Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 16 Discussion

I vote no spoiler. What the show puts out for promos is something to discuss. Bootlists or info not part of the shows promos yes.
But that's just me.

I watch later anyway, but for what it's worth I think spoiler tags are better. I always avoid all the promos I can with any of these kinds of programs.

So Lee has that extra power that could change things if he wants, and he won't use it until just HE needs it I bet

I was thinking about that too, the focus was all on Nick, but Lee also holds an advantage which he could use for one group or another. You would have thought the focus would shift to that now, it should. He directly bid on the advantage as well unlike Nick.

The challenge itself was a variation on the typical Survivor balancing with strength challenge. The US version did a few too many of those a couple of seasons back so I hope they keep with the variety so far in these individual immunities.

Who else is loving the LAME ASS edit Jennah-Louise is getting. She's like a joke now. They even pointed the camera at her when someone said the "some" tribe members are useless af and are coasting by by doing squat.

Maybe she'll find a place later in the edit, plenty of time left. I could yet end up preferring her to others like El, Kristie, Sue, Lee and some gobby ones like Sam or Flick. Not giving up on her yet, too early.

The problem for me is that the core alliance have been together for so long and they haven't had to play under any real threat. It's pretty simple to create an alliance and then keep it going when you don't lose challenges and you aren't swapped to other tribes. Being lucky isnt the same as being good.
They aren't good players, just ok players but really exceptional players like Phoebe are rare.

There can certainly be luck with switches, though Conner helped them when he agreed to switch tribes, it could have been Flick going and then taking Brooke. They also made a good move in bringing in Nick when others ignored him.

I think the problem with those not in the "core alliance" (Flick, Brooke, El) is that they never let two people have a private conversation, makes it hard to plan anything when someone you know is not on your side is hovering in listening distance.
If only they'd been able to fake wanting Nick out, causing him to play his idol and getting one close to the core out. But Kylie and Nick fucked it up big time.

I don't think Nick fucked anything up. He sided with those who have in recent days have accepted him in an alliance, and then he played his idol so he could save his own ass. I can understand why some others would not want to side with someone like Sam though, he just sounds emotionally irrational.

I don't know why but Lee persona of a good guy look/sound fake to me. While Sam have a similar persona/character, he actually seem genuine and real.

Sam just seems blinkered by his hate of Nick. He can go on about some charity he's involved with but I really don't care, he comes across as petty to me. Not the only one though. Sue saying she's sick of hearing Nick speak like he can't speak at tribal, and Lee doing much the same. I just think they hate being called out for their over-emotional bad gameplay. You shouldn't just ally with people you superficially get on with, you should bring in whoever you can to help you.

Idiots - the absolute lot of them. No fans of Flick and Brook but if the rest are so stupid they deserve to go before them. They may be taking out the favourites but fair play to them for not only playing the game but not fucking it up either.

This tribal though was ruined by the unnecessary pre-vote chat - it was almost set up to force Nick to play his idol, though if Sam and Lee had kept their mouths shut they might have got away with it. Agree though Flick or Brook would have been the better target considering they're calling the shots. I do think Sam's days are numbered now.

Idiots - the absolute lot of them. No fans of Flick and Brook but if the rest are so stupid they deserve to go before them. They may be taking out the favourites but fair play to them for not only playing the game but not fucking it up either.

This tribal though was ruined by the unnecessary pre-vote chat - it was almost set up to force Nick to play his idol, though if Sam and Lee had kept their mouths shut they might have got away with it. Agree though Flick or Brook would have been the better target considering they're calling the shots. I do think Sam's days are numbered now.

Yes. I think Jonathan pushes too hard with his leading questi0ns, forcing them into revealing too much. The Americans are adept at only revealing what they want to, but these novices just blurt it out. Sue handles it well though, a couple of episodes ago she just replied to Jonathan that she didn't want to tell him.

