Skip to main content

Australian Survivor: Articles

adding a second series could lead to even lower ratings
It doesn't say that they are adding a second season, only that they are taping a second one this year. This is what leads me to conclude it will air earlier (in 2020) than previous seasons. It's a a bit of a leap to think there will be two seasons next year. Anyway the whole article is based on a supposed leak and speculation.

It doesn't say that they are adding a second season, only that they are taping a second one this year. This is what leads me to conclude it will air earlier (in 2020) than previous seasons. It's a a bit of a leap to think there will be two seasons next year. Anyway the whole article is based on a supposed leak and speculation.

The American Survivor films back to back series as a cost saving measure but they air two series over the year... Also the longer they sit in footage the more susceptible the show is to leaks. Realistically I can’t see there being more than just a few months between taping and then series going to air.

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2019/6/9/exclusive-10-to-shoot-second-series-of-survivor-this-year

An interesting read, wonder if it’s true? I’m hoping it’s not an all stars/celebrity series. It’s too early for an all stars and more celebrities on this show would be an overkill of celeb based reality shows after not only champions vs contenders but also DWTS and IMACGMOOH
Generally speaking if it's not on TV Tonight I don't trust it - not really thought much of this Blackbox site since it appeared.

I suspect it's little more than a scheduling issue - perhaps Jonathan has other filming commitments next year so they're getting it in the can early. The Spring US series is filmed 9 months ahead of broadcast, so even if it's held back till the usual slot next year in terms of broadcast TV that's not so unusual. Indeed there's been a few occassions in recent years where Aussie networks have commissioned a second series of their reality juggernauts only to realise that viewers don't really want two series a year, so they hold the filmed series back to broadcast in the usual slot the year after.

Reactions: kxk
Not sure if I really wanted another Champions vs Contenders. It was good once but I don't want Survivor to become I'm a Celebrity.

Sarah has my fave bio so far. Even my cold heart will probably cry at the inevitable Tsunami montage.

I LOVE LUKE.......hope he wins, hope he is my sweep

Would love to see him do more TV

(Does everyone know sweet Jericho paid for Luke & family to visit Disneyland, Luke has 2 kids with autism -I think)

I just think why bring back old players after only three seasons? Bringing in quasi-celebrities is bad enough. Surely the new applicants can't be that bad? Luke was fine but why not wait until a later (much later) season of fans Vs favourites?

It doesn’t seem like Luke made it very far. From articles I’ve read and judging big previous seasons, filming takes place around May-July, which was said by jonathon. In that time Luke was inactive on Instagram for no longer than 17 days. Which judging by the previous seasons would suggest he lasts maybe 6 or 7 episodes?

Back