Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2018) - Episode 19 Discussion

No spoilers please, and I think if anyone wants that information they should't be playing the tipping game.

I agree. I am sure that some of the participants who are at the top end of the tipping game probably already have access to that information. 🙄

Let's not forget that Odette was tipped to be F2 for quite a while before she got booted last year. And the betting odds were wrong too (thankfully).
Although I'd be a liar if I said I didn't tip Odette to win for several weeks though based on that. My bad.

Nah, @Affable, I really don't think anyone could be bothered to cheat......hell most of us cannot even remember who/what we tipped

Some are more clever at survivor trends, have watched USA for decades, and having some luck

I know my success, being 2nd tier close to the top tipper, is all luck, I find it surprising when I get something right

What I hate most about tipping, is if you are on the wrong track, likely you get zero,
tipping for 2 days in advance, I am often wiped out on the very first tip.......that gets frustrating, but I just let it go, I am doing way better than last year
In both the last and this series I got the oldest person in my sweep, thank goodness Shane is better at sticking around than stupid Tarzan last year

Let's not forget that Odette was tipped to be F2 for quite a while before she got booted last year. And the betting odds were wrong too (thankfully).
Although I'd be a liar if I said I didn't tip Odette to win for several weeks though based on that. My bad.

I remember the rumour leaking even though I didn't want it. But at that stage everyone was like "what's an Odette?" and thankfully after contributing a "Woo!" she was gone.

Nah, @Affable, I really don't think anyone could be bothered to cheat......hell most of us cannot even remember who/what we tipped

Some are more clever at survivor trends, have watched USA for decades, and having some luck

I know my success, being 2nd tier close to the top tipper, is all luck, I find it surprising when I get something right

What I hate most about tipping, is if you are on the wrong track, likely you get zero,
tipping for 2 days in advance, I am often wiped out on the very first tip.......that gets frustrating, but I just let it go, I am doing way better than last year
In both the last and this series I got the oldest person in my sweep, thank goodness Shane is better at sticking around than stupid Tarzan last year

I didn't think there would be cheating but then again, I know what some of the top tippers are like as people, so it wouldn't surprise me if they are/were cheating. Don't worry - I am not referring to you either, ha ha.

I hate that I get zero every week. Learnt to deal with it though. Sometimes I wonder whether tipping is really worth it when the result is going to be zero for me anyway. 😆

Reactions: kxk
I didn't think there would be cheating but then again, I know what some of the top tippers are like as people, so it wouldn't surprise me if they are/were cheating. Don't worry - I am not referring to you either, ha ha.

I hate that I get zero every week. Learnt to deal with it though. Sometimes I wonder whether tipping is really worth it when the result is going to be zero for me anyway. 😆
It's all a bit of fun. Excruciating when Hans was coming third, admittedly, but that just goes to show anyone could potentially win, even if you have no idea. As @kxk says, it would be easier if there was only one episode a week. I don't think I could open separate tipping for Monday and Tuesday because you'd have less than 24 hours to get them in.

It's all a bit of fun. Excruciating when Hans was coming third, admittedly, but that just goes to show anyone could potentially win, even if you have no idea. As @kxk says, it would be easier if there was only one episode a week. I don't think I could open separate tipping for Monday and Tuesday because you'd have less than 24 hours to get them in.

Hans placing third means that luck is beating most of us.

The 24 hour option may be a good idea (and if people don't like it they can tip in advance?). All up to you though. Do it however you prefer. :D

Hans placing third means that luck is beating most of us.

The 24 hour option may be a good idea (and if people don't like it they can tip in advance?). All up to you though. Do it however you prefer. :D
Hans took a tumble last week! But yeah maybe I could take tips for both nights, and then allow changes for Tuesday's show up until 3pm Tuesday. (I would not publish the Tuesday tips until them ofc). Maybe something to consider next year.

For me the tipping is purely a bit of fun. It gives you someone specific to barrack for in the episode and lots of opportunities for banter. The minute I take it too seriously is the time to bow out. I have enough stress factors in my life already.
Having said that I tipped Steve for winning reward and must admit to a bit if a curse word when I found dead man walking is ineligible.

For me the tipping is purely a bit of fun. It gives you someone specific to barrack for in the episode and lots of opportunities for banter. The minute I take it too seriously is the time to bow out. I have enough stress factors in my life already.
Having said that I tipped Steve for winning reward and must admit to a bit if a curse word when I found dead man walking is ineligible.
I'm glad you enjoy the tipping. I don't think anyone takes it too seriously... well I hope not! Have to maintain a sense of humour, I think.

I'm going to make a note for next year if I do it again, that Tuesday tips won't be posted until after 3pm Tuesday and players can submit/change them right up until then.

I'm glad you enjoy the tipping. I don't think anyone takes it too seriously... well I hope not! Have to maintain a sense of humour, I think.

I'm going to make a note for next year if I do it again, that Tuesday tips won't be posted until after 3pm Tuesday and players can submit/change them right up until then.

...qtkt... you nailed it with your outlook to the tipping competition... this is pure fun for me and that's the way that it should be for me and everyone else too... and Timmy my friend... "IF I do it again"?... IF?... the tipping comp is an iconic event each season now... and Hans... what will these forums be without Hans?... Hans is a star now so you cannot possibly retire him my friend... it just wouldn't be the same Timmy lol!... us whinging and whining about the Castaways not doing what we are tipping makes the fun better than the show itself... 'if' indeed!... we love you for it my friend... although... if it's too much for you and you would want the break I do understand... I could never run something like this... I'd be drinking a bottle of Rum per day instead of the odd glass lol!... thanks so much for doing it for us my friend... we really do appreciate it... cheers.

Well tbh I don't know what the next year will bring or where I'll be. I could be living in an inappropriate time zone by then for all I know. All my options are open.

Well tbh I don't know what the next year will bring or where I'll be. I could be living in an inappropriate time zone by then for all I know. All my options are open.

...aaaah!... I see now Timmy... that's fair enough my friend... oh dear... if you are unable to do the sweep then perhaps Consuela might consider it?... nudge nudge wink wink lol!... oh well... we'll see when that time comes Timmy... thanks for telling me my friend... I understand now... cheers.

Back