Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2019) - Episode 22 Discussion

Was a surprising but smart move by Luke, especially as Pia, Harry and Baden now all owe him something going into the final 4 as he basically could have orchestratred any of them leaving. Of course though Luke still needs to win immunity at F4 (and has given himself the best chance) and arguably would have been better holding back the advantage as I think it was still valid (though from a production point of view not very interesting if it allowed him to send himself back to camp).

As for the Champions - if they really all do want a Champion to win then surely for Pia and Luke taking each other to the end makes no sense as if they vote on tribal lines (and they probably won't - the jury is usually much fairer than that) it guarantees the win. I think right now if they had to pick someone to take to final 2 they'd all pick Baden.

Looking at scenarios for tribal you have to think if Luke doesn't win immunity the others have to send him home. His only chance really is convincing Harry that neither Pia or Baden would take him to Final 2 (not that Luke would either) and forcing a tie, which I think then goes to fire making IIRC. If Luke wins immunity I'd assume Harry is favourite to go, but Harry has been favourite to go since about the final 15.

Yes Abbey was a challenge threat, but Pia is far more of a threat to winning the lot, and I'd be taking any chance possible to get rid of her.
But Luke's goal is to get to the final tribal council. To do that he needs to win immunities and Abbey is the main person who would stand in the way of that. In an immunity challenge, odds are he beats Pia.

Was a surprising but smart move by Luke, especially as Pia, Harry and Baden now all owe him something going into the final 4 as he basically could have orchestratred any of them leaving. Of course though Luke still needs to win immunity at F4 (and has given himself the best chance) and arguably would have been better holding back the advantage as I think it was still valid (though from a production point of view not very interesting if it allowed him to send himself back to camp).

As for the Champions - if they really all do want a Champion to win then surely for Pia and Luke taking each other to the end makes no sense as if they vote on tribal lines (and they probably won't - the jury is usually much fairer than that) it guarantees the win. I think right now if they had to pick someone to take to final 2 they'd all pick Baden.

Looking at scenarios for tribal you have to think if Luke doesn't win immunity the others have to send him home. His only chance really is convincing Harry that neither Pia or Baden would take him to Final 2 (not that Luke would either) and forcing a tie, which I think then goes to fire making IIRC. If Luke wins immunity I'd assume Harry is favourite to go, but Harry has been favourite to go since about the final 15.

I think Baden is a lock for runner up.

Even though he's had plenty of coverage on the show and has made numerous posts about his time on survivor on reddit, i still have no clue what Baden's strategy has been in this game.

At least with the others it's clear what they were trying to do. But not so much with Baden.

I think I saw a spoiler on the
"Who will win?", with a picture of 3 - no Baden
69855957_10157865513804684_973059363855925248_n.jpg
in the supermarket this morning :(
I hope not and that they are clueless.

Exactly right, meglos.

Why does every neighbours guest these days have to be a villain? It's just bad writing.

They are probably just clueless and picked the most visible people on the show. Although there is no way of telling if it is a real spoiler until we see the next episode.

I'm sure I wasn't the only person to notice that the cameraman was focusing on the advantage spot in the tree so Luke looked there.

It was like Luke wanted to make the whole tribal about himself. But finally we did get a wtf moment in this season, I normally expect it in this version. Last year was Sharn's stupidity and this year was Abbey's and also Luke really (though I was thankful when he didn't save Pia lol) I guess Abbey just didn't trust Harry when she should have, but Luke left the door open to get rid of Pia. A comedy of errors. But unlike some previous funny moments, this one seemed to fall flat, I think it was because it was both sides playing it stupidly and none of it made much sense with what we saw leading up to the tribal. I like surprises but they need some logic within them, and Abbey was shown fully on board with Harry, and Luke seemed to be with Pia.

I'm sure I wasn't the only person to notice that the cameraman was focusing on the advantage spot in the tree so Luke looked there.

It was like Luke wanted to make the whole tribal about himself. But finally we did get a wtf moment in this season, I normally expect it in this version. Last year was Sharn's stupidity and this year was Abbey's and also Luke really (though I was thankful when he didn't save Pia lol) I guess Abbey just didn't trust Harry when she should have, but Luke left the door open to get rid of Pia. A comedy of errors. But unlike some previous funny moments, this one seemed to fall flat, I think it was because it was both sides playing it stupidly and none of it made much sense with what we saw leading up to the tribal. I like surprises but they need some logic within them, and Abbey was shown fully on board with Harry, and Luke seemed to be with Pia.

but luke's the greatest player ever because he has kids with autism and calls himself king of the jungle every five minutes.

Back