Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 10 Discussion

Australian Survivor ‏@Survivor_AU 42m42 minutes ago
Welcome to tribal council with VAVAU. Who do you think should go home tonight? #SurvivorAU

CsJYdneWcAApdxT.jpg

They shouldn'tweet who goes home.

No the cameras are on them all the time. If they leave camp they follow them. There is some rule about when you have to go to the bathroom they don't follow all the way, but that's often a designated location. The cameraman has to get the idol shots. They could recreate it though if they needed to. I've never heard anyone mention that.
Survivor is done so well you forget the cameras are there when you watch.

...what I love about you Rose711 is that you are such an avid Survivor follower and you know so much about everything to do with the show... you never fail to bring us newbies all the rules and regulations to do with the show and always tell us facts and trivia that are so important to know... to that I tip my hat to you and I thankyou so very much in doing so... it's a credit to you... I'm assuming that you have watched probably nearly every Survivor show ever because your enthusiasm shines through so much... you are a wonderful person indeed... cheers.

...what I love about you Rose711 is that you are such an avid Survivor follower and you know so much about everything to do with the show... you never fail to bring us newbies all the rules and regulations to do with the show and always tell us facts and trivia that are so important to know... to that I tip my hat to you and I thankyou so very much in doing so... it's a credit to you... I'm assuming that you have watched probably nearly every Survivor show ever because your enthusiasm shines through so much... you are a wonderful person indeed... cheers.
Thanks. I was hoping I don't sound like a know it all.
I haven't watched every show as there are bad seasons.
The great thing about this show is talking about it with you guys here. I missed that after big brother was cancelled.

Kat should have gone home the first night. She is a wildcard liability to everyone in or out of her alliance. She reminds me of a young Umbidge from Harry Potter. She could have saved herself tonight if she'd been capable in challenges. Kristie comes across as a sack of broken eggs, so Phoebe may màke it. Actually, how màny votes until the merge? Surely Sue or Andrew will go before her.

Àndrew is becoming the top villain of the piece, and his arrogance should be satisfyingly punished. I disliked him pregame and on day one, but warmed to him before he went full hubris. If he had have gone home this episode, it would have shown a laçk of subtlety in the editors.

This show is great. All the fun of US Survivor, and none of the religious nonsense. It's interesting, actually, seeing the cultural differences - eg, after the basketball challenge, rivals hugged. That would be a death sentence on US. Boston Rob got someone out because they shook hands with the other tribe.

my take on Ep 10..

The Kat had 9 lives, and her time was up. Obviously the viewers were meant
to think Andrew had a chance of going home, and so production made sure they
aired all the discussion they could find going on about him to edit it that way.

It was obvious connor was wrapped around Andrew's finger and so were the others.
They continue to ride in his self-proclained "ferrari brain", cause its a numbers
game to the merger. Andrew is a superfan so he knows production look out for
players with good soundbites and outlandish statements - so he makes sure to
provide some for every episode - its all in his business plan, item 7.1.1 page 8.

Phoebe had a very lucky episode, almost too lucky to be real.
She goes out to find an immunity idol, and soon finds it, without any clue.

Did someone at production tell the cameraman following her
to whisper "in that big tree, phoeb" ?
And why was Kat suddenly Andrew's target, not Phoebe? do we know?

Andrew is obviously molded by production into a super-player-villain. This may
signal one of two: he makes it really far, or come merger, the loyalty will be gone,
and he'll be first out.

Last edited:
Kat is such a rediculous bad player, and Rohan was so dumb. If she had voted in episode 9 with Phoebe, Rohan and Kristie, they play the idol, Sue goes home, bang, 4/4. Next vote, Phoebe plays her new idol, Andrew goes home, suddenly the underdogs have the majority, and still have Rohan (ie, a chance in the challenges.). Kat went out feeling proud of herself, too, for getting Rohan. That woman is dangerous.

Yes but there's speculation she got production "help". Craig had a clue and couldn't find it ...yet she just goes randomly looking for "something obvious" and lo and behold! An idol!

I just wrote the same thing before reading back and it seems Im not alone in this thought.
They probably thought it would help stirring things up at the next vavau tribal.
Also how it was all too convenient that Rohan somehow "lost" a big rolled up paper clue that was in front of his pants and he or phoebe would for sure see falling out,
and then suddenly evan is seen following in their direction and finds the clue.
Look back and see what a bad actor Rohan was when he sat and played as if he
"suddenly discovers" his pants do not hold the clue.
both events seem to me 100% to be manufactured by the production.

Last edited:
Phoebe's triple explanation - too many?

1-"I dont know if the idol is out there, but I would regret it forever if I dont try and find it"
2- "My head is on the chopping block, the only way Im not going home is if I find an idol"
3- "I noticed craig come out to the mangroves.. I had a feeling he might be searching for the idol"

Then the amazing good luck:
"I was just trying to think if I were an idol where would I be"
"I was just about to give up and go back"
and finding it is "A sign from the survivor gods!"

;) Uh huh..

A lot of people find idols with out clues. It's a long list. That tree was an obvious spot to look. So many people find idols without clues that US survivor has been changing the ways idols are hidden and found.

They will merge at 12 I think so they have 4 more people to vote out.

This episode made me think that if Rohan had tied with Sue they would have kept him. He was never the major alliance target.

So far Rohan and Tegan have voted themselves out

A lot of people find idols with out clues. It's a long list. That tree was an obvious spot to look. So many people find idols without clues that US survivor has been changing the ways idols are hidden and found.

They will merge at 12 I think so they have 4 more people to vote out.

This episode made me think that if Rohan had tied with Sue they would have kept him. He was never the major alliance target.

