Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 7 Discussion

If you are going to watch one season, try Pearl Islands. It's old but it has some of the most famous characters like Rupert, Ozzy, etc. You could also watch Cagayan- brains, v brawn v beauty.

...oh okay Rose711... thanks for that my sweet... much appreciated... my curiosity with any form of Survivor is now on a high for the reasons of such interesting characters and such remarkable scenery shots as fillers... they are amazing!... so when this series finishes I will be onto it for sure... cheers.

What!?

I love her! Have since the first time she was at the Melbourne Comedy Festival.
On the show I feel as if she's trying too hard to be funny and to steal the limelight. Mind you, Ed does that all the time. My favourite female is Kitty.

Are they merging or just swapping into 2 tribes? The latter I think. The show is doing a good job of mixing people up.
I US Survivir there are rarely ties because people fear the random rock draw.

This season is good.

They need to up their social media game and not tweet spoilers of their own show!

...oh okay Rose711... thanks for that my sweet... much appreciated... my curiosity with any form of Survivor is now on a high for the reasons of such interesting characters and such remarkable scenery shots as fillers... they are amazing!... so when this series finishes I will be onto it for sure... cheers.
I think Survivor is the best cinematography of any US regular ( not nature) show. The nature and island shots are breathtaking esp. when watching in the winter and there are gorgeous island shots. We don't have water like that here.

One word Mr Sticky.
Coach.
I offer you 10 minutes of this man.
I offer you..
...THE DRAGON SLAYER.
Funniest I've seen on Survivor.
Tocantins is a great season too: JT, Tyson, Taj, Coach and Stephen. Stephen is one of the know it alls on the podcast. He played again a year ago in second chances.

I think Survivor is the best cinematography of any US regular ( not nature) show. The nature and island shots are breathtaking esp. when watching in the winter and there are gorgeous island shots. We don't have water like that here.
Absolutely agree. I remember some years ago when digital TV had only been around a year or two, someone on (I think it was) Whirlpool insisted that Survivor would never be shot in widescreen (let alone HD) and their reasons why. I wish I could find that post! None of us were to know that Survivor would be around 15 years and 30-something seasons later... but it really didn't take that long for it to be WS/HD. Even in SD it looks stunning.

How sweet is Sam, yes I know they're an alliance now, but still.........[DOUBLEPOST=1473069121][/DOUBLEPOST]
Stress can cause them.
It could be an infected bug bite? They have not shown a medical procedure like this on US survivor that I can remember, and if they did they would be doing a close up on the pus. They like to have an illusion that they don't see medical or anyone

Sorry for all the posts in a row.

Okay, catching up now. Um, we didn't see Aganoa for literally until the comp?? What's that about? =/
Andrew sits out literally every comp he can? Smh...
Speaking of smh, Aganoa ffs why can you not win ANYTHING I can't with you guys at this point xD
At least my bae El looks very light... so hopefully Aganoa can pull through the win...
Kylie is a fucking beast?? Is that why they're all trying to get her out? Ahhhh well.
Ahhh well, Saanapu you tried but I guess it's bye Nick :( Even though he did the best in that comp but hey :p
He did have some good points, like he definitely is a meat shield.

WAIT A TIE??! Didn't actually see that one coming tbh.
HAHA Shame... nah I'm into it xD Nick is entertaining so I'm okay with this choice xD

Ok so my take on the "episode before merger" (as expected, they merged after 2 weeks)

After Agony suffered another agonizing loss of comforts, Lee broke down over
the hamburgers (ok, and missing his kids), does this signal he may be going soon?

Then the physical challenge. Obviously the team with 5 girls is going to loose
that one to a team with guys. Since the production focused on the blue team and
especially tegan and nick, it was obvious to every viewer who we would see in tribal.
Nevertheless, at least its not another puzzle. no, its three dangling skinny girls.
The challenge was meant to remind the blues they need Nick as a physical player
aka second boy. Meanwhile, as always happens in BBUS - girls alliances are the first to fail..

So Kylie was smart using the idol, but were the blues smart in keeping Nick? They
surely would have guessed a merge will happen seeing as how unbalanced the teams
became after the swap. so why keep Nick (obvious to all as 'a snake') in over Tegan?
who knows. Production knew about the tribe wanting to make Kylie play her immunity
idol. We will never know how Nick was unanimously preffered over Tegan. was it really
only a physical thing from the challenge? or were they directed to vote Tegan out?

