Skip to main content

2020 Ratings Thread

The ratings were really low for everything last night as there was nothing worth watching on TV. 7 should have just left Big Brother to air Monday to Wednesday, it would have easily been the highest rating show last night.

Plus if BB aired Monday to Wednesday on 7 then it would be well clear of the football and associated shows.

Meanwhile in Adelaide Railway Station last night there was frequent advertising on the digital billboard for Big Brother this sunday @ 7 PM featuring Angelas twist - the BB advertising was far more frequent than my once hourly grange train!
Laughing

The casting isn't too bad, it's more they need to show us the HM's a little more. I think make it live, and they've got an absolute winner.

It's actually better then I'd expected.
If they made it live, that would draw at least a bunch of viewers back and probably raise viewers a bit

Reactions: kxk
Someone on media spy commented that they (7)promised advertising buyers 640k. Not sure how true that is, but hoping it stays above 640

Episode Seven: Sunday 21st June 2020
Overnight total viewers:
Main show: (5) 751,000
Eviction: (6) 721,000

beaten in total people by The Voice and Masterchef. But #2 and #3 behind Masterchef in all demos.

EDIT: TVTonight believes numbers may be adjusted due to AFL changes.

Last edited:
Episode Seven: Sunday 21st June 2020
Overnight total viewers:
Main show: (5) 751,000
Eviction: (6) 721,000

beaten in total people by The Voice and Masterchef. But #2 and #3 behind Masterchef in all demos.

EDIT: TVTonight believes numbers may be adjusted due to AFL changes.

Where did you see that? Just been on TV Tonight and can't see that written anywhere.

Interesting that 30,000 viewers didn't make it to the eviction part.
It’s an average, it’s normal for shows to fluctuate throughout, which is why they strategically split code (not that it worked for them last night).
I don’t ‘flick around channels’ when I’m watching a show and really don’t get people who do.

It’s an average, it’s normal for shows to fluctuate throughout, which is why they strategically split code (not that it worked for them last night).
I know it's an average. But the average for the main show was 30k above the average for the eviction part. It probably started higher and drifted away throughout the show, because of the annoying music and basically all the criticisms we threw out in the daily thread. So you can't deny they didn't stick around for the eviction. I wasn't suggesting they all switched off during the scramble part of the show.

Episode Eight: Monday 22nd June 2020
Overnight total viewers:
Main show: (11) 719,000
Eviction: (10) 744,000

beaten in time slot by the voice and Masterchef. Also beaten by HYBPA

#3 and #4 in demos behind Masterchef and HYBPA

Back