Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 10 Discussion

Bit disappointed with the result tonight. Kat is useless and annoying, but she's a perfect Survivor goat, she had no chance at all of winning. it's the snakes like Andrew and Phoebe they should be targetting. I don't understand what hold Andrew has over them - he's utterly useless as well as being sneaky, conniving, vindictive and power-mad. He's also a total bore to watch. Please get rid of him next!
I'm finding it hard to believe that what Kat said at Tribal is why everyone but Kristie voted for her (can't remember already who else voted for Andrew if they did, it happens when you're annoyed at the stupidity) Obviously they didn't show something major, I mean, Craig & Kristie were so into it, Phoebe was too it seemed.

No, they were just doing hypotheticals, they will get to him, they are just realigning within a losing team.
They will intend to knock off the agonies -then they have just given you a pecking order.

Phoebe will stuff up that plan a bit, but that is their plan.

Yeah i don't want andy gone, just want him bamboozled, he is funny kind of he is soooooooooo into himself.
Make him Phoebe's toy would be more fun, Sue is useless, and i would be watching Connor like a hawk
I like your plan.. that would be so fun.
Karma caught up with Kat.. she really didn't have a strategy other than vengeance.

Having watched most of US Survivor over the years I'm finding Aussie version really great.

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/australian-survivor/photos/ep-10-photos

Australian-Survivor-Episode-10-Log-Handler-Immunity-Challenge---Vavau-Kristie-and-Andrew_900x506.jpg

Australian-Survivor-Episode-10-Log-Handler-Immunity-Challenge---Saanapu-Wins-Nick-and-Matt2_900x506.jpg

Australian-Survivor-Episode-10-Tribal-Council-Vavau---Kat-Leaves2_900x506.jpg

Looks like Phoebe was right last tribal about who was going next. Love the girl. I don't know why people don't like her, she's the best player. (Of the people we see go to tribal) It's strange to me that they have cast her as a villain.

Andrew is a villain.
---
Haven't watched but this doesn't surprise me - she flipped once and spilled all the secrets. She flipped from the bottom of an alliance to the bottom of another and enjoyed revenge too much.

So my conclusion is that the plan was always to use her for one vote. She's completely untrustworthy. She could easily turn against you like she did her other tribe. People who flip instantly like she did don't last long.

Plus she is without a doubt one of the worst players this season and she adds nothing of value to the tribe..

She in theory could be a good goat but they have weeks until the merge (4 more votes) and then weeks until the end.

Sorry for your new pony being out already @Mr Stickyfingers
---
If they don't swap again, expect your core blue group plus El and Lee to make far. I'm feeling the winner is on blue.

Last edited:
Phoebe is the one I dislike the most at this point. Too smug and not playing the game smartly. Finding the idol is the only thing that has saved her.
She is playing very smart. If Kat had listened to her she would still be in the game. If even Rohan had listened to her, he would at least not have blindsided himself. He had a fighting chance with a tie. But he inexplicably voted for Kat.

Yeah!!!!!!!! Sam my Man is stil LIVIN!!!!!!

He is awesome and so gorgeous - LOVE YOU SAM - bet you are weaving an awesome friendship web!

P.S ....... Kate is the next best in my eyes (hook up guys!!!!!)

Kat was not really in survivor mode in my opinion - was always going to go sooner rather than later.

Phoebe is a lawyer and well, know where that is heading. Andrew does NOTHING for the Marketing Industry as he laid his cards about the way he does Business ..............

Not that it is a Popularity Contest like BB and we get to Vote, but putting your reputation on the line for this show - I do Ponder ..........

Bit disappointed with the result tonight. Kat is useless and annoying, but she's a perfect Survivor goat, she had no chance at all of winning. it's the snakes like Andrew and Phoebe they should be targetting. I don't understand what hold Andrew has over them - he's utterly useless as well as being sneaky, conniving, vindictive and power-mad. He's also a total bore to watch. Please get rid of him next!
He votes with them. That's his power. He's loyal.

Haven't watched yet, but did Phoebe find another idol? That's based on a comment here.

Also, this show looks of gorgeous. Have to say again what a great job they are doing! Just watched part of episode 9 while looking for 10.

Go Andrew!!!! Yikes!!!

Last edited:
Yes but there's speculation she got production "help". Craig had a clue and couldn't find it ...yet she just goes randomly looking for "something obvious" and lo and behold! An idol!
Lots of people find idols without clues because they are hidden by obvious trees and stuff, or were originally. Several people have found idols that way, including Russell Hantz and Tony Vlachos.

But I have heard that the camera crew following you can unintentionally give hints because they get more excited or animated as you get closer to an idol and start focusing their cameras towards where it is. Tyson was talking about it on a RHAP. Because the camera crew knows where the idols are they just naturally react from just their usual following you around because they have to get the shot for the show. So they start focusing in on the place. So you just look where they look and judge their reactions.

I may be making it sound more obvious than it is, but the camera crew do definitely have too get the shot for the show, so their actions can help you find it.
--
It looks like she told everyone she has it , so she's back down my list as a smart player.

But I have heard that the camera crew following you can unintentionally give hints
Yes, someone also mentioned that over on Whirlpool forums as well. GUess we'll have to see how it all plays out... such a long way to go yet!

TBH I wonder what happens if a contestant finds an idol when a camera crew isn't following them. Surely it must happen sometimes? Would producers then get them to recreate the scene so they can include it in the edit?

TBH I wonder what happens if a contestant finds an idol when a camera crew isn't following them. Surely it must happen sometimes? Would producers then get them to recreate the scene so they can include it in the edit?
No the cameras are on them all the time. If they leave camp they follow them. There is some rule about when you have to go to the bathroom they don't follow all the way, but that's often a designated location. The cameraman has to get the idol shots. They could recreate it though if they needed to. I've never heard anyone mention that.
Survivor is done so well you forget the cameras are there when you watch.

No the cameras are on them all the time. If they leave camp they follow them [...] The cameraman has to get the idol shots. They could recreate it though if they needed to. I've never heard anyone mention that.
That must have been hard for Ten with 24 contestants to potentially follow around. If they all took off in different directions they would have been screwed! lol. I wonder just how many cameras they actually had?

Back