Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 15 Discussion

I still can't get my head around why the good guys all voted for different people. That's not what "split the vote" means, it just makes it highly likely that one of you will go! I'm so annoyed at the whole lot of them tonight. Brooke had immunity, so why didn't it occur to them to vote out Flick? Why not just follow through and get rid of Matt? Is Kylie just a lone wolf? I'm perplexed.
They couldn't have voted Flick out tonight, not sure enough. And obviously something major happened before Tribal that made them vote the way they did.

I still can't get my head around why the good guys all voted for different people. That's not what "split the vote" means, it just makes it highly likely that one of you will go! I'm so annoyed at the whole lot of them tonight. Brooke had immunity, so why didn't it occur to them to vote out Flick? Why not just follow through and get rid of Matt? Is Kylie just a lone wolf? I'm perplexed.
Stupid I know but they would not have had the numbers to vote out Flick anyway, so stupid as it was it's kind of a moot point. Maybe Conner will explain when he makes his next TV appearance.

Stupid I know but they would not have had the numbers to vote out Flick anyway, so stupid as it was it's kind of a moot point. Maybe Conner will explain when he makes his next TV appearance.
Yes they could have, they were told that the "cool" crowd were splitting the vote. Like I said, something happened that we weren't shown.]
It wouldn't have been FLICK because they couldn't be sure of the numbers against her. The original plan could have worked.

My TV froze just as the votes were being read out.:mad:
Did it show who voted for who, and is Connor going home, or is he the first person on the jury?

My TV froze just as the votes were being read out.:mad:
Did it show who voted for who, and is Connor going home, or is he the first person on the jury?

I don't think Conner is on the jury, my guess is it will start at top 9.

El, Flick, Kristie, Lee, Nick and Sam voted for Conner.
Jennah-Louise, Matt, Brooke and Kylie voted for Kate.
Kate voted for Kylie.
Sue voted for Matt.
Conner voted for Nick.

So there seems to have been no proper communication amongst the non-majority over who to vote for.
If they had voted together it wouldn't have saved Conner unless Sam flipped and he and Kylie (or Kristie) voted with the underdogs, but surely it was worth a try? What they did just seems like giving up.

Kate's vote for Kylie is baffling. What went on behind the scenes to convince Kate that Kylie wasn't with them?

I'm still pissed off too. Just so stupid what the non majority did. I thought Kirstie was with them, never liked her, she sticks with majority, but they will get rid of her. What's Kylie up to, if she and Sam had a brain they should have gotten together with the Kate sue and conner. I miss Phoebe.

Ok my take:

1. Almost too much to take in for one episode: the merge, the auction, the immunity idol,
the new camp, the immunity challenge, the tribe alliances, and first tribe vote.
like, there was stuff there for 2 episodes at least.

2. Tribe name: Fee fee? Flee flee? faw faw? wtf.. and why didnt we get to see who and how
they chose it? maybe because of (1)

3. Connor/Nick - when push came to shove, connor didnt know how to shove the right people in his
direction. Lee who knows about Nick's immunity idol, will blindside him out pretty soon.
Kristie aka crazy cameleon has vavomited herself yet again now into sanapu alliance. how the f*ck?

4. Thank you production for leaving us with: Flick, Brooke, Jenna Louis and El.
Friendship bracelets? So now its not survivor, its "mean girls" the sequel.

5. The demise of all strategic characters, and soon we will be left with flick and her flock.
if the final is the 3 sanapu girls trio.. this will be a total bummer of an opening season for me.

Last edited:
It's often pretty frustrating to watch, with dumb moves aplenty and most of my favourite players gone too early, but I still find this a fascinating season because it isn't full of Survivor Savants and you just don't know what will happen, because their isn't a clear winner's edit, and because it is so lavishly beautiful in its extended scenic photography.

