Skip to main content

Episode Aus Survivor Blood v Water: Ep 24

Does any of them deserve to win this season?…

• Total voters
I won't be put off watching next season, because I'm an optimist and I like to hope that things will turn out better than they did this year.
Key to that will be no returning players, and don't go in the opposite direction either, with numbnuts like Chrissy and Dave who have never even seen the show.

Yeah, I know unpopular opinion here, but out of those final 3, if I was asked to vote after all those questions, I would have,,,, voted,,,,,, Gronk.

Why, you might ask ? Well, I'm a survivor fan, and for me Survivor is about making moves that not only put yourself in a good position, but entertain us the viewer. If people are getting worked up about something, it means they are invested in something. As for the technicality of 'stealing' the idol, that's the big question there... For me, I don't see it as theft, I saw it as Sam using her relationship with Jesse to her advantage, and he allowed her to do it. Don't forget, Jesse had many options - he could have told the entire jury about her taking his idol and Sam stealing it, as he was walking out! But Sam had used some jedi mind trick to prevent that! But he upheld that between them, and only whispered to Jordie. Which I kinda don't mind, because without this particular motif, the last 10 episodes would be boring as bat shit and something as insignificant as Sue's big move would even look like a ground breaking event in contrast.

Yes, they were a fucking lot of dumbies this season. Gronk's won because there were 90% morons. A few standouts could have saved the day but were at a disadvantage - Jordie, Sandra, Nina, Jesse, Khanh, Amy...... Gronk made sure to get rid of them fast as he knew he'd become a topic fast if he didn't take action.

For a survivor fan, the Gronk's outwitted all those morons. Lots of big fans on the jury this year, though. Michelle & Mel were like a waste of cast as they were practically the same feeble person that did nothing.

I still can't believe the Gronks bamboozled the entire jury.
Gronkess certainly is something else, to be able to go from being hated to swaying everyone to vote for Gronk.
I'm particularly disappointed in Jesse and Jordie.
The Gronks ruined their entire game, made fools of them and gaslighted Jordie, and not in a friendly way either.
I knew the jury had swayed after seeing that loved-up photo the other day, with them holding/hugging Gronkess.
There would be absolutely no forgiveness or reward from me.
I can accept the win when I think (exept for Shay) that Gronk squared out witted/played & lasted over Josh & Krissy. Now onto Survivor USA et alia & thank goodness I have youse guyse to take the sting out of this win

Yes it was a shit series, we could see who was going to win ages ago.
Yeah we were all just in denial. Living in hope that those idiots would vote him out while they had the chance.

KJ and Shay handed him the win, but had they voted out Gronk instead of Josh at F4, Josh would have won. But at least that would have sat better with me (and probably everyone).

They won. He won. But their little boy is really affected by them both leaving him for this length of time. And the public is cranky!

Just a horrible ending to a season that turned into a horrible, and disappointing, and exasperating slog. So many could haves...

I'm not watching the Finale. TBH MAFS is more compelling & has clearer villains. The best I can say is that it was a good contrast to Ukraine. Now we just have to figure out how to oust Putin w/o him out witting, playing & lasting us. Expand NATO? No WWIII Thanks for all the cheer dear posters. Can't wait for BB et al to start

So was expected. Pretty sure that the results got leaked as there was a guy on survivor rankings site that pretty much knew the order right up to Gronk winning.vef

Sav, you mentioned Sportsbet earlier, was it Gronk with the massive bets behind him? Total leaks there!!

They didn’t seem to film 3 different endings their either. If you want to find out who wins the info is out there, & you can earn cash from this info. Really shitty thing we got going here with these prerecorded shows tbh.

So MAFS wraps up tonight too? Why are the schedules so alike on two different tv stations and two completely different shows? It’s rather ridiculous really. Massive scheduling mistake there.

Yep, Mark was way out in front in the betting odds before the season even started on TV.

