Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 10 Discussion

Thanks. I was hoping I don't sound like a know it all.
I haven't watched every show as there are bad seasons.
The great thing about this show is talking about it with you guys here. I missed that after big brother was cancelled.

...no by no means do you sound like a know it all because for first timers like me for this show you are giving us insights from a veteran's point of view and it sorts out any confusion on our parts... hence the reason that I appreciate your comments and insights you sweet lady... keep up the great work my sweet... cheers.

Kristie is a complete blank in this storyline. We already know that Phoebe and Kat don't get on, but why did Kristie vote with Kat before? I think we needed to know.

Anyway this episode continued the Kat/Phoebe rivalry and brought it to an end.

Phoebe did well finding the idol, but why tell people about it (and Kat who had already outed Rohan's idol). Very strange. The majority really had the say in who was going, so trying to win over Kat (no indication she would) or Kristie seemed pointless. Phoebe was lucky Kat didn't out the idol on her way out at the tribal.

Kat was playing this like it was a personal game of her v another rather than longer term strategy. I didn't get her remark at tribal that she had allied with the majority, the last vote didn't show that. Maybe that was to scare Phoebe into playing her idol. Just checking the end of the episode, we weren't shown Kat's vote, bad editing there. I assume it was Andrew. It looks like Phoebe was informed of the Kat vote, no indication of that beforehand.

The storyline is still 'Rohan sent himself home', but Kristie did that really I think. But she's not part of the storyline it seems. Andrew got a strange soliloquy at the end, like the villain he is meant to be. I'll assume that's meant to set him up for a fall, though that would be a bit too obvious for me.

Lots of people find idols without clues because they are hidden by obvious trees and stuff, or were originally. Several people have found idols that way, including Russell Hantz and Tony Vlachos.

Liked both of them. Russell is considered to have changed the way the game is played, and led to more idols being put in play.

On the issue of cameramen, some things can be recreated. I wish they could get the exact moment when an idol is found more often.

On the issue of the 3 days in a row that someone brought up, I think it limits discussion. It's not Big Brother. Each episode covers more than one day, there's normally an elimination an episode, there's challenges every episode and there's a lot of strategy. That's why discussion on an episode is likely to last more than a day compared to Big Brother.

Andrew smiles! World first.

I don't really care if he smiles or not. But compared to the earlier older guy who got booted after only belatedly helping with the shelter I find him boring. The earlier guy had a machiavellian edit too, but he was a funny oddball. Andrew seems to think he's really cool.

I'm convinced the scenes of them plotting against Andrew in this episode were filmed after the Kat boot.
Still no clue why they went off of Phoebe and turned to Kat.

I'm convinced the scenes of them plotting against Andrew in this episode were filmed after the Kat boot.

...hahaha!... I could be a cynic and say "because it was in the script?"... but I won't ;):whistling::biggrin:... cheers.

I'm guessing but maybe they somehow knew or suspected Phoebe had an idol. And Kat is more of a gameplayer than Kristie. Maybe they didn't trust Kat, or maybe Kat even just pissed them off in some way - at least that was more the storyline as it was given to us. Though as Phoebe blindsided them with her first idol you wouldn't have thought they'd trust her that much either, but she did seem to know Kat was the target. Maybe with Kat gone they can split the vote between Phoebe and Kristie in case of another idol.

I've thought for a long time on US Survivor that the 'alternative bootee' conversations are prompted by producers in order to make the TC less predictable and add some drama to the show. I'm not so cynical to think they would tape those scenes after the fact though. But... hmmm...

And as for Phoebe perhaps they stopped gunning for her because they had already broken up her tight alliance via Rohan's exit, so she is less of a threat. Either that or they caught on she has the idol.

I've thought for a long time on US Survivor that the 'alternative bootee' conversations are prompted by producers in order to make the TC less predictable and add some drama to the show. I'm not so cynical to think they would tape those scenes after the fact though. But... hmmm...

And as for Phoebe perhaps they stopped gunning for her because they had already broken up her tight alliance via Rohan's exit, so she is less of a threat. Either that or they caught on she has the idol.
I don't think the scenes were prompted. I just think the discussion focusing on Andrew were actually held after the vote for Kat. They needed something to show why Andrew got votes.

On a recent podcast Stephen Fishbach says that on the beach everyone's name gets discussed a bit, even if just to say how annoying they are.

Agree that they just wanted to break up that pair, but boy did that plan backfire on them. They assumed Rohan would keep the idol and play it.

Back