Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Week 1 - Episode 1 & 2 Discussion

Well colour me amazed. As a Survivor veteran of every season but one, i was expecting very little from our latest attempt at it.
So I was extremely pleased to see that they replicated everything that works from the American formula, while still giving it a slight local twist. Hugely enjoyable, and LaPaglia was much better than expected in chanelling Jeff Probst.
The cast is too big and it will be a while before the real contenders emerge, but Des made an immediate impact, and I had a feeling he would either be gone first or win it. My faves at this stage are Conner (despite the rookie accident), grandma lady (Sue?), the two superfit do-everything guys (Nick and Sam), sassy gay guy, and especially oddball Evan.

Sassy gay guy reminds me of that guy that was a 'sensation' on Idol? for his mouth opening in shock.

Sassy gay guy reminds me of that guy that was a 'sensation' on Idol? for his mouth opening in shock.

This guy? It was Australia's Got Talent
images

I think it will be interesting with 24 contestants, and spread over 55 days with more episodes. American Survivor is spread over 39 days. Those extra couple of weeks will really test their mental and physical strength, so will be interesting to see how they cope towards the end, and who will be worthy of being in the final 3.:)

I'm so keen for the next episode. Kudos on them producing a really well-rounded and engaging first ep.

Not even I'm A Celebrity had me this hooked from the immediate get-go. Actually that didn't even keep me hooked for very long at all. Too much fluff (and Julia needs to go).

Survivor is off to a great start!

I cannot wait for the next episode either. I know it is probably better in the long run for 2 episodes a week but right now I am addicted and want more, more, more!

My favourites are currently Rohan, Lee, Sue, Kristie and Kylie (and Des before he was voted off)

At the moment I dislike Kat, Sam (he is too bogan and reminds me of Travis from Big Brother 2014) and Flick.

Des killed his chances when he did not help out on the first day and I think the line of him pointing out that he really disliked Kat as a person at times at the tribal council was the final nail in the coffin. I cannot blame the others though. He would have been a big pain to live with but he would have been great entertainment for the viewers if he survived.

On the superficial side I really like Rohan and he seems like a nice guy as well. Lee has amazing abs. Like I die every time they show him narrating with his shirt off. :dead:

Shame I am so time behind and can't chat when the show is on - but I really think this show is going to be awesome. Des was silly and stupid to play the way he did ..... oh well, he was setting himself as a loser from the start!

I see no one special, as yet ..........

Sue seems like a cool woman. I just hope that if her tribe ends up in tribal council that the others won't vote her off just because she is "old". Boo to the young ones voting off the oldies. :madd:

I cannot wait for the next episode either. I know it is probably better in the long run for 2 episodes a week but right now I am addicted and want more, more, more!

My favourites are currently Rohan, Lee, Sue, Kristie and Kylie (and Des before he was voted off)

At the moment I dislike Kat, Sam (he is too bogan and reminds me of Travis from Big Brother 2014) and Flick.

Des killed his chances when he did not help out on the first day and I think the line of him pointing out that he really disliked Kat as a person at times at the tribal council was the final nail in the coffin. I cannot blame the others though. He would have been a big pain to live with but he would have been great entertainment for the viewers if he survived.

On the superficial side I really like Rohan and he seems like a nice guy as well. Lee has amazing abs. Like I die every time they show him narrating with his shirt off. :dead:

I liked Rohan and Lee too now that you mention them, they just didn't feature much in the narrative yet.

Is Rohan a common name in Australia because I have never heard of it in the US?
I've heard it quite a bit. That, or an alternate spelling with Rowan.

Off the top of my head I can think of two... didn't we have a BBAU contestant named Rohan during Nine's era? And there's a well-known musical theatre actor Rohan who's currently leading the Singin' In The Rain national tour. Haha.

I've heard it quite a bit. That, or an alternate spelling with Rowan.

Off the top of my head I can think of two... didn't we have a BBAU contestant named Rohan during Nine's era? And there's a well-known musical theatre actor Rohan who's currently leading the Singin' In The Rain national tour. Haha.
Rowan in the US is usually a girls name. I've never heard of a Rohan before Tim Dormers season of BBAUs.

GET ROHAN OUT

LOL. (literal) That Tully sure gets around.

Oh, I am so glad they've done this well. I love Ten! Can't wait for tonight.

Pity Dezza is out as I could listen to his growly comments all day. "That Kat. She looks like one of the caffaylartay set from Manly!" But he really did himself no favours not helping/directing the building of the shelter on the first day.

Gorgeous production values. I'm so happy. Hopefully the bogans with the ratings boxes will catch up - like lemmings they mostly turned to the familiar roll-on of The Block. Ugh. Morons. I want this show to rate its arse off!. Anyway, it's on and they have done a brilliant job. Loving La Paglia - I like him better in this than in the straight roles I've seen in him. They've splashed out on helicopters for aerial shots. It's just gorgeous.

Back