Skip to main content

Australian Survivor Ratings

Channel 10 would care more about the demos at this point - if Survivor keeps topping those, they'll be happy.
I have zero interest in THE BLOCK too

I too am so over the Block and all reno/gardening/travel/food/music/talent and shows of that ilk. The occasional House Hunters is ok though as they're too weird to completely ignore, lol.

I started out plotting it against The Block in 2016 because Survivor was new to Ten and I wondered if it could take The Block down a notch. Unfortunately it wasn't to be, and - worse than that - The Block went ballistic last year, so go figure.

I too am so over the Block and all reno/gardening/travel/food/music/talent and shows of that ilk

I'm long since done with The Block and have now added House Rules to that list. I do like some of the US shows on 9 Life. HGTV makes some good ones, Good Bones being my favourite. I miss the old Block, Gav and Waz and Amity Dry... and Jamie Durie. Those were the days.

Reactions: kxk
I started out plotting it against The Block in 2016 because Survivor was new to Ten and I wondered if it could take The Block down a notch. Unfortunately it wasn't to be, and - worse than that - The Block went ballistic last year, so go figure.

I'm long since done with The Block and have now added House Rules to that list. I do like some of the US shows on 9 Life. HGTV makes some good ones, Good Bones being my favourite. I miss the old Block, Gav and Waz and Amity Dry... and Jamie Durie. Those were the days.
House Hunters and House Hunters International are hilarious. So ridiculous in their weird expectations. Some of the flip or flop shows are not too bad.

House Hunters and House Hunters International are hilarious. So ridiculous in their weird expectations. Some of the flip or flop shows are not too bad.
The Flip or Flop Las Vegas show I find boring because they always do these tacky shiny glittery sparkly renos, so they all end up much the same. But the original I like, and the Atlanta one with the black couple I would have like to have seen more of, but only saw one ep of that version. House Hunters International I touched on in another thread, how it's all staged, fake reality. If/when I move to Vietnam I am totally going to apply. I might even do it here tbh.

The Flip or Flop Las Vegas show I find boring because they always do these tacky shiny glittery sparkly renos, so they all end up much the same. But the original I like, and the Atlanta one with the black couple I would have like to have seen more of, but only saw one ep of that version. House Hunters International I touched on in another thread, how it's all staged, fake reality. If/when I move to Vietnam I am totally going to apply. I might even do it here tbh.
Americans have a very distorted view of how things are in other countries and indeed in their own country. I wonder if the people who do the recruiting aim for stupidity rather than sensible and rational thought processes. If it isn't child friendly, which half the time it is, for goodness sake figure out how to make it so. The original flip or flop wasn't bad. They're divorced now. Never seen the Vegas one. As for food shows, I know Mystery Diners is fake but I find it amusing and interesting. A different take on food, lol. Sometimes you just need to suspend belief and reality.

Thursday: 615,000 - that's a loss of 100k viewers, massive drop, especially for the episode starring their big import, and airing up against, well nothing much at all: NRL in some states, The Single Wives on Seven and Grand Designs AU on ABC.

It did, however, top the demos again, and Ten should be happy with that, I guess.

ZDYB6L6.jpg

Monday: 592,000.

Survivor dropped only 22k from the previous ep on Thursday, which is pretty good considering it was up against The Block this time. Block won the demos of course :(

Worry for Australia folks, more people watched Dance Boss than Survivor. What in the hell is wrong with people?

Out of interest, do they sell Australian Survivor to overseas markets?

Worry for Australia folks, more people watched Dance Boss than Survivor. What in the hell is wrong with people?

Out of interest, do they sell Australian Survivor to overseas markets?
That was the launch for Dance Boss, so it'll probably all be downhill for it from here... terrible result!

Australian Survivor aired on TVNZ last year, but a search doesn't bring up this current season.

I recorded Dance Boss and The Block but as yet haven't watched either, they are extremely low priority, whereas Survivor is a must watch live.

I'd be more worried if I was over at Channel 7, that was a terrible debut for DANCE BOSS, which Seven have promoted endlessly. Unless they get an uptick in audience numbers tonight, I predict that show won't last long in that 7.30PM timeslot.
As for THE BLOCK, I find it as boring as watching grass grow, but they have a proven formula that gets the audience, and Scott Cam is the quintessential "good Aussie bloke" everyone supposedly likes as a host.

I'd be more worried if I was over at Channel 7, that was a terrible debut for DANCE BOSS, which Seven have promoted endlessly. Unless they get an uptick in audience numbers tonight, I predict that show won't last long in that 7.30PM timeslot.
As for THE BLOCK, I find it as boring as watching grass grow, but they have a proven formula that gets the audience, and Scott Cam is the quintessential "good Aussie bloke" everyone supposedly likes as a host.
I think he's a numpty.

