Skip to main content

2020 Ratings Thread

Big Brother unfortunately slipped further.

The main portion of the show ranked 12th at 658,000 and the eviction was 13th at 655,000.

It also came 4th in 7's target 25-54 demo, behind both The Voice and Masterchef.

The show is down a massive 242k from launch only 5 episodes in.

Beaten by Masterchef and HYBPA on 10, The Voice on 9 AND the ABC shows.
4th in 25-54 demo :-(

numbers normally slip on The Voice once the blinds are over. Might help!

Horrible numbers. At this rate there's no chance the show will be back next year.

The total viewer numbers are average but it's relatively competitive in the demos which is what 7 would be more focused on. It wouldn't want to slip much further.

The big fall in viewers does suggest many people are not fans of this new format. So hopefully if renewed 7 can tweak the format slightly to make the show more appealing.

I think it will be back either way next year, because I think this show has performed the best for them out of their rtv shows, mkr is getting axed next year and house rules did not do too well.

Also I think it’s been doing good considering it’s on 7, when all of a networks reality shows are rating low, it seems to rub off on other shows which are actually good. Eg 10 a few years back, when they genuinely had good content, but people didn’t watch cause they were rating low.

Eek at those numbers. I did think it would bounce after Sunday but nope. It was easily the worst ep so far, as evidenced by the drop in viewers for the separately coded eviction part of the show (lol, they might have to reconsider doing that).

Here's a (not so) pretty picture:

Untitled-1.jpg

The total viewer numbers are average but it's relatively competitive in the demos which is what 7 would be more focused on. It wouldn't want to slip much further.

The big fall in viewers does suggest many people are not fans of this new format. So hopefully if renewed 7 can tweak the format slightly to make the show more appealing.

The fact we're five episodes in and it's dropped this much is what's concerning though. I don't think the dropping will stop now, it will go down further.

Also, Big Brother costs a fortune to make. It needs to do better than 4th place in the demos for it to have any future, imo anyway.

The fact we're five episodes in and it's dropped this much is what's concerning though. I don't think the dropping will stop now, it will go down further.

Also, Big Brother costs a fortune to make. It needs to do better than 4th place in the demos for it to have any future, imo anyway.

It was never going to beat Masterchef nor HYBPA in the demos as those shows are too popular and have a broader appeal.

I think also another factor to consider is that the show they’ve produced hasn’t been half bad, sometimes it takes patience, passion and tweaks to make a format kick off. Survivor started horribly but cause the network saw potential and was patient it did better, so it could be the same case with bb, and highly likely since it’s rated best for them.

Their BVOD numbers hold up well but their terrestrial ratings suck ass.

Sounds like a similar case of the Love Island Australia situation. The teenies want to watch it but the parents are still awake and still have control of the TV at 7pm so they’re going to 7plus to watch instead

Back