Skip to main content

Episode Aus Survivor Blood v Water: Ep 24

Does any of them deserve to win this season?…

• Total voters
Maybe only viewable in Australia.
Hmmm... it's just that story doesn't come up but the rest of the site works. Very odd. Thanks for posting it though.

1649162276330.png

ETA: it actually is the story itself that's geoblocked. Are they pulling it from 10play's server or something? Weird that the rest of the site works.

Last edited:
A shame they didn't expose any blatant sexism in the edit of the final then. Sadly not surprising. I'd have been happy enough to see the likes of Jesse, Jordie and Khan invited back in the future but they've ruined their legacy with an awful jury decision.

That said Shay hadn't done enough strategically or socially to win, but then whilst multiple immunity wins when you need them isn't deemed worthy of giving the victory to a woman I suspect Mark was praised for his. I never see playing idols as a thing worthy of winning either - they're here to play Survivor, not finders keepers, and in Mark's case he never once played an idol in a way that changed the course the game was going.

I think it's sour grapes.

Both Chrissy & Shay should have voted out Mark, but they were riding on the coat tails & the Gronks would have picked up on that early on.

They both wanted Mark in the final believing they had a chance of beating him, because he burnt everyone else.

They may have gotten a few votes if Josh was there, but they still would have lost.

I’ve been thinking about this over the last couple of days. If I were on the jury, who would I have voted?
I think I’ve come to the conclusion that it might have very well been Mark.

It’s a funny thing when there is no audience vote and it all happens within the show. As viewers, we obviously miss out on a whole heap of action and conversations, on the other side of the coin in some ways we know more than any ONE jury person knows as we see conversations and see how things happen in ways that they can’t see unless they are directly involved.

As a viewer, Shay seemed most palatable as the winner, however other than an incredible challenge win tally, did she really have anything else on her survivor resume? It may have been due to no one willing to work with her, a valid consideration, but we will never know how good her strategy was.
Challenge wins is only one dimension that makes a good survivor winner.

Chrissy was entertaining to watch, moreso early game. But having a good social game, and I would argue that it actually isn’t a good ‘survivor social game’ that Chrissy had is also pretty one dimensional. Being likeable and making friends and sailing your way to the end is not impressive in survivor.

Mark had strength, strategy and social. He kinda hit the jackpot with the theme and the players rendering a lack of gameplay by almost anyone else, but in terms of a survivor resume his was certainly the most filled out. Controlling his wife looked yuck on screen, but no other players were privy to those private conversations between Mark and Sam. No one other than Jesse and Sam really fully grasped what happened with the idol steal also. Based on his character we think he sacrificed his wife, as opposed to them making that decision. But how can jury members see that as anything other than good strategy. Sacrificing one and ending up with two idols puts you in a powerful position. I think he successfully and truthfully argued how he pushed Josh to the front as a shield while he led from behind. Again, a great survivor strategy.

He may very well have been unlikable to watch, but I think if I were the jury I’m not sure I could have rewarded Shay or Chrissy with a vote based on their game.

No one other than Jesse and Sam really fully grasped what happened with the idol steal also.

Sam admitted to camera several times that she stole the idol from Jesse. And when confronted the Gronks denied there was a 2nd idol.

The Gronks told Jesse that they would play it for him if he was in danger & then he was blindsided by them.

Sam admitted to camera several times that she stole the idol from Jesse. And when confronted the Gronks denied there was a 2nd idol.

The Gronks told Jesse that they would play it for him if he was in danger & then he was blindsided by them.
Yeah so my point is that none of the other players could really know the truth of what happened and how it happened. Looked gross to us as viewers, but the other players didn’t see the broken promise and they successfully put doubt in peoples mind when Jordie was trying to expose them. May be a dirty play, but it was a play … and it worked for them.

They would have seen the show before the final was done.

As I posted earlier, I would have voted for Mark in the final, just because of him actually doing stuff in the show.

Instead of I''m gunna do this & gunna do that & do SFA

I didn't watch the final.

They voted for him because he did something.

I wouldn't have given the idol to anyone, I would have shoved it up my clacker to hide it. lol

It just goes to show what low lifes the Gronks are.

^^ I sincerely doubt they would have bothered with multiple endings given they ALL voted for Gronk. All of them would have been aware of that.

I mean, what are they going to do? Have JLP read out six votes Chrissy/four votes Gronk? Or 4/3/3? No-one would be able to keep a straight face.

^^ I sincerely doubt they would have bothered with multiple endings given they ALL voted for Gronk. All of them would have been aware of that.

I mean, what are they going to do? Have JLP read out six votes Chrissy/four votes Gronk? Or 4/3/3? No-one would be able to keep a straight face.

They would have known who won with the questions. lol

They would have known who won with the questions. lol
They would have been discussing it at the jury villa and Sam would have been working her magic 🙄 but let's face it, once they voted out Josh there was only one deserving winner. Ugh. I hope the producers hated this as much as we did.

Back