When will the Block obsession start to abate? Surely there's not enough real estate left to buy up.

...soon enough I hope... being that I've spent the last 6 years slowly renovating my house inside and out and have been re-landscaping my gardens too (all by hand) and have finally finished... I really cannot see the fascination of watching people doing that shit... they're just rooms for crying out loud... big whoopty doo!... renovating and painting are the most boring things to do on the Planet Earth as far as I'm concerned...

People are gluttons for punishment, it would seem!

...and also slowly becoming brain dead I imagine lol!... I know that it was doing my head in for the last 6 years lol!...

...haha!... as I said above Evan44... doing it is probably 10 times more bloody boring I can tell you!... lol!...

I think he's a numpty.

...I detest Karl Stiffynodick the most but Snott Cam comes a close second... I really do detest that pair of twonks... all it would take is two bullets and...

Ugh. If I ever hear his bogan voice again it'll be too soon.

...yer!... bloody oath maaaaaaaaaaate!... he's a dinky di true blue digger ocker sport maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate ain't he?... he probably doesn't even talk like that in real life either I imagine... he's such a turdhole... I can't stand the mongrel...

I may come across as a snob now but the OTT bogan voice really grates on me. It's not chummy, matey, laid back. It's almost vulgar.

...yes and Sophie Monk was giving me the irrits with her voice in 'Love Muscle Island' too... she sure amped up the 'Boganess' didn't she?... imagine a conversation between the two of them... you'd scream I imagine?... I would!... lol!... cheers.

woohoo at you @mrstickyfingers for completing what you set out to do xx

...the funny thing is joyjoyjoy (Hooley Dooley) was that 6 and a half years ago I had my first stoke and retired from work and was told to 'take it easy' and to recover before doing anything too demanding... but me being me... I'm a fidget arse that is always doing 2 or 3 things at a time and rarely sit still and because boredom set in after the first 2 weeks of recovery I decided to do a few things around the house as I always do... well... we needed a new front door put on because it had passed it's 'used by date' so to speak so that's what started out the complete renovation of our house inside and out plus the renovations of the gardens from that point onwards... I was on a journey... an Odyssey... a 6 year one... I was boldy going where no simpleton has gone before! **cue the Star Trek theme song**...

...I've repainted all of the rooms inside/put in all new windows and two sliding doors at the back and side of the house/had the roof repaired and resprayed/reclad the whole house outside/painted it all with textured paint/re-carpeted most rooms in the house/new toilet etc/built a new Verandah at the back of the house/re-landscaped all of the gardens/put up a new garden shed/replaced the roof of the barbecue area/put up a Greenhouse/ moved about 17 tons of Gravel and Soil by wheelbarrow by hand/planted about 40 something plants just to mention a few things... so as you can see Hooley Joy... WATCHING shit shows like 'The Block' is NOT one of my main priorities I can assure you lol!... and... the funny part?... there's only ONE THING that needs to be done to really finish it off completely?... it's to replace the front door that started off my 6 year renovation rumble lol!... I've renovated everything else but that so far lol!... everything else took more priority over that bloody stupid front door somehow lol!... but that will change soon... that will be done by a proper Carpenter within the very near future that's for sure lol!... anyone but me!... lol!...

...mind you... I haven't done it all myself... I'm not THAT clever... a few people have helped me out with certain things and I have had professionals respray the roof/replace the toilet etc but at least 80% to 90% of it I've had to do myself I reckon... so as you can imagine... watching OTHER people renovating houses or whatever is brain dead city for me lol!... and having to listen to Scott Cam talking would make me put a Nail Gun staple through my own head I imagine lol!... but anyway... now to get someone in to put on that new front door that started my 6 year Odyssey... lol!... people can shove 'The Block' right up their hallway passage as far as I'm concerned lol!...

...and needless to say... my sweet darling beautiful wife has been the most patient and inspirational person in my life throughout it with putting up with all of the chaos of moving the furniture from room to room/the repainting and re-carpeting of the rooms etc/all of the paint tins lying around/all of the dust and inconvenience all of the time etc... but she does know that when I become obsessed with getting something done that I will not stop until it is lol!... she's my rock that's for sure lol!... poor lady... I don't know how she did it lol!... and... 2 and a half years ago I had my 2nd stroke inbetween all of that and was paralysed down my left side and had to come back from that over a few months so hence the 6 years Odyssey and not a 5 year one lol!... but as I said... IT'S ALL FINISHED AT LAST!... (except the stupid front door of course)... ;):thumbsup::biggrin:...

...and... it's so good to talk to you again Hoooley Joy my good friend... it seems such a while since we last did lol!... it's great to chat again... cheers.

Back