Skip to main content

American Horror Story

The characters Madame Marie Delphine LaLaurie (Kathy Bates) and Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau (Angela Bassett), are based on two real women of New Orleans during the 1800's.

Madame LaLaurie was infamous for torturing and killing her slaves. Supposedly, as many as 100 slaves died under her care. Her horrific deeds became public after a fire destroyed part of her home. LaLaurie fled after an outraged mob attacked her mansion. While living in Paris, LaLaurie was killed by a boar in a hunting accident. http://murderpedia.org/female.L/l/lalaurie-delphine.htm

High priestess Marie Laveau lived a few blocks from LaLaurie, and it's likely the two knew each other. Laveau was a professional hair dresser, who's clientele were the white high society women of New Orleans. Laveau was favored by high society, and often preformed public voodoo rituals for their entertainment. They in turn asked her for advice concerning matters of business, love, and such. Laveau was also on friendly terms with the black slaves of the high society people. Being a freewoman of color, she was entitled to own slaves herself. So she bought slaves to set them free. It's rumored that Marie Laveau lived to be 200 years old, and may still be alive today.

Both LaLaurie's mansion and Laveau's tomb are said to be haunted by ghosts, and both locations are on the haunted tours of New Orleans.

That's really cool info. Thank you

Well episode 3 was certainly fucked up.

Probably my least favourite episode so far this season. Not necessarily because of content but rather cinematography; any else get a kink in their neck from all the weird angles??!

As for the content LaLaurie continues interest me the most, she's really a multi-faceted character despite her obvious racist tendencies I kind of felt like her whole convo with Queenie about her eating was sort of motherly in her twisted way.

Dear old Redneck Mom couldn't have died soon enough; thank god Kyle found his 'voice'. He really had a shit life and so far his death hasn't been that great either. Hopefully Zoe will work her undiscovered magic on him and make things better.

Finally I'm not convinced Madison was actually the next supreme, my bet is still on Zoe.

tumblr_mv64opTfuu1rxwgv9o1_500.gif

Last edited:
Marie Laveau is a badarse. Couldn't be happier that those racist bastards got their innards gnawed on by voodoo zombies. That said I can't help but feel like she's the one trying to start a war. I mean fair enough Fiona burnt a few of her wigs and threw shade at her but Marie is the one that sent the minotaur, which was killed in self defence and then she sent the zombies.

LaLaurie and Queenie will be besties by the end of this, you mark my words.

Also I think I might have to change my vote for next supreme from Zoe to Nan. She's smarter than she appears and remember how Fiona said she used to get all the boys, well hunky neighbour seems to be quite enamoured by Nan and I'm thinking her remarks about having had sex plenty of times might actually be true due to her supreme pheromones.

Zoe continues to be the worst kinda girlfriend ever. Oh look my zombie boyfriend has run off, best go hand out candy at school rather than look for him. WTF?!

Highlight of the episode was FRANCES CONROY. She's just fucking awesome; I think I may love her more than Lange. Sadly though I have a feeling Myrtle might be the one getting burnt at the stake next episode. :(

tumblr_mvjilhCIJj1rhgjbzo2_500.gif

tumblr_mviyge7lFq1r3ifxzo1_250.gif
tumblr_mviyge7lFq1r3ifxzo3_250.gif

Last edited:
So I've caught up on episodes 3 and 4.

The angles were certainly strange in episode 3.

I felt so sorry for Kyle. I just don't understand how parents can do things like that to their own children. I'm glad Redneck Mom is dead now though :p I hope Kyle gets fixed by the end of the season but I'm concerned they might have to ... put him down. I don't know.

The thing I love about American Horror Story is that there are so many interesting characters. The characters have layers too. The mains at least. They're not just "pretty girl" or something. If you get what I mean.

That scene with Queenie and the Minataur was rather disturbing.....

I love reading your theories [MENTION=33411]Consuela[/MENTION]. I understand that Madison wasn't the supreme but it's a bummer that she had to die. I like Emma Roberts and I liked Madison in a 'gosh she's a stuck up bitch' kinda way. I'm interested to see who the new supreme is.

