Skip to main content

Alone Australia

Yeah that was a pathetic effort from them (easy to say after watching a lot of the US seasons, of course). I loved the Aussie accents and vernacular and all that swearing. American viewers are going to love it lol. I missed why that guy couldn't light a fire. Did he not take a fire starter? And also with all the hair these people have, why didn't any of them cut a bit off to use to get their fire started? These early tap outs were pretty disappointing really.

Anyone want to tip what day the winner gets told they've won? I'm gonna run with Day 57 because I don't have a lot of faith in them. But that is a very generous tip.
I will guess day 20 by the look of them, lol. I watched all US seasons twice and so far the Australian are not very good, it is like they never watched any "Alone" before. I hope they are going to be a little more efficient or they can't last. They have to have a good shelter, not just a tarpaulin thrown over a branch, that ridiculous.
I don't like the swearing and I was so happy that woman taped out.

I've never watched Alone before, so hard to anticipate how long they will last. That first guy that tapped out, with the dreads. I had him picked as going all the way! There's still three whose campsites we haven't visited yet, which I find odd after two episodes.

The woman, Beck I think, who tapped out - she had a little flame going and then smothered it! One night of rain and they're out! I would probably die of starvation if I was on this show, unless the fish jumped on my line, but I can set up a decent camp and light a fire, even when it's wet.

Once they are all shown at their camps, I will have a go a tipping my winner. I like Gina, but she didn't bring a sleeping bag...
The weak tap out early and then the last five or four they hang on to the point of starvation some time and have to be tapped out.

I love a bit of solitude and my own company - but 57 days. No thanks.
Even though Australia doesn't have bears, wolves or all the other predators US Alone have, I could not spent one night in a forest, I would be terrified

Just watched both episodes today. ive watched some of the American series but not really got into them. I was looking forward to this as I love the Oz bush. Seems as if some of the early leavers did not have the skills to stay very long and realised it. Poor bloke with COVID. the place picked for this seems pretty inhospitable and from what I’m reading an old hydro dam site. i Hope they last more than a month.

Yeah I'm being very generous with my 57 day tip, but maybe a couple of the remaining seven players will surprise us. They really need to step up their shelter game though. In the US one they build proper log cabins and stuff like that. They have big tarps to protect them from all the rain, so deal with it.

SBS is casting a second season already so hopefully they will get people with more skills for that.

Obviously they need people who can hack it but is a danger that if you get people building themselves houses etc. it ends up being a bit too professional and expert rather than the everyday person trying to survive.

Obviously they need people who can hack it but is a danger that if you get people building themselves houses etc. it ends up being a bit too professional and expert rather than the everyday person trying to survive.

Well, as I said in Post #1:

...if Australia has cast complete rookies it'll make for disappointing viewing. It works best with people who have a clue about hunting and surviving.

When you've got people tapping out literally in the first couple of days it makes for terrible viewing. You just think what a waste of time it was. Cold and wet in Tasmania???? Surely not! Will Pete be next... the hunter who managed to get everything soaked?

I imagine it might be the size of the fish or even how many you can catch. It could be the season too. Don’t know much about fishing and the rules..

I found a list of the 41 items.

I saw that but didn't post it as I wasn't sure if it was accurate. The word "flashlight" appears and surely they'd say torch in Australia? Anyway they didn't link the source so hmmm.

Here's the list from a previous US season (obviously some things like bows/arrows aren't allowed in Australia):

Participants select 10 items from the following list. Participants are responsible for sourcing and purchasing their 10 items.
Participants may only choose up to 2 Food items. No duplicate items can be taken from the following list.
Any loops of string attached to any tool, weapon or used as a neck loop will be deducted from the participants 80m of paracord, cotton cord or trapping wire allowance.

12x12 ground cloth/tarp
8-mm climbing rope - 10M
550 Paracord - 80m
3-mm cotton cord - 40m
1 multi-seasonal sleeping bag
1 bivi bag
1 sleeping pad
1 hammock
1 large pot
1 steel frying pan
1 flint or ferro rod set with standard-sized striker
1 enamel bowl for eating
1 spoon
1 canteen/water bottle
1 standard size bar of soap
1 8-oz tube of toothpaste
1 face flannel
1 40-mm roll dental floss
1 small bottle bio shower soap
1 shaving razor
1 towel
1 comb
1 300-yd roll of a single-filament fishing line up to max of 20 lbs weight test + 35 assorted barbless hooks
1 Primitive Bow Recurve or longbow + 9x Arrows
1 small-gauge gill net
1 slingshot/catapult + 30 steel ball bearings + 1 replacement band
1 net foraging bag
2 lbs of 20, 21 or 22-gauge stainless steel and/or brass trapping (snare) wire
3 lbs of one solid block of salt
2 lbs of beef jerky
2 lbs of dried pulses/legumes/lentils mix
2 lbs of biltong
2 lbs of hard tack military biscuits
2 lbs of chocolate
2 lbs of pemmican
2 lbs of GORP
2 lbs of flour
2/3 lbs rice / 2/3 lb sugar / 2/3 lb of salt
1 pocket knife
1 hunting knife
1 Leatherman multitool or similar
1 sharpening stone
1 roll of duct tape or 1 roll of electrical tape
1 small shovel
1 small sewing kit
1 carabiner
1 LED flashlight
1 pair of ice spikes
1 scotch-eyed auger
1 adze
1 2-handed draw knife
1 hatchet
1 saw
1 ax

Even though Australia doesn't have bears, wolves or all the other predators US Alone have, I could not spent one night in a forest, I would be terrified
Don't forget your snakes (& spiders shiverrrrr)

Back