Skip to main content

Australian Idol 2023

I’ve just got home from work in time to see the incredible OneRepublic … and the person eliminated.

Ps I went to OneRepublic concert on Saturday night. They were so good! Super talented with so many hits!

Last edited:
Most (if not all?) plans have unlimited text!
Isn't this different though? The kind of texts and calls with a surcharge that the other party makes a profit from? I haven't checked this year, but in the past that's the way it's always been.

Isn't this different though? The kind of texts and calls with a surcharge that the other party makes a profit from? I haven't checked this year, but in the past that's the way it's always been.
No one does premium text anymore since Telstra disabled it for their customers. So no, it’s just a normal text number

So apparently only for a couple of hours we get to pick what songs they will sing next week: viewers choice. Click through to see the options. (Or go to the Australian idol instagram stories).

I voted:
Josh - Drake
Ben - The Rolling Stones
Royston - Emeli Sandé
Amali - P!nk
Anya - Miles Cyrus
Phoebe - Freya Ridings

Oh goodness, Angelina gone. She's such a sweetheart. I really hope she's one of the contestants who gets a huge career boost out of this.
The winner's recording contract can be a bit of a dud deal anyway, and you never know who is going to do best out of their Idol stint.

The winner's recording contract can be a bit of a dud deal anyway, and you never know who is going to do best out of their Idol stint.

Do they even actually get a recording contract this year? They keep saying 100k and the chance to spend time with top producers and song writers or something. I can’t remember exactly but I know they haven’t been saying a recording contract explicitly. At least to my memory.

Do they even actually get a recording contract this year? They keep saying 100k and the chance to spend time with top producers and song writers or something. I can’t remember exactly but I know they haven’t been saying a recording contract explicitly. At least to my memory.
That shows how much attention I have been paying to anything other than the performances and who gets chucked out. I sound like I'm stuck in a past season of Idol.

Omg Norah’s performance was so pitchy. Are the judges being polite or can’t they hear what we hear?

Anyways, I wish her luck, but not sorry to see her go.

Angelina lacked some versatility, but I did really like her. I hope she has a great future ahead.

Phoebe in the bottom 4 was a bloody joke. WAKE UP AUSTRALIA!

Yep, winner gets a recording contract with Sony Music and $100K !

Yep, winner gets a recording contract with Sony Music and $100K !
Thanks so much for the clarification on that.

By the way, has anyone seen footage of how some people are voting? They do some kind of set-and-forget thing on their phone, and it votes for the same person non-stop from the time the voting opens til the time it closes.

It's possible that the demographic who were voting for Amali, Phoebe, and Angelina have had their phones restricted by their parents after last week's phone bill.
Or....
A lot of young girls vote, and they don't always support other young girls, through jealousy or whatever?
Casey Donovan was an exception, but often the lowest votes go to the girls.

Back