programs around? If they drop it on Sunday doesn't it seem like they don't care about the show?

They expected a lot from the show if they're putting it up against the most popular Sunday night shows. In some ways it's almost not fair to the first season of survivor to put it against These other shows
The networks don't work for viewers, they work for their clients (advertisers). If a show is rating poorly, Aussie networks don't hesitate to bump them into another (usually much later) time slot. In this case they have a lot invested, so if they dropped the Sunday show and only aired it Mon/Tue all the remaining eps would have an average audience of ~700k, instead of that average being dragged down by a feeble Sunday showing.

I'd prefer them to bolster the show by starting it 30 mins earlier and putting something better on before it.

Monday:

The Block (921,000)
Australian Story (882,000)
Zumbo’s Just Desserts (681,000)
Australian Survivor was 672,000

Tuesday:

THE BLOCK -TUE Nine 948,000
AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR TUES TEN 690,000
7.30-EV ABC 649,000
ZUMBO’S JUST DESSERTS Seven 646,000

Even though it's not rating as well as one might hope - it was still their top rating show last night, and does well in the demos every night it is on. (Unlike Dumbo's Desserts.)

I don't think they'll move it from Sunday. What would they replace it with that would rate better?!

Meanwhile TEN is also upbeat about Australian Survivor despite some outings being fourth in its slot. The Demos have been strong and the social media chat (aside from criticism about the show’s length) has been universally strong.

TEN’s Head of Entertainment and Factual Programs Stephen Tate says people are watching, but on multiple platforms.

“It’s actually tracking well ahead of the first season of The Bachelor and also the first season of I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here Australia” he told
News Corp.

“And look what a powerhouse The Bachelor is now. The thing is that at TEN we know that we need to stick with brands and support them.”

From: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/09/ten-upbeat-about-offspring-survivor.html

Go the Demos!

Meanwhile TEN is also upbeat about Australian Survivor despite some outings being fourth in its slot. The Demos have been strong and the social media chat (aside from criticism about the show’s length) has been universally strong.

TEN’s Head of Entertainment and Factual Programs Stephen Tate says people are watching, but on multiple platforms.

“It’s actually tracking well ahead of the first season of The Bachelor and also the first season of I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here Australia” he told
News Corp.

“And look what a powerhouse The Bachelor is now. The thing is that at TEN we know that we need to stick with brands and support them.”

From: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/09/ten-upbeat-about-offspring-survivor.html

Go the Demos!

..."The thing is that at TEN we know that we need to stick with brands and support them.”...<<<-------now that statement right there by Stephen Tate is exactly why Channel 10 do these shows so well... even after shaky starts when the show is new and in it's first season... the faith that they have in their new shows and the fact that they don't panic and shift them to different time slots just for ratings sake shows the mentality that they have to stay loyal to the show and their fans...

...they did this with 'I'm a celeb' and 'Masterchef' in their first seasons and look at the rewards they reap now... they have faith in their new shows for in the long term and not just short term... this is their winning formula for such successful shows that usually rate the best in the 2nd and 3rd seasons and onwards... good on Channel 10 for having the balls to stand by their new shows with such faith and conviction...

...the fact that Survivor is doing better than 'Bachelor' and I'm a Celeb' in it's first season ensures that we will be seeing plenty more seasons of 'Australian Survivor' from here onwards for sure... woohoo!... kudos to Channel 10!... now if only we could convince them to take up the rights for 'Big Brother' when Channel 9 finally relinquishes the rights to the show... (dream on Sticky... dream on!)... cheers.

...the fact that Survivor is doing better than 'Bachelor' and I'm a Celeb' in it's first season ensures that we will be seeing plenty more seasons of 'Australian Survivor' from here onwards for sure... woohoo!... kudos to Channel 10!... now if only we could convince them to take up the rights for 'Big Brother' when Channel 9 finally relinquishes the rights to the show... (dream on Sticky... dream on!)... cheers.
Survivor doing well is probably the best chance of Big Brother returning to Ten. I can't see them having both I'm a Celeb and Survivor in the schedules long term and if the former went that really would open up the need for a multi-night format to air in the early part of the year.

Sunday's ratings:

The Block (9) (1,212,000)
The Big Music Quiz (7) (873,000)
Australian Survivor (10) (649,000)
Howard on Menzies (ABC) (649,000)

OK Monday results, not great:

THE BLOCK -MON Nine 1,019,000
7.30-EV ABC 743,000 / AUSTRALIAN STORY-EV ABC 701,000
AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR MON TEN 699,000
ZUMBO’S JUST DESSERTS Seven 647,000

I can't believe more people watch that snoozefest Zumbo than Survivor. As for The Block, I really start to question the intelligence of the Australian public. You know how it's going to END. Basically, it's all product placement and advertising! They are PLAYING YOU.

Back