Skip to main content

2020 Ratings Thread

What do they count as the "eviction" portion - is it the whole tribal or literally just the result?

Reactions: kxk
What do they count as the "eviction" portion - is it the whole tribal or literally just the result?
Ratings are recorded in 15 minutes increments so it's probably the last 15 mins of the scheduled show plus however many 15 min increments it took to actually finally end.

701,000 for Big Brother, trailing Masterchef 967,000 and The Voice 886,000

it was Number 2 in all demo’s. Not bad but less than last Sunday.

701,000 for Big Brother, trailing Masterchef 967,000 and The Voice 886,000

it was Number 2 in all demo’s. Not bad but less than last Sunday.
Masterchef is down to the final 6, so I suspect they will continue to rate high in the same timeslot and grab a small audience portion.

I’m very concerned about the ratings. Things really need to change for next season. The structure of the show is just getting repetitive and boring. I think another reason is that rtv should be about just sitting back, not having to think too much and enjoy the show. With all the strat talk you really have to follow it, understand it, and fill in a lot of gaps, it probably turns viewers off, especially those just wanting to watch episodes here and there. Another season like this will flop.

I’m very concerned about the ratings. Things really need to change for next season. The structure of the show is just getting repetitive and boring. I think another reason is that rtv should be about just sitting back, not having to think too much and enjoy the show. With all the strat talk you really have to follow it, understand it, and fill in a lot of gaps, it probably turns viewers off, especially those just wanting to watch episodes here and there. Another season like this will flop.

I don't necessarily 100% agree. The fact that its 6 years later and the overnight average is higher than 2014's consolidated average is quite the improvement. It's beating the voice in the demos (beating Masterchef is like trying to beat MAFS tbh it just won't happen now). It does really well in timeshiftng and its also the most streamed show and it's online media following is quite successful. Theres more to a show's success than just the overnight number.

I don't necessarily 100% agree. The fact that its 6 years later and the overnight average is higher than 2014's consolidated average is quite the improvement. It's beating the voice in the demos (beating Masterchef is like trying to beat MAFS tbh it just won't happen now). It does really well in timeshiftng and its also the most streamed show and it's online media following is quite successful. Theres more to a show's success than just the overnight number.
I agree, I’m suprised at how well the show has done considering. But I feel this season has had so much wasted potential. The downwards trend is worrying for me, and I hope it’s not an indication of diminishing interest in the show. With tweaks I really think the show could be a knockout and take on the likes of mafs and Masterchef.

It has to be said though that in 2014 BB aired at 8:30 pm or later, so naturally BB was going to see an improvement in an earlier timeslot. Also Nine chopped and changed the schedule constantly in 2014 which also led to ratings declines.

Right now I would say this version is somewhere in the middle. It's not doing extremely well nor is it rating bad. I do think ratings will fall further though if the show stays as repetitive next year.

This season through only 11 episodes, its already had a 200k drop off. Even streaming has dropped off with the premiere having a 60k VPM and Sundays episode only having a 22.7k VPM.

I don't think 7 should get complacent otherwise if the ratings drop off much more the show could get cancelled again next year.

I agree, I’m suprised at how well the show has done considering. But I feel this season has had so much wasted potential. The downwards trend is worrying for me, and I hope it’s not an indication of diminishing interest in the show. With tweaks I really think the show could be a knockout and take on the likes of mafs and Masterchef.

The past 3 Monday's have ranked at around #10-#11 anyway so its not exactly a massive drop.

They need to let the viewer breathe between storylines, their ratings will massively improve if there’s ‘main event’ specific nights for their audience to look forward to. If it runs for 9 weeks, they can still run through 9 eviction cycles with 12 housemates and no intruders. Far more desirable for a format this complex imo

They need to let the viewer breathe between storylines, their ratings will massively improve if there’s ‘main event’ specific nights for their audience to look forward to. If it runs for 9 weeks, they can still run through 9 eviction cycles with 12 housemates and no intruders. Far more desirable for a format this complex imo

Exactly, its way too quick. Sunday night evictions were events to look forward to each week.

Episode Twelve: Tuesday 30th June 2020
Overnight total viewers:
Main show: (9) 695,000

3rd in 25-54 demos behind Masterchef and Nine News and second in both younger demos.

I wouldn’t count on their ratings increasing now the main star has gone, there’s nothing interesting left about the show anymore to draw their audience back in.

expecting a steady decline to 600k for the rest of the regular episodes, with the grand final finishing at 750k with the winner announcement rating 780-800k

Back