So far Rohan and Tegan have voted themselves out
Yeah I don't think Rohan would have necessarily gone home if he had voted Sue and tied with her. I don't think that Vavau would have wanted to lose challenges so it is in the realm of possibility that they would have voted out Sue.

Phoebe's triple explanation - too many?

1-"I dont know if the idol is out there, but I would regret it forever if I dont try and find it"
2- "My head is on the chopping block, the only way Im not going home is if I find an idol"
3- "I noticed craig come out to the mangroves.. I had a feeling he might be searching for the idol"

Then the amazing good luck:
"I was just trying to think if I were an idol where would I be"
"I was just about to give up and go back"
and finding it is "A sign from the survivor gods!"

;) Uh huh..

I find it quite feasible. Craig was sneaking off endlessly in that direction. Others in tribe voiced it: "Where's Craig?" She wasn't the only one to notice he was going off. They are a tribe that hunkers down by the shelter endlessly, someone else voiced in this episode. If you go off, someone follows you. So to go off by your own in one particular direction over and over is noteworthy.

Then if she's seen him go to the mangroves - a particular location - Survivor lore tells you from season after season to dig around either inside rock formations or inside trees, or in the soil below their roots. It's usually a notable tree - not some nondescript weedy random one.

It is not at all out of the realm of usual play in Survivor for someone who is persistent, and has a real need, as Phoebe did - an urgent need - to find a hidden immunity idol, to find one in this way, with far less clues than those Craig gave out with his searching behaviour. Some people have found them by persistently going out looking in all directions for unusual trees.

Plus what Rose said re the camerapeople inadvertently giving clues by camera focus or a slight increase in excitement in body language, eg, when you're close to finding. But she was the one who took it on herself to search and was more persistent - as more motivated- than Craig in his rather lacklustre aimless fumbles.

I would love to know what happened. They were all talking about how they needed Andrew out and then voted Kat. Maybe she was the easy option?

Aside from numbers, I don't think they could afford to lose more muscle if not strength. Kat was useless in challenges, and Andrew in theory has more power physically as a man.

I would love to know what happened. They were all talking about how they needed Andrew out and then voted Kat. Maybe she was the easy option?

I think some of the talk of voting Andrew out might actually have been filmed after Kat left and moved forward to create drama because he ultimately got two votes. So it might have been filmed after Kat left but before the next tribal? So maybe Andrew becomes more of a target? It doesn't sound like we got the whole story.

How did Phoebe move into voting with the majority after being the main focus last week? (Maybe she was writing Kats name down no matter what, as revenge for Rohan.)

I guess they just wanted to break up the pair of Phoebe and Rohan. Kat was never going to be part of their alliance because they didn't trust her.

I'm willing to put Kat as one of the worst players of the season because she let her personal dislike of Rohan control her when she could have flipped the game.

Don't like anyone on that tribe but Phoebe and Craig.

Yeah I don't think Rohan would have necessarily gone home if he had voted Sue and tied with her. I don't think that Vavau would have wanted to lose challenges so it is in the realm of possibility that they would have voted out Sue.

This is all just my speculation based on the odd votes:
Rohan was never their target. They just wanted to break up a strong pair. They were afraid that the two who voted for him might have stuck with their old tribe. They couldn't afford to split their votes between Phoebe and Kat.

I'm betting they had no idea Phobe had the idol or the majority would just have voted for Kat. I think Kat and Kyrstie made their own play for Rohan. The main alliance probably assumed he would play the idol and Phoebe would go home.

They raised their hands at tribal after JLP asked them who was surprised by the vote. So they didn't truly anticipated that might happen with Phoebe and Kat staying and Rohan out.

I'm guessing none of them believed that Rohan would give Phoebe the idol - and I can't really blame them because it's such a stupid move.

Last edited:
I think some of the talk of voting Andrew out might actually have been filmed after Kat left and moved forward to create drama because he ultimately got two votes. So it might have been filmed after Kat left but before the next tribal? So maybe Andrew becomes more of a target? It doesn't sound like we got the whole story.

How did Phoebe move into voting with the majority after being the main focus last week? (Maybe she was writing Kats name down no matter what, as revenge for Rohan.)

I guess they just wanted to break up the pair of Phoebe and Rohan. Kat was never going to be part of their alliance because they didn't trust her.

I'm willing to put Kat as one of the worst players of the season because she let her personal dislike of Rohan control her when she could have flipped the game.

Don't like anyone on that tribe but Phoebe and Craig.

I would like to think that Channel 10 and Survivor have more honesty than to try and show us footage say for day 21 that wasn't filmed on day 21. I get that they do that with the ads but from what I read the ads are made by a different team and are done to suck us in to watching.

Also this isn't aimed at you but given there is a large amount of prize money at the end I would like to think that the show is being conducted with enough integrity that producers/cameramen aren't going to tell contestants where the hidden idols are.

This is all just my speculation based on the odd votes:
Rohan was never their target. They just wanted to break up a strong pair. They were afraid that the two who voted for him might have stuck with their old tribe. They couldn't afford to split their votes between Phoebe and Kat.

I'm betting they had no idea Phobe had the idol or the majority would just have voted for Kat. I think Kat and Kyrstie made their own play for Rohan. The main alliance probably assumed he would play the idol and Phoebe would go home.

They raised their hands at tribal after JLP asked them who was surprised by the vote. So they didn't truly anticipated that might happen with Phoebe and Kat staying and Rohan out.

I'm guessing none of them believed that Rohan would give Phoebe the idol - and I can't really blame them because it's such a stupid move.
Yeah, that's probably a good explanation for what happened. I guess I was saying that if Rohan had voted for Sue, there would have been a tie and then with the re-vote Rohan wouldn't have necessarily gone home. Most people are saying that would be a given but it seems to me that you can't always guarantee how people will vote at tribal.

Back