…I showed this in the episode 7 thread…

BE9C295F-374B-4A30-BF11-941264D5F066.jpeg
…I remember doing this in the 2017 Photoshop thread…

…I don’t think much has changed since back in 2017… he still thinks of himself as some kind of Superhero… his massive ego is still well and truly intact methinks!… hence why I still can’t stand him… cheers.

…this is how he thought of himself throughout the entire series… his ego was second to none… now that he has won the fucking thing he would now think that he is invincible… imagine being in a room with him and the Gronkess… you’d have to leave the room to let their egos in… there would not be enough room for you... them… and their egos… I wonder how Gronk would go on the show ‘SAS Australia’?… no idols to bail you out there Gronk… they’d tear shreds off him and his massive ego methinks!… they both make me sick to the stomach!… cheers.

Yeah we were all just in denial. Living in hope that those idiots would vote him out while they had the chance.

KJ and Shay handed him the win, but had they voted out Gronk instead of Josh at F4, Josh would have won. But at least that would have sat better with me (and probably everyone).
Yes, Josh winning would have been more palatable but it would have been dumb not to vote him out at F4 - Mark in theory was more hated by the jury. The dumb move here was the girls not uniting behind one target at final 5. Talking of which - KJ on the jury - wow!

They won. He won. But their little boy is really affected by them both leaving him for this length of time. And the public is cranky!

Just a horrible ending to a season that turned into a horrible, and disappointing, and exasperating slog. So many could haves...
Yes - such a crucial stage in a childs development for both parents to go off to play a game and time the three of them will never get back. They may have $500k in the bank but the risk of potentially a lifetime of abandonment issues for your child doesn't make any amount of time worth it. Wonder too if producers told them both or none of them - obviously Mark won in the end but that was despite of Sam rather than because of them and think both would have played a better game without the other, and avoided the hate too.

Also hated producers laying it on thick with the dead mother and dead soldier stories in the final episode.

Yep, Mark was way out in front in the betting odds before the season even started on TV.
Still baffles me the Aussie betting industry is allowed to open a book on pre-recorded events where the bookmakers clearly know the outcome. That's just fraud IMO.

P.S. A couple of continuity issues. At the final 4 stage Pags said the final evictee would become the "20th person voted out" - but don't quite get how he got to that figure considering there were two medical exits, and whatever way you count the people who were voted out but then returned somehow that doesn't really add up. Also this probably happens in every episode but really noticeable when they make a scene of them putting the camp fire out then leaving camp with their unlit torches in broad daylight to arrive at tribal in the dark of the night with fully lit torches in the next scene just shows how constructed it all is.

And finally from a programming perspective that final was a bit of a slog and I don't get why they put us through an extra episode a year where they have to fake an eviction when the final could really be split over two nights - although I guess they'd have dragged the final tribal out even longer than they did if it was a show of it's own. Personally not really a fan of a final 3 and a jury of 10 either. Glad they did a vote rather than fire though, even though the US format would at least have given us a chance of being rid of Mark. However this way gave the final Immunity winner very little power - I think like the US they should have been able to choose one of the other three to take to the final, but then done a vote rather than fire, although it wouldn't have changed the outcome.

Indeed actually wonder now if from Shay's point of view she'd have been better off taking both Mark and Josh and hoping they cancel each other out and she could sneak a win on as few as 4 votes. A better strategy in theory to take through a third person who would take votes off your main rival rather than someone who might pick up 0 votes, although of course, especially given her poor speech at the end, Shay would still have come away with 0 anyway. However she might have found herself then earning the casting vote, and that could be seen as a win in it's own right.

Indeed actually wonder now if from Shay's point of view she'd have been better off taking both Mark and Josh and hoping they cancel each other out and she could sneak a win on as few as 4 votes. A better strategy in theory to take through a third person who would take votes off your main rival rather than someone who might pick up 0 votes, although of course, especially given her poor speech at the end, Shay would still have come away with 0 anyway. However she might have found herself then earning the casting vote, and that could be seen as a win in it's own right.
Shay is having a whinge about how mean they were to her and Chrissy, but I think they got off very lightly compared to the US series.
I do agree with her about how sickening it was that all they said to Mark was "good game".