Favourite quotes from the episodes are the ones [MENTION=33411]Consuela[/MENTION] giffed. Love your work :)

And WHAT was with the husband? He's a crazy one.... I'm so confused.

Last edited:
And WHAT was with the husband? He's a crazy one.... I'm so confused.

The husband is loco, also hola at the cameo by sexy maid from MH! He definitely gets in there with sex doesn't he. Is he some serial killer?

I understand that Madison wasn't the supreme but it's a bummer that she had to die. I like Emma Roberts and I liked Madison in a 'gosh she's a stuck up bitch' kinda way. I'm interested to see who the new supreme is.

I think we'll be seeing more of her (albeit only her corpse) with creepy doll collecting butler.

The husband is loco, also hola at the cameo by sexy maid from MH! He definitely gets in there with sex doesn't he. Is he some serial killer?

He's very strange. It was nice seeing young!Moira if only for a little bit. I love her hair colour. I wish I could pull that off.

So much is happening that I don't know about.

Another thing that I'm concerned about is Cordelia's face/eyes.

I think we'll be seeing more of her (albeit only her corpse) with creepy doll collecting butler.

Mr Butler is creepy! ;)

Maybe Misty Day will bring her back to life. Who knows. Time will tell I guess.

Another thing that I'm concerned about is Cordelia's face/eyes.

Yeah who did it?! I don't think it's any of Marie's followers because of the robe. Wild guess but perhaps it was Myrtle?!

Maybe Misty Day will bring her back to life. Who knows. Time will tell I guess.

Talking about Misty this is the thing I do not get with Zoe. Why the hell hasn't she brought her to the school I'm sure they'd all be ecstatic at having another student!

www.tvtonight.com.au/2013/11/renewed-american-horror-story-3.html

Scary news today that American Horror Story has been renewed for a fourth season.

The show from Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk will return for a completely new story of 13 episodes in 2014.

But it remains unclear which cast members will return.

“Put simply, Ryan Murphy is a master television producer,” FX CEO John Landgraf said. “Time and time again he reinvents the form. What he, co-creator Brad Falchuk and their producers Dante Di Loreto, Tim Minear, Jennifer Salt, James Wong, Brad Buecker, Jessica Sharzer, Douglas Petrie, Alfonso Gomez-Rejon, Alexis Martin Woodall and the entire production team and cast responsible for the American Horror Story franchise have done is nothing short of extraordinary. Every year, they create a riveting and brilliant new miniseries. AHS: Coven is the best yet, and I have no doubt that the next instalment will be even better.”

The first three episodes of the third season have bettered both 2011′s Murder House and 2012′s Asylum among total viewers and the key adults 18-49 demo.

This season, Coven is averaging 7.74 million total viewers and 5.46 million in the adults under 50 demo — up 77 percent and 67 percent compared with season one.

“Every year, she says, ‘OK, that’s my last one.’ But she’s already committed to the fourth series. I can see American Horror Story going 10 years, 12 years, 15 years. I think it’s limitless because it re-energizes every year, and I would love for Jessica Lange to be part of it every year,” he said. “All I’ll say is, Jessica Lange has always wanted to play a Marlene Dietrich figure, and now she gets to.”

The series airs in Australia on ELEVEN where it’s all but …..buried.

Source: Hollywood Reporter

I've still not recovered from season one and yet to watch season 2 and 3.

[MENTION=486]bleachy_dude[/MENTION]

That's brilliant news! No one really doubted that it'd be renewed but glad is all confirmed.

Can't wait until we have an idea about the setting. :D

OMG! Episode five has already been and gone it's going to over sooner than you can say Madame Marie Delphine LaLaurie Mistress of the House LaLaurie.

Looks like I was wrong on the Nan front. Zoe's looking like she is indeed the Supreme and finally she did something plot worthy! Take that zombie horde!

I think I've reached the point where I can call it - LaLaurie may be a horrible person but I think she's my favourite character.

Also I totally predicted it. Myrtle got set up and burnt at the stake courtesy of Fiona but thank god for Misty Day; there's hope yet for my fire-haired queen!

Fiona really needs to rethink her strategy. At this rate if she keeps killing off all opposition she's not going to have a coven to be Supreme over. I mean witches are meant to be a dying breed right?

