Skip to main content

Anyone else warming to Trav?

There was nothing honorable about what he did... he just came across as an egomaniac who thinks that women need protection and have no ability to stand up for themselves

Are you serious?

He was not strutting whatsoever! Wow, I can't believe anyone is as deluded as Sam to believe that
Re-watch that bit. Look at his body language.

If that isn't strutting then I don't know what is...

It's just normal walking.

Do you believe the tone of his voice, or the words he used to Sam, matched the way you perceived his body language?

Not warming to Trav while he keeps saying this sort of rubbish:
  • "She's a girl, she's going to be sensitive"
  • "We're men."

Let me preface this by saying that I am a huge advocate for gender equality and I'm all for challenging the status quo.

Having said that, he is not entirely wrong, biologically speaking. NOT ALL, but women in general are more emotionally in tune and sensitive, this is fact, and it's a good thing.
Inversely, NOT ALL once again, but men generally do not tend to hold grudges.

And perhaps this is once again similar to the "This is why nobody likes you Gemma" incident in which he talks collectively when he means specifically - AISHA was bound to be sensitive to this type of thing; HE and SAM would get over it. I don't think he is the sharpest knife in the drawer so I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

No. I actually hated that he went behind Aisha to act like the big macho man. Nothing turns me off more than a man who tries to act like a hero for a woman. Urgh. Sickening.

Let me preface this by saying that I am a huge advocate for gender equality and I'm all for challenging the status quo.

Having said that, he is not entirely wrong, biologically speaking. NOT ALL, but women in general are more emotionally in tune and sensitive, this is fact, and it's a good thing.
Inversely, NOT ALL once again, but men generally do not tend to hold grudges.

And perhaps this is once again similar to the "This is why nobody likes you Gemma" incident in which he talks collectively when he means specifically - AISHA was bound to be sensitive to this type of thing; HE and SAM would get over it. I don't think he is the sharpest knife in the drawer so I take everything he says with a grain of salt.
I don't think what he said was wrong, but I don't think what he said is right either.

And what I mean by that, is that it's a generalisation that doesn't need to be. He can easily just say, look, Aisha is pretty sensitive to that stuff etc.

However, Travis isn't alone, a lot of people are like this, and would say stuff like that. I don't think it's an outrageous thing to say. It's a lot like David saying "that's not how a lady should act".

Yes - I used to really dislike him, but I am definitely beginning to warm to him. He seems to be empathetic and caring, and his ridiculous chat in the diary room yesterday with the 'meloncopy' and 'smell the cheese' cracked me up!The guy doesn't seem very clever with words but I think his heart is in the right place and I like his friendly happy nature.

I also thought he was perfectly respectful to Sam in that recent incident regarding Aisha, but Sam tried to deflect the blame from himself and make it out to be Travis's fault instead. Sam is the one I dislike the most now.

I don't think it's an outrageous thing to say. It's a lot like David saying "that's not how a lady should act".

It won't surprise you to hear that I'm not warming to David, either. In his mind, all women are 'ladies' therefore shouldn't fart etc., but men can do whatever they like. It is this kind of dialogue that kept women in the home for centuries. It's 2014 and I think both of them are an outrage.

There was a hint of strut there. Whether or not that is how he normally prances about I can't say I have paid enough attention to know.

One thing's for sure- Sam obviously felt that Travvie was strutting and being slightly combative, which put him off side.

Not at all. He's a typical annoying straight boy and I have no time for it.

Back