Shay is having a whinge about how mean they were to her and Chrissy, but I think they got off very lightly compared to the US series.
I do agree with her about how sickening it was that all they said to Mark was "good game".

That article appears to have gone bye-byes. :(

…I think that why quite a few of us were pissed off with the final episode is because most of us were looking forward to seeing the Gronks crucified by the spineless jury for their lying cheating and stealing but there was no trial… no mention of their atrocious sins whatsoever… nothing… instead… we heard Jesse grovelling up Gronks and Gronkess’s arses and saying how brilliant they were… he was licking Gronks arse so much that I saw the tip of his tongue coming out of Gronks left nostril… it was pathetic!… I think that’s why most of us were pissed off so much… the jury never held the Gronks up to face their disgusting play and actions… we waz robbed!… cheers.

That article appears to have gone bye-byes. :(
Maybe only viewable in Australia.

Australian Survivor’s Shay Describes Feeling “Brutally Embarrassed” By “Nasty” Final Tribal Council​

Image of Stephanie Anderson

5 April, 2022
by STEPHANIE ANDERSON

australian survivor shay lajoie blood vs water finale eliminated interview

Network Ten

In a clean sweep victory, Mark Wales won Australian Survivor: Blood Vs Water with 10 votes, with neither Shayelle Lajoie and Chrissy Zaremba being able to secure any for themselves.
Going into the Final Tribal Council of the season, Shay told POPSUGAR Australia that she “thought there was a chance” she could win, “because you don’t really know what the jury has been saying back at the villa” and because she wasn’t sure if the jury was holding a grudge against Mark.

In fact, Shay was concerned that Chrissy would be scoring votes because she was “everyone’s best friend in the game”.

It wasn’t until the jury began asking their questions that they started to “feel where [it was] going”, and for Shay and Chrissy, this came with an unpleasant realisation.
“Chrissy and I, it took us three or four questions to realise ‘we are getting hanged. We are getting crucified here in front of everyone’,” she recalled.
“They were really nasty, to be completely honest,” she said of the jury. “A lot of it was coming from Jordie and Jesse [Hansen] and you could feel that they were fuelled by a bit of spite or anger that they weren’t sitting in those seats.”

Shay said that “there was a lot of calling us goats in a very negative tone”, and said that “they were saying that Chrissy and I rode on coat tails to get there, which was interesting, because no one actually had me in their final five or final three plans, they were always like ‘you’re going tonight’.”
Recalling how many times she’d been told that if she didn’t win Immunity she’d be eliminated that night, Shay added “for them to then go from not wanting me eliminated to saying like, ‘you don’t even deserve to be here’ was just such a slap in the face”.
“I kind of blacked out a little bit,” Shay said. “I just remember being brutally embarrassed.”

Staring into the fire, Shay said she felt like her brain “wasn’t really on“.
“I was hungry, I was tired, and then on top of that I was just shocked at the way they were conducting themselves, and then they would just turn to Mark and say like, ‘amazing game! Here’s my question for you!’” she said.
“Chrissy and I just looked at each other and were like ‘oh. Okay. We’ve lost this by a long shot and now we have to just sit here and cop it’.”

While Chrissy fought back at the jury, pointing out that she’d “done something right” to be sitting at the Final Tribal Council, Shay said that she “couldn’t muster up the strength” to defend herself.
Going into the season, Shay had thought from watching previous seasons that she’d be able to play like Brains Vs Brawn winner Hayley Leake.
“I thought I could jump from this alliance to that alliance, and then at the end of the night come back to camp and have a laugh about it and then, onto the next challenge, but instead, it felt like high school,” she said.

“The majority were just comfortable sitting there picking people off, so I couldn’t even go up and get to know them, I couldn’t get involved in their social circle, and the more I tried, the more of a loser I was made out to be, I just had to sit there and be that kind of loner, Purgatory kind of person,” she explained.
Still, Shay’s physical dominance throughout the game — which saw her win an impressive four Immunity necklaces — saw her fight her way all the way to the end.
During the gruelling final Immunity Challenge, which she described as “fun” Shay beat Mark with ease.