Now I just need to know who really threw acid at Cordelia.

Spalding is fucked up.

tumblr_mvvtao7ujl1rxifz8o3_250.gif

Also in regards to Zoe being the new Supreme. Did anyone else get the feeling that she summoned Misty like she did with Kyle.

The focus on her eyes leads me to believe this might be the case as how else would Misty have known where to find Myrtle.

tumblr_mvvtll9ruP1qfd6pto1_r1_500.gif

Completely agree with you! I just watched the latest episode today. It always floors me how creative the storylines can get. I hate how we have to wait for so long each year for another season. I'd love more than 12 episodes. Jessica Lange is saying next year will be her last, but Ryan Murphy has said she says that every year lol, so fingers crossed it keeps on for a bit longer.

Also in regards to Zoe being the new Supreme. Did anyone else get the feeling that she summoned Misty like she did with Kyle.

The focus on her eyes leads me to believe this might be the case as how else would Misty have known where to find Myrtle.

tumblr_mvvtll9ruP1qfd6pto1_r1_500.gif

Yes! I was actually really disappointed when it looked like Madison was going to be the new supreme. Always wanted it to be Zoe, and happy that it's looking more that way.

This show deserves it own thread because it is THE MOST AMAZING TV SHOW EVER CREATED.

Each season is a self contained narrative so you can follow along with the current series, Coven, without having to watch the previous two. However I recommend you do watch the other two as they are amazing!

Coven is airing now; what do you all think?

I am OBSESSED! I tried to wait it out so i could download the entire series and just binge watch but I couldn't wait any longer, jessica lange is my spirit animal

I haven't see all of s1, or any of s2; however, I think (could be wrong), something they did s3 is that they also spent a lot of time narrating the characters personalities, as well as the storyline. It really makes the show so much more enjoyable. Love Queenie and Madison (hope she returns!)

Don't even get me started on Fiona!

Well that's got to be the tamest episode of the season yet. That said it was still brilliant and we've learned so much!

Hubby isn't just any regular murderer he's a witch hunter and working with the VODOO QUEEN! Plus Cordelia is finally seeing some truths. How long til she sees the real Fiona I wonder?

Zoe is taking charge and 'witching up'. But still making the occasional incredible stupid decision... enjoy your annual leave Axeman don't kill too many people! Zoe is so right to not trust Fiona and I'm so glad she at least has that right. Can't wait for the inevitable Fiona v. Zoe showdown.

Kyle finally found his way back to Misty Day (who is still an awesomely hipster psycho, anyone get that the feeling she could just snap at any moment and kill everyone?) who's currently growing some Myrtle in her garden. I struggle to see how no one in New Orleans noticed a zombie walking around all dazed and blood covered like surely WWLTV would have at least mentioned it in their news bulletin but whatever.

No LaLaruie. :(

But Maddison is back and not even death has changed her...

tumblr_mw9oa5cXvy1rhmwa8o2_250.gif

OMG! I forgot to say how ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY AHHHH-MAZING Marie Laveau was this episode.

That angry speech.

The glares.

The shade.

tumblr_mw9mq4BVkP1rbvhreo3_250.gif
tumblr_mw9mq4BVkP1rbvhreo4_250.gif

Zoe still bugs me. I honestly don't see how she could beat Fiona in any way. Well no way could Taissa take on Jessica. So I'll find that hard to believe.

I'm pleased that Cordelia is growing a bit. She's a stronger witch than was shown. But bummer about her eyes. She's doing an amazing job. I was shocked to find out about her witch-hunting husband. It explained a lot. I feel for poor Cordelia.

I kind of wish Misty Day is the next supreme. I think the fact that Fiona brought the stillborn baby to life was a way of hinting that maybe she could be. I don't like the idea of this new young girl coming in, killing someone with her evil vagina and then suddenly becoming all powerful within a few months. It's just silly. Misty would make a kickass supreme. I do agree with [MENTION=33411]Consuela[/MENTION] about her potential to snap and kill everyone. She's so awesome!

And YAY. Madison is back. I wonder if she'll be normal or if she won't be able to eat/drink etc. Time will tell.

Back