Well that was an unsatisfying episode - and so will the next few be if Sanapu just carry on picking off Vavau. They really didn't help themselves though by not voting together - and they really should have spotted voting Nick was the opportunity to flip the vote, not Matt, and also made more effort to align with the former Aganoa members. Conner probably could have had a convo with Sam in front of Brook about voting Nick and even possibly got two votes for the price of one there. At least by making it about voting out someone else, someone Brook isn't too attached too, he'd have got a message to Sam without making it about just saving himself, and then could have relayed a plan to evict Nick back to Kate, Sue, Kristie and Kylie. Heck, even without Sam that could have been the move worth playing.

Did someone say that on Twitter it said he was waiting for letters from home?
They usually do have them at the auction but the auction is usually closer to the end of the US show.
Although worth noting they're already at 30+ days on this, so have been away from home almost as long as those who do the full US version are.

P.S. Nice now that Pheobe has gone that Flick has stepped up as somebody I'll love to hate.

Oh, not sure where to put this, but head's up:

It won't be on this Sunday October 2nd, because NRL Grand Final is on.

(Great, I so love sport.)

And the first ep of the new season of US Survivor will be on later than one could ever have expected on Thursday night on 9 because it isn't just the fucking Footy Show it's the AFL Footy Show: Grand Final Edition - which runs for three hours! Three hours! So forget 10 pm...

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/09/afl-footy-show-grand-final-edition-2.html

Well that was an unsatisfying episode - and so will the next few be if Sanapu just carry on picking off Vavau. They really didn't help themselves though by not voting together - and they really should have spotted voting Nick was the opportunity to flip the vote, not Matt, and also made more effort to align with the former Aganoa members. Conner probably could have had a convo with Sam in front of Brook about voting Nick and even possibly got two votes for the price of one there. At least by making it about voting out someone else, someone Brook isn't too attached too, he'd have got a message to Sam without making it about just saving himself, and then could have relayed a plan to evict Nick back to Kate, Sue, Kristie and Kylie. Heck, even without Sam that could have been the move worth playing.

Although worth noting they're already at 30+ days on this, so have been away from home almost as long as those who do the full US version are.

P.S. Nice now that Pheobe has gone that Flick has stepped up as somebody I'll love to hate.

The edit seems to be good at setting up characters to hate and then enjoying their inevitable boot. That seems to be the only story the editors can tell and they hammer it home.

They are good at hiding the ineptness of the players, I will give them that.

A vanilla, invisible player is winning this, in my opinion. I know they haven't started the jury yet, but once they do, the jurors will remember who treated them well and who treated them badly. So I think a nice basic girl will win, there aren't any basic guys left - maybe Matt? Sam?

The path of what will happen was set up when the producers created the "pick em" tribe division and then failed to correct their error. I know it has happened before on US Survivor but that was years and years ago and it was never as a result of letting a winning tribe hand pick their team.

US survivor is designed to avoid that.

I'm a little bitter because Phoebe left, but dang these players are good at voting out the men. A guy is usually the merge boot but Conner isn't even close to the biggest threat.
This 8-4 split of women v men is unprecedented. So I credit the women for keeping it interesting.

On Kristie
LOL I'd like that too, she's my sweep pick.

Surprisingly, she's actually becoming an interesting player.

We were told on the intro she'd made the big move in Phoebe going, but it wasn't her move. Kate decided to tell her about Phoebe. And with the latest alliance I expect she was invited into the main alliance as another number. Nothing to show she did anything at this point anyway.

There's still plenty of talk about 'good guys' and 'values' but it's Survivor and there's only one winner, even the main group will have to split up eventually.

I was ok with Conner going, I'd rather Kate stick around more, though she is in trouble still.

The immunity challenge definitely seemed to favour the lighter people, as they could switch positions. The immunity necklace is alright, better than the stick thing used before anyway.

Sam annoys me quite a lot. Survivor is about making moves and not about holding grudges or pining after some old friendship.

The auction was strange, people bidding low when if they bid 500 they get something straight away. I wish someone had won a bad prize too. The only bad one must have been the alternative that was offered. That those who are in a minority didn't even bid on an advantage was peculiar and bad gameplay.

