Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Week 1 - Episode 1 & 2 Discussion

...bye cranky old guy... he had death marked out all over him once I picked him out at the beginning of the show as someone that I liked lol!... he never had a chance!... hahaha!... cheers.

Great first episode. Hopefully ratings are good.

...yes I totally agree... it seems that any Reality Show that Channel 10 produce is always brilliant!... they all seem to have a great 'vibe' to them... I loved it and will definitely be watching the entire series for sure!... what nights are it on?... is it every night like 'get me outta here'?... cheers.

That was very well done, good on ya 10
You guys who are Survivor virgins - how have you avoided it if you like RTV?

I don't watch every single series, sometime I'm not in the mood, don't like the people or some weird twist - they mix it up a lot so we don't get bored.

And wow, watch some old series, some are just amazing. Some contestants are amazing. Some of the locations are so fantastic.

I have loved a lot of contestants, some are just gorgeous people, some are very clever strategists, and some are disgusting.
My dear brother watched every second he adored survivor.

Haha, literally ANYONE could have hosted this show. It's 80% rote word for word Probst. :laugh:

Can' t pick a winner yet although I have a soft spot for Suicide Prevention Charity Guy. :kiss: ETA: Sam

Get Kat and her smudged eyeliner panda eyes off my television. :panda:

The firefighter chick is ace, so fit.:thumbsup: ETA: Kylie.

Overall assessment: there were too many frickin ads.

Last edited:

...I remember watching the first ever series for about I dunno... probably 8 - 10 episodes what?... 20 years or more ago?... I just couldn't handle the egotesticle big-mouthed macho men on there at the time and it totally put me off the show.... I've never come back to it since until some said on the 'Masterchef' thread that maybe I should give it a go... I'm so happy that they suggested that... the show was great!.... I'll be staying now for sure... cheers.

I can't do American RTV. I just can't stand watching it. I've tried numerous times over the years with many different shows but I always feel that they're somewhat contrived and "forced". I just can't get into it. Maybe it's a culture thing.

Australian RTV all the way! (And to an extent, UK RTV.)

I was just never able to stick with the US version, I'd watch about 3 or 4 weeks and think that's enough.

But I agree with Sticky and the Theorist there's something about the American attitudes that puts me off. Same reason I have no interest in BBUS, after a few weeks I don't really like anyone.

Haha, literally ANYONE could have hosted this show. It's 80% rote word for word Probst. :laugh:

Can' t pick a winner yet although I have a soft spot for Suicide Prevention Charity Guy. :kiss: ETA: Sam

Get Kat and her smudged eyeliner panda eyes off my television. :panda:

The firefighter chick is ace, so fit.:thumbsup: ETA: Kylie.

Overall assessment: there were too many frickin ads.
I like Sam too!

proxy.jpg

Australian SurvivorVerified account ‏@Survivor_AU 1h1 hour ago
Welcome to our very first tribal council.
1f525.png
1f4dc.png
Who would you vote out? #SurvivorAU

CqYM-1SW8AAbNhA.jpg

As a massive fan of US Survivor I have seen all 32 seasons and counting... I was really impressed with the production of this first episode. It is basically identical to the US show which I was hoping would be the case because the format/production of the US show is perfect(It hasn't lasted 32+ seasons for nothing!). I think the host struggled a little bit but he will grow into the role. I'd like to see him try to develop his own personality as opposed to being a carbon copy/poor man's Jeff Probst but, again, I think that will sort of happen naturally as he becomes more comfortable in the role. Acting as a carbon copy of Jeff Probst to start off with isn't the worst idea as Jeff is so good at his job.

Des was a good character but he is the kind of Survivor character that is perfect as an early boot. I think the cast and season has a bucketload of potential. Great location and great scenery. Looking forward to watching this unfold.

This cast is way bloated.

I can barely remember any specific thing about anyone except for Sam having a tattoo and being a good swimmer, Kat is bossy, Connor (or is it Callum?) is pretty much exactly the kind of person I'd be.

Someone is a mum who sees crying as strength. One of the girls on Connor/Callum(?)'s tribe (blue?) is a firefighter. About 18 of them seem to be former-Army reserve.

Apart from that, it was a good start. I like how they've made it about survival rather than strategy in the early days. It feels so old-school in that regard.

Back