Skip to main content

Alone Australia

Cheers. Ended up just Googling what it should be called and a link to the file on reddit came up.

Weird that it's not the usual places.

yeah it was trickier to source than most content. At least all the people who complained how "bad" the AU one was after the first couple of eps have moved on to scathing reviews of UK now. 🤣

I haven't seen the finale. Can't find it anywhere. I see some things saying it aired, others saying it airs next week. No idea.
It airs on TV next week but episodes are released a week in advance online. I worked out the winner early on purely on the edit.

What's the shortest stint of a winner in the US, and do they notify the final 4 too?

Surely if they're all around the same lake/river they hear the helicopters and boats coming. Presumably in theory they're all far enough apart not to bump into each other.

It airs on TV next week but episodes are released a week in advance online. I worked out the winner early on purely on the edit.

What's the shortest stint of a winner in the US, and do they notify the final 4 too?

Surely if they're all around the same lake/river they hear the helicopters and boats coming. Presumably in theory they're all far enough apart not to bump into each other.

I'd guess this would be the shortest season of the entire franchise (but that's only a guess) and after starting with 11 at that. And yes I was thinking as well they'd all have heard the helicopters. And then announcing to the winner that they had won like they did. What the hell is wrong with them? I hope they get a huge backlash from viewers about the way they cocked up the format.

US have never told anyone what place they were at, not even second, when they tap.

And they have beeper thing that lets them know when they go to certain perimeter, so they can't stray into another person's territory. As I understand it.

Usually when a format like this debuts I'm quite interested to see the other versions but although C4 have now put up the last 5 seasons of the US show (I guess someone else has the rights to earlier seasons) I've no interest at all.

Is the winner usually announced in person?

BTW @Brekkie at least watch Alone AU. Can watch on SBS on Demand with a VPN. It's true to the US format so you'll see the difference. Gets off to a rocky start but definitely worth watching to the end.

I'm getting excited for this.

Alone Australia is very much top secret and under wraps. But it’s been our most successful commission ever. So I think we’re really excited to bring the second series to audiences. And of course, this time, our contestants have to deal with the wilds of New Zealand, which is going to be fascinating,” Natalie Edgar, Channel Manager, SBS and SBS VICELAND says.

“We’ll also have a companion podcast this year presented by (S1 winner) Gina Chick.”

Last edited:
I really do need to finally watch this. I think when I burnt through the US Alone watching many seasons back to back, I just needed a break. Last one I watched was Alone UK.

Still never watched s1 of the Australian but I started s2. The cast all seem strong and skilled. Enjoyed.

There's also this article from 11 March. Sounds (to me) like someone gets medevacced? Or maybe injures themselves badly and taps. "In the first few episodes you’ll see that play out and it’s terrifying."

I was annoyed they cliff hangered this. It was also someone I was rooting for.

I'm also sure another one I liked who seemed like they could go the distance is going to do the whole, "I miss my family too much" and tap. They might not, but that's my gut feeling.

Still never watched s1 of the Australian but I started s2. The cast all seem strong and skilled. Enjoyed.

I was annoyed they cliff hangered this. It was also someone I was rooting for.

I'm also sure another one I liked who seemed like they could go the distance is going to do the whole, "I miss my family too much" and tap. They might not, but that's my gut feeling.
It's off to a good start, and we haven't even seen all of them in action yet. The article's spoiler is playing out, and there'll probably be another one to come by the sounds of it. Obviously very unfortunate for them, but much better viewing than "I miss my family".

It's off to a good start, and we haven't even seen all of them in action yet. The article's spoiler is playing out, and there'll probably be another one to come by the sounds of it. Obviously very unfortunate for them, but much better viewing than "I miss my family".
💯. I think there was at least half an hour footage of that guy last year with shaky hands looking at his family photo. Hopefully we get spared from that this year.

At least Leanne outdid her husband Rob from last season by 1 day, and managed 3 days before she tapped. All they demonstrated was being able to put up basic shelters but I don’t think they ate a thing or even attempted to find anything.

I wonder what everyone is drinking, have they shown what people are able to drink, or is that fresh water around them that they can freely drink?

What have the ratings for this season been like?

I went to the Wikipedia page to check the contestants, and season 2 wasn't even in there lol. Adding some content now.

At least Leanne outdid her husband Rob from last season by 1 day, and managed 3 days before she tapped. All they demonstrated was being able to put up basic shelters but I don’t think they ate a thing or even attempted to find anything.

I didn't watch s1, but it's such a waste when you get people in who talk up a big game and then just go, "nope." Surely the vetting process should be better. As well as these people knowing themselves better.

I think it was s2 of the US version where a guy arrived on day 1. Sat on a log and then tapped a few hours later. How do they end up on the show?

I also didn't like Leanne saying that at least she beat Mike. He went out with a medical issue. That's nothing to brag about beating when you didn't even put in a good effort and weren't up to the challenge.

It is however interesting because I am fully aware I have no survival skills but from watching so many seasons of Alone there is a part of me that thinks I could probably do ok on the show. Not win, but I think I could put in an effort. While also knowing I would tap within a week.

I wonder what everyone is drinking, have they shown what people are able to drink, or is that fresh water around them that they can freely drink?

It's a freshwater lake with good water quality. I assume they'll be boiling as a precaution but that probably isn't necessary.

Back