Skip to main content

2020 Ratings Thread

I wouldn’t count on their ratings increasing now the main star has gone, there’s nothing interesting left about the show anymore to draw their audience back in.

expecting a steady decline to 600k for the rest of the regular episodes, with the grand final finishing at 750k with the winner announcement rating 780-800k
Yeah that sounds about right really. I wonder what twists they throw in to pad out the 24 shows, and whether they can lure viewers back with them.

Yeah that sounds about right really. I wonder what twists they throw in to pad out the 24 shows, and whether they can lure viewers back with them.

It likely has something to do with the prize money as Sonia said at the beginning of the season that the winner won't neccesarily get the entire 250k.

It likely has something to do with the prize money as Sonia said at the beginning of the season that the winner won't neccesarily get the entire 250k.
Yeah I considered that a possibility in one of the daily threads. Maybe one or even two eps of games/challenges for cash prizes and no evictions? No-one's won as much as a 3 flip phone so far. Let alone a car (yes those days are long over).

Possibly they might just drag the show out? Isn’t there only 9-11 day’s processing the coronavirus lockdown? So they possibly might just do one episode per day so then an eviction only occurs every second ep? I could be way off but I just can’t see how they’re gonna slam 5 non eviction episodes into the next 12 episodes to go?

Possibly they might just drag the show out? Isn’t there only 9-11 day’s processing the coronavirus lockdown? So they possibly might just do one episode per day so then an eviction only occurs every second ep? I could be way off but I just can’t see how they’re gonna slam 5 non eviction episodes into the next 12 episodes to go?
Wasnt filming of the series accelerated with an eviction every day from ten housemates down to three in order to wrap up early in case the big brother house was deemed a non essential business and locked down by the government?

Wasnt filming of the series accelerated with an eviction every day from ten housemates down to three in order to wrap up early in case the big brother house was deemed a non essential business and locked down by the government?
Production was accelerated, but they can easily stretch the footage to cover more episodes should they want to. If they really wanted to, they could mimic the show 24 and make an episode cover a single hour in the house.

And even still that only accounts for 6 episodes and a finale. So what are these extra 4 episodes going to be? They seriously can't do another fake eviction, and I don't see any possibility of an evicted housemate returning.

And even still that only accounts for 6 episodes and a finale. So what are these extra 4 episodes going to be? They seriously can't do another fake eviction, and I don't see any possibility of an evicted housemate returning.
Well there will be the COVID-19 episode which won't contain an eviction (I assume), and there will probably be some shitty staged series recap episode before the finale like BBUSA does every year. So that's two of the "extra" episodes filled. Plus they could also do an entire episode dedicated to cut/unreleased/online-only footage as well.

But whatever their plans is to fill the episodes are, it seems quite clear that the season will have 24 episodes because the NZ broadcaster has updated their rate card weekly since first releasing the one that included Big Brother in May, and they haven't removed any episodes at all.

Well there will be the COVID-19 episode which won't contain an eviction (I assume), and there will probably be some shitty staged series recap episode before the finale like BBUSA does every year. So that's two of the "extra" episodes filled. Plus they could also do an entire episode dedicated to cut/unreleased/online-only footage as well.

But whatever their plans is to fill the episodes are, it seems quite clear that the season will have 24 episodes because the NZ broadcaster has updated their rate card weekly since first releasing the one that included Big Brother in May, and they haven't removed any episodes at all.
Maybe there has been an error somewhere along the line and there are only 8 more episodes remaining - 6 evictions + 1 covid + 1 finale.

Maybe there has been an error somewhere along the line and there are only 8 more episodes remaining - 6 evictions + 1 covid + 1 finale.
Originally BB was scheduled to have concluded before the Olympics began on 24 July. Did they add three more eps? Despite rushing the shoot? It is really odd.

Not sure whether it'll benefit or hurt them that The Voice hits their lockdown stage on Sunday, but their situation seems far more current with them adjusting to the world of social distancing and adapting accordingly, like we all are at the moment, rather than Big Brother who'll be announcing what was then a pandemic we didn't know much about and didn't really think would affect us as much as it has.

Oh that’s interesting, I’d missed that bit. Do you think maybe there will be a winner cash prize and a runner up cash prize? 🤔

Oh that’s interesting, I’d missed that bit. Do you think maybe there will be a winner cash prize and a runner up cash prize? 🤔

I think its more likely that towards the end they will have some kind of games/challenges and depending how well the housemates do they will get money deducted or get to keep the entire cash prize. Or they will have a fan favourite vote at the end of the season and that person will win money too like they have done on Survivor in the past.

If they do have a fan favourite vote though, we all know who is winning.

Last edited:
Back