Skip to main content

Anyone Notice that Ben is duplicating Reggie 2003

Being fired I think. When you get fired, you are basically being told "we don't want you anymore" and then, not being able to find work for quite some time after that, well that just chips away at all self esteem. I also think that him withdrawing from his friends is a sign of depression - and that finding succor in Mum and Nanna was instinctive and survival.

*Just my own ponderings, based on my own experiences

I agree. Ben shows definite depression signs. Reminds me a lot of me. I have family and friends and a job and 2 gorgeous kids, but often feel alone and hopeless. Totally understand where he is coming from

Ben owns property in Sydney cbd, china town - that would make him a millionaire wouldn't it?

but it's clear that he's picturing life as it was not what it might be

I'm not materialistic lol as much as id love to own a house.... Id prefer to rent and keep my partner and kids, the thought of an empty house for me is awful
I can imagine it would be no different to how he's feeling now after living with a houseful of people?
As far as we know his stand-up 'career' was 1 gig, he has no job

There is evidence of a few gigs at least, stuff on gay websites has him gigging a bit
If he's looking at what he had rather than what he might have it's pretty depressing for anyone

And his lament - is fake, he's just mimicking Reggie.
Remember too it was only 2 weeks ago he was ready to go home, glad to go home, he hates a lot of the BB experience.

I came across a clip from BB08 where (High-pitch) Travis told his HM's the exact same story Ben told this year, the story about the Phone marketer hitting on him because he thought he sounded female. If Bens trying to duplicate anybody, I think it's more Travis from 08.

It seems to me that he's using a composite of several characters to make up his; Reggie, Travis and others as we see and hear familiar stories and emotions. He is a good actor, maybe he should get a role on Home and Away.

Ben owns property in Sydney cbd, china town - that would make him a millionaire wouldn't it?

So the key to happiness is owning property? lol

a house without family to fill it is just bricks and mortar.....the fact is Ben has no partner and no job, so before he went into the house majority of his time would have been spent alone within those 4 walls. To go from that to a houseful of people and then to think that's what you have to go back to would break anybody

So the key to happiness is owning property? lol

a house without family to fill it is just bricks and mortar.....the fact is Ben has no partner and no job, so before he went into the house majority of his time would have been spent alone within those 4 walls. To go from that to a houseful of people and then to think that's what you have to go back to would break anybody

Who said anything about money buying happiness????Simply said he's wealthy.

Simple question, someone from NSW can you respond? owning property in Sydney's cbd/china town - would put you in millionaire finances wouldn't it?

The poor me = sounds like another bullshit story.

And his lament - is fake, he's just mimicking Reggie.
Remember too it was only 2 weeks ago he was ready to go home, glad to go home, he hates a lot of the BB experience.

Ben is nothing like Reggie....
Reggie was in an unhappy relationship, she had a taste of freedom and decided she didn't want to go back
Ben lives alone, he's had a taste of a more social life and doesn't want to go back to his lonely life

Just because they both verbalised it doesn't mean they are the only 2 to feel like they don't want the life they had

A few gigs as a support act doesn't mean he had a career lol although he may not see it now he'll definitely have one when he gets out :)

Who said anything about money buying happiness????Simply said he's wealthy.

Simple question, someone from NSW can you respond? owning property in Sydney's cbd/china town - would put you in millionaire finances wouldn't it?

The poor me = sounds like another bullshit story.

You bought property into the whole argument about him just saying he doesn't want to go back to his old life

I don't see how property or how much it's worth has anything to do with it, he's never lied about that

Couldn't buy a bedsit under $400K so if it's 2 bed then yeah I guess...

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who make excuses for this absolute fraud

I have one comment on the property front. Does Ben flat out own that property? Or does he have a mortgage? Just because he owns property in a wealthy area of town doesn't mean that he is rich - it just means he once had a high enough paying job and enough assets that the bank approved a loan. Plus his mother or grandmother could have even gone guarantor on the loan. So we can't really base his residence as an indication of wealth.

As for wealth - how is it relevant to this topic?

I do agree Ben is putting on an act and I do want him out asap. I'm tired of looking at him. ;)

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who make excuses for this absolute fraud

There's a difference between making excuses and seeing what's in front of you, now considering i was one of the people that helped discover his past stand-up gig, i don't dispute that he's not completely honest and i do believe that he's exaggerating the quirky parts of himself as comedians do. But i don't for one second believe that he is making stuff up.

But the haters will take anything an use it as an excuse to start a hate campaign

I have one comment on the property front. Does Ben flat out own that property? Or does he have a mortgage? Just because he owns property in a wealthy area of town doesn't mean that he is rich - it just means he once had a high enough paying job and enough assets that the bank approved a loan. Plus his mother or grandmother could have even gone guarantor on the loan. So we can't really base his residence as an indication of wealth.

As for wealth - how is it relevant to this topic?

I do agree Ben is putting on an act and I do want him out asap. I'm tired of looking at him. ;)

It is relevant because he gives us the I'm poor, I can't buy desert crap. Owning property in Sydney CBD doesn't compute with I'm a poor little boy.

There's a difference between making excuses and seeing what's in front of you, now considering i was one of the people that helped discover his past stand-up gig, i don't dispute that he's not completely honest and i do believe that he's exaggerating the quirky parts of himself as comedians do. But i don't for one second believe that he is making stuff up.

But the haters will take anything an use it as an excuse to start a hate campaign

It's not at all a case of being a hater - that's pretty strong language

But last night was just a put on because he feels he may be in danger (incorrectly) - if it was anymore phony it would come with white and yellow pages - you don't get to be an airline steward by not being outgoing.

It's not at all a case of being a hater - that's pretty strong language

But last night was just a put on because he feels he may be in danger (incorrectly) - if it was anymore phony it would come with white and yellow pages - you don't get to be an airline steward by not being outgoing.

I definitely believe he's more outgoing than what he's portraying, i read the comments from his old workmates i know he's always been a funny guy and i think he uses himself to get laughs.... But i also believe he's been living a pretty sheltered life i mean the only people who've come out of the woodwork as friends of his are the ex workmates who haven't seen him since then and 1 woman who claims to be his bestie i just don't see anything to prove that he hasn't been living a lonely life recently if anything i see proof of it, if that makes sense

Hmmm, now that was interesting ! ( Ben's eviction )
"I'm so scared of the auditorium "... Yeah , right!... Ben you played the audience with confidence and control .
Telling Mikkayla to pretty much knock of the crying....but it is ok when you have a big sook and grab all the attention ( eg , when voting face to face for either Maddie or Boog )
And you think that you'd rather some people who ask you out and about, that you'd like them to get hit by a bus ! ( ok , so he would not mean that literally... but still )
Nice one Ben!

Telling Mikkayla to pretty much knock of the crying....but it is ok when you have a big sook and grab all the attention

Sorry but i have to disagree there, some people are sensitive and cry at the drop of a hat i won't judge for that...
But Mikkaylas howling is completely put on to make it all about her, it's especially noticable at evictions, I'm not sure if it's so the person leaving thinks she's the most upset or if it's because the attentions not on her (Tully did the same thing) people don't howl like that when they cry it's not a natural sound.... Toddlers do it when they cry for attention and get louder and louder until they get the attention they need.... It's not acceptable from an adult and she does need to knock it off

It seems to me that he's using a composite of several characters to make up his; Reggie, Travis and others as we see and hear familiar stories and emotions. He is a good actor, maybe he should get a role on Home and Away.
The way he entered the stage and interview I got visions of Dame Edna as well.

Back