“I honestly wanted to stay up there for so long,” she said. “You don’t see it in the edit, but at the end, I climbed down to the last point just to see what it was like, and I really just wanted to stay there and push myself!
“But it was time to just… not show off and just jump in the water and get it over with.”
“Honestly, thank you for bringing that up,” she added, “because up to this point I’ve just been focusing on Mark’s win and basically my loss, but that was a big accomplishment, so thank you.”

It’s been quite the journey over the course of the season for Shay, and she said that she’s “very happy that it’s all kind of come to a very beautiful end”.
While she may not have won the title of Sole Survivor, or the $500k prize money, she said that “everyone’s been so wonderful” to her.
“There’s been so much support, people saying the typical ‘you’re the winner in my eyes!’, you know, a lot of people saying ‘if the Australian public voted you would’ve taken it out!’ and I’m like ‘yes’,” she laughed. “If only!”

Shay said that in the end, she doesn’t want to do anything to “take away from Mark’s amazing win”, though.
“Like, so well deserving, he’s an incredible player,” she said. “Incredible lying, incredible lie detecting, incredible ability to place himself in those little nooks and crannies at the exact right time.”

…I think that why quite a few of us were pissed off with the final episode is because most of us were looking forward to seeing the Gronks crucified by the spineless jury for their lying cheating and stealing but there was no trial… no mention of their atrocious sins whatsoever… nothing… instead… we heard Jesse grovelling up Gronks and Gronkess’s arses and saying how brilliant they were… he was licking Gronks arse so much that I saw the tip of his tongue coming out of Gronks left nostril… it was pathetic!… I think that’s why most of us were pissed off so much… the jury never held the Gronks up to face their disgusting play and actions… we waz robbed!… cheers.
It's possible it was cut out. Did you notice we didn't see Juicy Dave, Jordan or Mel ask any questions ? That is possibly indicative that (more than one thing) was cut out of the final edit.

It's possible it was cut out. Did you notice we didn't see Juicy Dave, Jordan or Mel ask any questions ? That is possibly indicative that (more than one thing) was cut out of the final edit.
Yes, Shay says that there was a lot of people calling her and Chrissy a goat, especially Jesse.

Shay is right. She did play a really good game of Survivor but she never seemed to be able to connect with anyone and was sort of a last option in any alliance she did seem to become part of and only because they needed a vote. Then she was cast aside like a dirty old shoe. No one seemed to ever want to be talking to her. She was basically playing for herself the entire game and its why she was never able to develop any particular strategy or be able to be part of a blindside. I could never understand that. Shay seems like a wonderful, good natured woman and never seemed to exhibit any traits that would make someone instantly hate her yet she was treated like a piece of shit through the entire series,

She is very soft spoken and was obviously nervous trying to make her pitch at the final tribal and it appears from the above that the jury reaction to how she viewed her game was a large part of the reason. I knew something was up when partway through and they were concentrating on Mark she just sat there on the stump....cross legged head down almost in shame. I think she humped Ben when he came in just because she was so happy to see a friendly face and escape completely unfair barrage of criticism that she must have been facing through the entire jury barrage.as she certainly earned her way to the final more than any of them.

Much as I am a fan of Australian Survivor I did not really enjoy this season nor its winner , nor any of the main characters. The "joker" schtik got really boring really fast and after the result I think that Jessie and Jordie are a couple of complete turds and Mark and Sam undeserving cheating assholes plus there were several complete wastes of casting sitting on the jury ("Juicey" Dave, Mel and Michelle eg) who should never have been in the game in the first place and had no right to be even casting a vote.

I should note that saying this, IMHO Shay was the best of a terrible lot. She probably never could have come up with a strategy even if she had been able to connect with anyone but that being said she never really appeared to have had the opportunity to do so.

That should be the final time that Blood vs Water ever appears on any Survivor show. Most of the cast was clueless.

Back