A vanilla, invisible player is winning this, in my opinion. I know they haven't started the jury yet, but once they do, the jurors will remember who treated them well and who treated them badly. So I think a nice basic girl will win, there aren't any basic guys left - maybe Matt? Sam?
Lee - he hasn't been seen doing any backstabbing or strategising whatsoever. He's emerging as my pick for the win, which probably means he'll be out within the next two votes LOL.

It will be interesting to see who Flick and Brooke have picked for their goat. It won't be El or Matt, as they both those could beat them, so by deduction it might be Nick. Someone needs to blindside that group before this show gets completely boring. We need Sam, El and/or Nick to flip.

On Kristie

We were told on the intro she'd made the big move in Phoebe going, but it wasn't her move. Kate decided to tell her about Phoebe. And with the latest alliance I expect she was invited into the main alliance as another number. Nothing to show she did anything at this point anyway.

There's still plenty of talk about 'good guys' and 'values' but it's Survivor and there's only one winner, even the main group will have to split up eventually.

I was ok with Conner going, I'd rather Kate stick around more, though she is in trouble still.

The immunity challenge definitely seemed to favour the lighter people, as they could switch positions. The immunity necklace is alright, better than the stick thing used before anyway.

Sam annoys me quite a lot. Survivor is about making moves and not about holding grudges or pining after some old friendship.

The auction was strange, people bidding low when if they bid 500 they get something straight away. I wish someone had won a bad prize too. The only bad one must have been the alternative that was offered. That those who are in a minority didn't even bid on an advantage was peculiar and bad gameplay.
Lee knowing that Nick has an idol gives Lee an added advantage to his not count vote. I'd use that when the numbers dwindle a bit more to make it count which hopefully he will do, and you know that it should make more of an impact. Atm, votes are being sprayed everywhere and if he'd picked Sue last night for example, it would've been as useless as an icecube in a bushfire.

Lee - he hasn't been seen doing any backstabbing or strategising whatsoever. He's emerging as my pick for the win, which probably means he'll be out within the next two votes LOL.

It will be interesting to see who Flick and Brooke have picked for their goat. It won't be El or Matt, as they both those could beat them, so by deduction it might be Nick. Someone needs to blindside that group before this show gets completely boring. We need Sam, El and/or Nick to flip.
Is he being the strong, silent type then? Noting everything in his head and with that advantage he bought, make good use of it when the timing is right, if he doesn't go before that.

2. Tribe name: Fee fee? Flee flee? faw faw? wtf.. and why didnt we get to see who and how
they chose it? maybe because of (1)
Fia Fia in Samoa is like a party or celebration. Many hotels/resorts there have a Fia Fia night once a week, often with a hot Samoan guy scantily clad in leaves doing a fire dance. Ohhh yeeeesssss.. :D

9074289_orig.jpg

Yes they could have, they were told that the "cool" crowd were splitting the vote. Like I said, something happened that we weren't shown.]
It wouldn't have been FLICK because they couldn't be sure of the numbers against her. The original plan could have worked.
They would still have needed more than their four votes. They obviously conceded defeat because they failed to secure them. I guess they couldn't show that because they wanted to keep viewers guessing until TC.

Never been that big a fan of Brooke because she's always seemed cliquey and also shallow in how she judges people. But maybe when it gets less easy for her we'll see her having to scrap more. It's just been too easy so far. Conner helper her and Flick by actually volunteering to switch tribes earlier. I thought that twist was for Flick and Brooke, and if they had swapped maybe it would have made later events different. But by keeping there that duo probably ended up stronger, while Conner became weaker.

Nick isn't that popular here either but I don't mind him. His big mistake was earlier on when he didn't come up with a good cover for the idol clue he got, though it's hard to be trusted after going on a mission like that anyway. Nobody since has given him a chance. And now again he gets an idol clue putting him in a hard position yet again. However considering that few seem to want to ally with him having the idol is probably a good thing, it could guarantee him one more week if he plays it right. He tries hard at challenges and does try to play the game, so that's what you want on Survivor. Maybe he didn't have to organise the vote here, but I suppose he's just showing he's very much on the side of that group and trying to help their interests. I suppose you're more likely to get further by looking useless and keeping in the background, though that's not great TV.

Back