Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2018) - Episode 6 Discussion

So I guess we can safely assume this exit was PLANNED ALL ALONG. The sceptic bitch in me hates all these convenient occurences. I mean, who gives someone else their immunity idol to keep? In Survivor? Someone planning to leave, THAT'S WHAT. So calling shenanigans! As usual LOL.

I hadn't actually thought of this. But you make a really interesting point. Perhaps Moana was considering leaving earlier than we've been led to believe.

I know producers rig these sort of things, like with Kim on Love Island, but I wouldn't have thought it'd happen on Survivor.

So very interesting.

ooh, conspiracy theory. I love this lol.

Yup Survivor, not only am I watching you, I'M WATCHING YOU.

HiddenDeadHarborseal-max-1mb.gif

Who's most likely to be gay this season? I have an idea but won't be sharing. :hilarious:

Well Moana is an admitted lesbyterian. Jenna I can't recall, but she uuhhh fits the description, and someone gave her an Asian daughter.

But if I'm honest none of the guys are really pinging for me. Robbie might let a bro help him out but I don't see him reciprocating.

Careful! I am pretty sure that Alex M reads this forum. Probably would take a lot of offence to that comment. Ha ha.

Ewww didn't know he was involved in the oiland. But he can't take offence as I know for a fact that elimination was set up.

Well Moana is an admitted lesbyterian. Jenna I can't recall, but she uuhhh fits the description, and someone gave her an Asian daughter.

But if I'm honest none of the guys are really pinging for me. Robbie might let a bro help him out but I don't see him reciprocating.

Ewww didn't know he was involved in the oiland. But he can't take offence as I know for a fact that elimination was set up.

Couldn't see it with the girls. The only guy who would be pinging for me would be Benji. His Instagram is pretty good as well. https://www.instagram.com/benji.blue/?hl=en . I don't think Robbie is anywhere near it.

Of course Alex M is involved in Love Island. He was the executive producer after all.

So I guess we can safely assume this exit was PLANNED ALL ALONG. The sceptic bitch in me hates all these convenient occurences. I mean, who gives someone else their immunity idol to keep? In Survivor? Someone planning to leave, THAT'S WHAT. So calling shenanigans! As usual LOL.

...convenient occurrences indeed... why was Shane all of a sudden so intent in finding an idol?... was she told by Producers to search for one?... you may be onto something there davidftw...

If Mat really wanted Moana to stay, why didn't he play the idol for her?

...because he's not the nice guy that he's portraying himself to be as I have said all the way along?... I don't like him... I don't trust him either...

I'm at a loss as to why producers put a second idol into play for the Champions, unless it was pure shenanigans and done in the knowledge Shane was (then) next on the block and done purely to protect her.

...yup!... precisely my friend... she was almost manic in the way that she was looking around and under that table when they were all looking wasn't she?... it was quite odd behaviour on her part for sure...

He ain't stupid, he probably put something nast in her food. :sneaky:

...as I said... I would never trust him... he's a sly little shit as far as I'm concerned... cheers.

If he has it, it's technically his.

Really? I thought the ownership was the person who found the idol, and that was definitely her. On that basis he couldn't use it and it would be void. If they have different rules ok, but that's the normal rule I'm sure. Lisa on the NZ version took Matt's idol but it was still his I think.

If they do vote her out instead of her leaving that's a medivac and quit we've been gypped of.

Two medivacs now really, they have gone to the vote but both were leaving.

I thought previews weren't supposed to be discussed in the thread, I know they probably didn't spoil much at the start of the thread but they might eventually so best to keep comments on them to the preview thread.

It's been a comedy of errors to me. At least Russell could find the idol more surreptitiously and though he revealed it did it with a purpose (to stop them throwing the challenge). Here we've had someone who found a clue but let people see it in his back pocket, Moana letting someone else know about it (her ally I know, but I don't think it was needed), and Shane just like Steve very obviously looking for one in front of people, even when she finds it she makes it obvious. It did look like they were going to vote Moana as she basically said she wanted to be out, so playing the idol was arguably a bad move as well. She won't stop being a target by playing it.

If Moana was able to transfer possession of the idol to someone else I don't think we were shown that, we were just told she gave it over for safe keeping. It wouldn't make much sense to just give it to someone else as everyone has to protect their own game anyway, maybe if it was near the end of the game and someone had more than one idol. But then it would look better to the jury if you play it for someone at tribal council. One thing I'm definitely sure of, there can't be joint ownership.

Apparently Anita has left the Australian Survivor facebook group due to reading the comments about her.

...ha!... what?... did she forget that we're all sitting here and are watching her bitchy-arsed actions or something?... it's not a hard formula to follow... if you don't want to read nasty things about yourself then don't do nasty things behind peoples backs on National TV... simple!... hey Anita... come onto these forums and read what we're saying... you'll be chucking a huff even more dear girl... be nice and you will be treated nice you silly girl... cheers.

Really? I thought the ownership was the person who found the idol, and that was definitely her. On that basis he couldn't use it and it would be void. If they have different rules ok, but that's the normal rule I'm sure. Lisa on the NZ version took Matt's idol but it was still his I think.

Once Mat put it in his bag, no-one can touch it. In one the early US shows they used to snoop in each other's bag to see if they had an idol, and I think someone even pinched one once. But they put a stop to that and you can't take an idol from someone's bag. Once Moana willingly handed the idol to him, he was under no obligation to ever give it back. It takes a lot of trust to do that, and when there is $500k at stake, it's a pretty silly thing to do.

If Moana was able to transfer possession of the idol to someone else I don't think we were shown that, we were just told she gave it over for safe keeping. It wouldn't make much sense to just give it to someone else as everyone has to protect their own game anyway, maybe if it was near the end of the game and someone had more than one idol. But then it would look better to the jury if you play it for someone at tribal council. One thing I'm definitely sure of, there can't be joint ownership.
This is why it seems suss. Maybe she was already sick and wanted to quit so she gave it to Mat, so that they could "vote her out" at their next TC (which was like four days later because they won the next immunity challenge).

Back