Skip to main content

Australian Survivor: Articles

I've been revisiting the US drama Brothers & Sisters and just happened to look at the Wikipedia entry tonight to note:

The character of Kevin had originally been named Bryan, and had been cast with actor Jonathan LaPaglia. Like the current Kevin character, the Bryan version of the character was also gay, but had been married, and was going through a divorce.

Kind of hard to imagine him in that role.

Hey @FatPants, @Mr Stickyfingers and anyone else interested:

Latest on the new season of US Survivor. Looks like Nine are showing it on the main channel this time, and late at night. Goodonya arseholes.

Survivor has a new timeslot of 10pm Thursdays following The Footy Show from September 29. It will launch a week after its US screening -but if there are any US pre-emptions we could well catch up for the finale (unclear).

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/09/which-shows-are-getting-fast-tracked.html

But at least they're screening it at some point. I was getting nervous. Plus it won't clash with the Bachette!

Obviously they didnt invest so heavily in a format like this for one season.
You have production crew, pr, creative, insurance etc etc - its a big team for
a format like this.
There will be two at least and they will probably do a reassesment after the next season.

They've invested heavily in any number of shows that have not been renewed- that have indeed been scrapped or semiscrapped during their initial airings - and it's the production company who take the most risk in these instances. My feeling was it would be renewed, and I heard a murmur it would - but it is very nice to have some confirmation out of Ten's mouth on a reputable TV news site.

Latest on the new season of US Survivor. Looks like Nine are showing it on the main channel this time, and late at night. Goodonya arseholes.

Survivor has a new timeslot of 10pm Thursdays following The Footy Show from September 29. It will launch a week after its US screening -but if there are any US pre-emptions we could well catch up for the finale (unclear).

But at least they're screening it at some point. I was getting nervous. Plus it won't clash with the Bachette!

Well that sucks. The late timeslot, and Nine having it means it won't be on Foxtel or GO, who fast-track it within a day, not a week.

Thanks for the heads up!

A week late really sucks. The late timeslot probably means that I will probably have to catch up Friday night or the weekend.

...Channel 9 are like Errol Flynn... everything that they touch they fuck... that's just so typical of Channel 9... they buy a product just so that another Channel can't use it and treat it like throwaway shit and screen it at apppalling times just to rub it in... bastards... I so hate Channel 9... cheers.

Well the time slot suits me better (7pm my time) but if it's a week in arrears I may as well just download it and watch at my leisure.

If Ten renews AU Survivor, I wonder if they will drop IACGMOOH? I know they said they have renewed it for 2017, but wonder if it's a bit samey samey for them to have both? Guess it'll rest on Celeb's ratings.

...well... they've got The Bachelor/The Batchelorette and Family Feud/Celebrity Family Feud so maybe the similarities wouldn't matter to them as long as the ratings are coming in perhaps?... I don't think that they'd be too fussed about the similarities in the show just as long as they are winning formulas I guess?... cheers.

What is the point of showing it a week late? Everyone who wants to watch will have seen it somehow.

...just remember sweet Rose711... it is Channel 9 that we are talking about after all... they are capable of ANYTHING and it usually means that as viewers we never come out on top with their shows... we are just mere pawns in their desperate grabs for ratings and sponsors... at least when the late Kerry Packer was in charge during Channel 9's 'golden years' of Television he used to make shows based on what viewers wanted and what the sponsors would be willing to pay for... he actually gave a shit about his viewers... hence the reason that Channel 9 used to be the main ratings winner all the time in those days... when he died Channel 9's slow decline into the depths of shitfulness was inevitable... hence the reason that they are so shit now... as I said... I hate Channel 9... cheers.

No idea, maybe it's a scheduling issue/conflict with another show.

...as I said above Timmydownawell... "they buy a product just so that another Channel can't use it and treat it like throwaway shit and screen it at apppalling times just to rub it in"... I believe that's the reason that they bought the rights to Big Brother too... just so that another Channel couldn't use it to compete with their already established shows... that's why they are holding onto the rights too even though they aren't actually producing and airing the show... just so somebody like Channel 10 can't make a great show out of it... as I also said... Channel 9 are capable of ANYTHING!... I hate Channel 9... cheers.

To be honest I hated them then too, their "Still the One" promos were so arrogant. I was relieved that Seven started to beat them (and have continued to dominate without resorting to such smugness).

...haha!... I hear what you're saying my friend... I couldn't agree more... cheers.

Well that sucks. The late timeslot, and Nine having it means it won't be on Foxtel or GO, who fast-track it within a day, not a week.

Yeah, weird decision. And they haven't advertised it either that I've seen, the spiteful bastards! It was great on Go! the same day (bearing in mind time differences between the States and us). I started to have faith in Nine, the last few seasons, and they usually had a repeat or two as well.

It gets a bit worse for some... there's been an update:

Survivor has a new timeslot of 10pm Thursdays (Syd / Bris) following The Footy Show from September 29 (10:30pm Melb / Ade / Per).

And of course "10pm" means 10.10. or 10.18 or whatever.

It was also mentioned in the lounge there that he'd wanted to give our the info earlier re when/where, but had been emargoed!

It gets a bit worse for some... there's been an update:

Survivor has a new timeslot of 10pm Thursdays (Syd / Bris) following The Footy Show from September 29 (10:30pm Melb / Ade / Per).

And of course "10pm" means 10.10. or 10.18 or whatever.

It was also mentioned in the lounge there that he'd wanted to give our the info earlier re when/where, but had been emargoed!
So if you guys want to talk about US survivor I will wait to post anything until someone from Australia posts?

Back