Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2018) - Episode 24 FINALE Discussion

I *THINK* the Final 2 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vegemite is DIVINE. On sandwiches, on toast, on crispbreads, with lots of butter and cheese...
Mr Stickyfinger's pommy heritage means he'll never understand, and Marmite just ain't the same.

...haha!... spot on Meglos... I have no idea on how anyone can eat either Vegemite or Marmite lol!... and yes... it is my 'Pommyness' for sure methinks!... I tried in once... and only once... lol!... although... when I make toast and let it go cold and then spread Vegemite on it and then place it Vegemite face down in my pond... the Koi Carp go absolutely mental... they tear that piece of toast to shreds to get to the Vegemite... they are like Piranha's lol!... so I guess that it must be good for all of you that eat it then?... lol!... cheers.

...haha!... spot on Meglos... I have no idea on how anyone can eat either Vegemite or Marmite lol!... and yes... it is my 'Pommyness' for sure methinks!... I tried in once... and only once... lol!... although... when I make toast and let it go cold and then spread Vegemite on it and then place it Vegemite face down in my pond... the Koi Carp go absolutely mental... they tear that piece of toast to shreds to get to the Vegemite... they are like Piranha's lol!... so I guess that it must be good for all of you that eat it then?... lol!... cheers.

Ooh, you have a pond. I have indoor aquariums, but my mum has a pond full of shubunkins and other goldfish. I must find out if they like vegemite toast.

Just got around to watching the reunion. Wow Mat was bitter. And him seriously saying that Sharn cost him the game when he cost himself the game by not playing his idol. He is delusional.

Yes, he could learn a thing or two from Steve about leaving the gameplay in the game and not carrying the bitterness. Sharn TRIED to play the idol for Mat until she was tricked by Benji into saving herself, it's not like she switched sides.

I watched a bit of the reunion & Mat was bitter & twisted.

Did he really think he would win.

I have had the misfortune of meeting his wife Chloe Maxwell & she isn't a nice person.

She swanns around like she is the queen of the world.

A shame for the charity they founded 4 ASD Kids.

Shane winning, reminds me of Terri Munro winning Big Brother in 2008.

I am still bitter & twisted she won. lol

...Kaz... she works in the Meat department in Coles in the town next to us... she isn't very tall and smiles a lot lol!... part of the job I guess?... cheers.

I actually saw BBAU 2008 a few years later off youtube, a binge right after binging through the 2007 one. I liked both and my favourite was Brigitte for the second one. I remember the 2008 one had some twists and that kind of thing can divide opinion but I enjoyed the varied cast and the cast being kept off balance. When Big Brother restarted I could tell the budget had been slashed.

The Reunion was better than I thought it would be. Really we'd seen plenty of promotion of Shane in recent episodes and they didn't go overboard in this. An obvious miss was the Shonella/Benji alliance they preferred to totally concentrate on King Grub and miss the earlier part. They didn't mention that the nachos idol was actually based very much on a US season, and I with they'd talked of the one where he had to go across to another island at night as that interested me more. They were making out Benji to be the villain though Brian played that too. Jackie was useless. The major move of the season had to be Benji conning Sharn and that did get some time.

They wanted Russell to be the villain originally, but when he went earlier than planned they had to twist that into him being the idiot. In putting the hat near to the fire Benji seemed to be making a tribute to Russell and the Heroes v Villains season. It's strange that they don't understand that revealing the idol was so they wouldn't just throw the challenge, and there was actually suspense at the tribal which was good for the show, it was a complicated vote which they didn't examine. There were obviously many idol related mistakes this season including the winner Shane's comical searches (not mentioned) and Sharn totally being bluffed by Benji.

I still prefer Shonee to Fenella, she always seems to have more to say, and I don't really understand why she wasn't targeted first.

Apparently Zach was the most controversial Australian player ever, yet I hardly remember him.

Can we do a poll? Would you let Sharn represent you in court? The options are No and Hell No.
In court, she isn't the client, on here she was the client. Changes the goal posts in a way.

Exactly.....and one of the reasons to never represent yourself

I would hire her in a heartbeat, more to keep me out of court than anything, she has been brilliant at keeping herself in the game when all the odds were against her often.
I have found it fascinating watching Sharn, and how differently she played from the younger less experienced lawyers from previous series, they were great players but lacked Sharn's more subtle powers, she has been great.