A merge will "reshuffle" the cards and probably confuse viewers even more, still
trying to figure who is where and for some - what's their name and who's in their alliance.
In this, there is a terrible format flaw, which may less effect the fans of Survivor,
but does effect the casual viewer trying to relate to the show, as shown in the dismal
ratings compared with the Block, where teams and dynamics can be remembered and
followed easily.

This will have to be addressed if there is to be another season of Survivor AU. Perhaps
2 tribes from the start, with fewer people, but longer periods between evictions, more
strategy and bonds-developing shown, or a "redemption / dead man's island".

Last edited:
Ok so my take on the "episode before merger" (as expected, they merged after 2 weeks)

After Agony suffered another agonizing loss of comforts, Lee broke down over
the hamburgers (ok, and missing his kids), does this signal he may be going soon?

Then the physical challenge. Obviously the team with 5 girls is going to loose
that one to a team with guys. Since the production focused on the blue team and
especially tegan and nick, it was obvious to every viewer who we would see in tribal.
Nevertheless, at least its not another puzzle. no, its three dangling skinny girls.
The challenge was meant to remind the blues they need Nick as a physical player
aka second boy. Meanwhile, as always happens in BBUS - girls alliances are the first to fail..

So Kylie was smart using the idol, but were the blues smart in keeping Nick? They
surely would have guessed a merge will happen seeing as how unbalanced the teams
became after the swap. so why keep Nick (obvious to all as 'a snake') in over Tegan?
who knows. Production knew about the tribe wanting to make Kylie play her immunity
idol. We will never know how Nick was unanimously preffered over Tegan. was it really
only a physical thing from the challenge? or were they directed to vote Tegan out?

A merge will "reshuffle" the cards and probably confuse viewers even more, still
trying to figure who is where and for some - what's their name and who's in their alliance.
In this, there is a terrible format flaw, which may less effect the fans of Survivor,
but does effect the casual viewer trying to relate to the show, as shown in the dismal
ratings compared with the Block, where teams and dynamics can be remembered and
followed easily.

This will have to be addressed if there is to be another season of Survivor AU. Perhaps
2 tribes from the start, with fewer people, but longer periods between evictions, more
strategy and bonds-developing shown, or a "redemption / dead man's island".
I think they are swapping from 3 tribes to 2. I don't understand doing that after just moving four people a few days ago. But it's just semantics.

I completely agree that moving everyone around is a huge problem for the fans. They have only eliminated 6 people and have thrown in a non-elimination, a fake elimination/swap and risky idol clues.

There have been a number of moving parts/ twists already and the show is just starting. I'm wondering how they can sustain this pace of twists. Not to mention the constant tie votes, which is super crazy.

I get the feeling they just want to keep things moving and not focus too much on strategy? These players haven't shown great strategy yet. Probably not many of them know the game well at all: like wearing the idol to tribal. Maybe production thought they had to keep throwing twists in the game to make it more entertaining?

At the same time, I don't think they are designing and using challenges in two days to respond to tribal. I don't think they have time to react to things that quickly. The challenges take a long time to build. Just my opinion.

Despite those complaints, I do think this season is very good. It's a shame more people aren't watching it.

They build the challenges in advance, so of course they can decide
what challenges to use, based on team dynamics.
The blue tribe's girls + 2 weaker guys, were obviously not going to be able to
match the physical ability of sam, rohan, lee, on the other teams.

Last edited:
...I think that it's Tegan going now for some reason... I can feel it in my water... cheers.
Probably because they actually featured her for the first time all series. I'm sure it was the first time I'd heard her speak and a shame she was ultimately sacrificed due to a lame twist.

Much better episode tonight - enjoyed both the challenges. A real shame though they are merging into two tribes already - it would be fine to do now if they hadn't done the swap already, but it has just made a questionable twist even more questionable. Would have been better really if they'd just sent the four who swapped last week to Aganoa and then merged the two other tribes.

I get the feeling though they are just throwing too much at this too soon and treating it like Survivor 33 rather than Australian Survivor 3. Yes, the US version has an audience in Australia which is obviously a key part of the audience for the local version, but many are new to it as well - or haven't really watched a season for a decade. I really think they could have held back on the twists and just had faith in the core format - really do think having the Immunity Idols straight off the bat is an unnecessary complication Would have been better to introduce them once the tribes split into 2 tribes.

Back