Bloody Kylie. I decided I really liked the sound of her and Kate at the start, and now she's gone and got Kate out - that plan would have worked fine, would have upset the entire applecart, would have got Nick with his idol unused out in a lovely blindside and shifted the balance of power somewhat, but no - Kylie who it's been made clear is absolutely on the bottom of that tribe, who they've treated with contempt, who they tried to vote out ages ago, has to go and score Brownie points with the Heathers - thereby cementing her place firmly at the bottom of Snapple's tedious alliance once more. And now lovely Kate is gone

I've been sticking up for Kylie because she's been picked on and ostracised by those bitches, and because she's a sweet thing - but she's pretty bloody annoying in her perky talking heads anyway. So cross! Bitch better wake up soon. Did she even get a stupid pink bracelet?!

I watch later anyway, but for what it's worth I think spoiler tags are better. I always avoid all the promos I can with any of these kinds of programs.

I was thinking about that too, the focus was all on Nick, but Lee also holds an advantage which he could use for one group or another. You would have thought the focus would shift to that now, it should. He directly bid on the advantage as well unlike Nick.

The challenge itself was a variation on the typical Survivor balancing with strength challenge. The US version did a few too many of those a couple of seasons back so I hope they keep with the variety so far in these individual immunities.
Does Lee have what it takes to strategically use his advantage and take control of the game?
I think at best he will use it to try to protect himself instead of taking over the numbers.

Reactions: kxk
Yes, I appreciate you've started doing that. I don't like to watch previews or hear about them, especially with Survivor AU they are just spoilers.
You mean things like... the biggest blunder in survivor history...lol.

Wah-hey!

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/09/australian-survivor-the-jury-villa.html

Australian Survivor: The Jury Villa

TEN has announced an online extra for Australian Survivor fans, following tonight’s episode.

The Jury Villa will follow eliminated contestants who comprise the final jury, with the first to be announced tonight.

The online series will follow eliminated contestants from Tribal Council to the Jury Villa, a “half-way house between civilisation and the game.”

Viewers will see how the eliminated contestants interact with each other away from camp, as they discuss strategies and what really happened while on Samoa.

Relationships will form and change as they learn more about each other and reveal if their behaviour in the game was genuine or just part of a strategy.

The gameplay continues in the Jury Villa as the contestants decide what kind of jury member they will be. Will their exit from the show influence the way they vote and where do their alliances truly lie?

At the Jury Villa, contestants enjoy their first proper meal in weeks, a hot shower, a comfortable bed to sleep in and the opportunity to see their reflection in a mirror for the first time since being marooned on the rugged tropical island.

They will also attend the final round of Tribal Councils to watch and listen to the remaining contestants and ultimately decide who will be chosen as the sole survivor.

The Jury Villa will be available to watch at www.tenplay.com.au/survivor after Australian Survivor on Tuesday 27 September.

Looking toward tomorrow:
Will the idol be rehidden?
Will there be a reward challenge with a hidden clue at the reward?
Is there a chance that an underdog might find it?

This.

I think it might get interesting with the 4 guys left and who's really trustworthy within their alliance. Matt and Nick vs bromance Lee and Sam..
Nick and Matt will realise that Lee and Sam didn't vote for Sue like the plan was for the 4 guys (unless Lee was secretly told to vote for Kate instead of Sue by the girls).
Nick got 4 votes so he might assume that both Sam and Lee voted for him after their digs at tribal, when Lee actually voted for Kate instead.

BTS photo of tonight's challenge..doesnt give away the winner

Jonathan LaPaglia ‏@JLa_Paglia 2h2 hours ago
BTS of tonight's challenge that went on forever! And I mean forever!! #SurvivorAU #twitter http://ift.tt/2dfCXMB
CtVr1JFXYAA5Qcv.jpg

looks like another challenge the fit females would be good at....will a female win 3 individual immunity times in a row?

Nick tries so hard at challenges, so I hope he wins it because he's possibly next to be voted out:)

Last edited:
Back