And poor woman lost it when Matt blamed her for his fuck up, there is only so much dumb you can work with.....
And I was like Sharn, WTF, Matt you should be talking me up not down I almost saved your stupid arse, tried my best, and you have the nerve to blame me???
F..k you Matt
I think Sharn gave up in frustration, lawyers can become frustrated with normal life arguing there are no proper rules and people are ridiculous

OMG I am trying to watch 10's morning show for possible Survivor stuff.........this show is still hideous and needs to be blown up never to dirty my screen again
It is a bit like a retirement home..........old fools with nowhere else to go, KAK ick she is a moronic bully.....watching her with Chaser person, and he looks at her like, a dumb croc is snapping at him

Last edited:
Sorry guys about the lack of comments from me recently, been busy with other things.
Anyway, enjoyed the finale, Shane was a deserving winner, and most relieved that King Grub didn't get his hands on the 500K.
Huge ratings for Channel 10 last night, and they're casting for 2019.
Superior production values to the U.S franchise, in my opinion, and Jonathan's nicely grown into the role of host.
As for the jury, yeah, thought too that Matt was a trifle bitter.
Sam - love that guy, hoping the ABC might recruit him for one of their science shows, the next Brian Cox.

OMG
Listening to what Shane won swimming, I was a little dumbfounded, surely that cannot be right......so checking, and....
WTF Shane is a LEGEND because she did what no other mortal has done before or since, that i know of

She won:
the short distances 100 & 200; and world records
mid distances 400, world record
long distances 1500, record

Nobody does long and short, nobody, even Thorpe did short and mid, never long distances

The long and short distances require totally different methods and talent

She was a miracle, and just a kid........so glad she gets a bit of cash to make her life comfortable, should get Tv sports work for she is lovely and charismatic.

QUOTE.......Off the top of my head...
Shane - Shonee, Fenella, Mat, Monika, Brian
Sharn - Robbie, Samuel, Benji, Steve

Interesting votes.........
The Grubs, plus Mat, voted AGAINST SHARN, they were never going to let Sharn win
The footy blokes would prefer sporting legend win over themselves, and they both reverted to blokey,sexist,footy thinking....
All of that shit about loyalty was dreamed up by jocks to excuse them not voting for being outplayed

No wonder Sharn gave up in the end, she could see there is no logic with footy codes of bullshit

Admirers of the game all voted for Sharn

Interesting votes.........
The Grubs, plus Mat, voted AGAINST SHARN, they were never going to let Sharn win
Mat's misguided bitterness cost Sharn the win. If he was going to be pissed off with someone for getting voted out, start with Benji and then yourself, Mat! Dickhead.

Anyway I don't begrudge Shane for winning. Sharn earns a very healthy income, so a tax-free $500k for Shane will be a nice bonus. Good for her. And better still, Brain didn't get it. Ha.

Yeah i am glad Shane won, always wanted her to win

But, it sucks the stupid shit they put out there to justify never letting a lawyer beat a sporting champ

AND the Reunion.......lacked a big something................focus on how well the women did getting rid of all the males but one
AND no conversation about tactics and, did you women consider going all female earlier????

AND the Reunion.......lacked a big something................focus on how well the women did getting rid of all the males but one
AND no conversation about tactics and, did you women consider going all female earlier????
There are always going to be questions you wish they asked but didn't. This reunion was WAY ahead of the recent US ones... Probst hardly addresses any of the contestants, they waste time with irrelevant cross promotions and talk to random audience members asking for their opinions. I honestly wonder why they even bother having a reunion any more because it's got nothing on their older seasons.

I don't begrudge Shane winning and would have been happy if Sharn did, but as a fan of the game I would have voted for Shane, who played a better social game. Sharn made too many mistakes, including making a balls-up of the final speeches and answers. I'm surprised Samuel voted for her given the flaws in her logic.

The edit and storyline they pitch has always heavily guided opinions on Survivor and it was interesting how Brian became the loveable King Grub yet the reality was he was a 'villain' who wasn't trustable. Benji was promoted as that instead after Russell left and that was meant to be his role in the end.

Shane simply didn't didn't have many concrete points to push, and nothing post-merge. She went on about being a snake without really having much evidence, she won more based on not upsetting people which is the opposite of a snake.

Back